Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

Oh, forgot to add,

Betsy, I checked by glucose this morning. It was 98, but the strips expired in 2008, so not sure how accurate it is!

I found Icelandic yogurt it has 22g of protien, it's pricey $2 each. Jay Robb makes a tasty protien powder it's better then "all the whey "which I thought was really good. I make a 50-60g protien shake. I start with protien powder,the icelandic yogurt, double milk(skim milk and nonfat powdered milk 8oz=18g of protien) and frozen fruit instead of ice. Its stays thick and doesn't seperate as the fruit melts.

no more people telling me that my advice is bad because i am not banded. Now they'll have to tell me that i don't know anything because i haven't had a fill yet.

Knowledge is a bad thing in some people's hands. I can't wait to be stuck; slime and bp. I am sick of hearing about it, i need to do it!

roflmao...

roflmao...

Hey Elfiepoo,

So I'm assuming you are an east coast early riser like me?

I'm ba-a-ck. Wow on the pain patch! I actually slept for 6 hours straight the first night and then 7 hours last night and I'm an "up 2-3x a night to go to the bathroom girl". I feel sooo much better. It's Monday *and* the first day of the month and feeling like the Energizer Bunny...everything is conspiring to remotivate me to get back on track. I kind of derailed a few days this last week. I realize now it was due to pain and tiredness.

I've been reading through this thread and am inspired by all of you!

I'd comment more but it's only 6 a.m. and I think I'm going to slip back to bed for another hour. Those who can sleep...do. :biggrin:

Hey Elfiepoo,

So I'm assuming you are an east coast early riser like me?

Yep...usually I'm up at 6 a.m. and crash around 10 or 11...but this morning I was up at 4:30 a.m. so I'm going to splurge and go back to bed for an hour. I've been sitting at the computer for about 30 minutes and my feet are like ice. I'm gonna go put 'em on my foot warmer and listen to him yelp...since he's done the same to me. :biggrin:

Elfie, I am so glad the Patches helped you! I know how miserable I was with the dreaded phrenic nerve pain. It's enough to drive ya batty!

BT, You are almost down to just counting in minutes!

Elfie, I'm SO glad you feel better!

I have chronic pain issues, and pain + fatigue really do a number on me. They are supreme disinhibitors, food-wise. They also trigger cortisol production--which feeds into it. Add in that it interferes with exercise...

Pain relief is a GOOD thing!

Edited by BetsyB

Hi Elfiepoo,

I didn't realize what you were going thru with the pain issues when I posted to you this am. Just wanted to send good wishes your way. I hope you are finding some relief.

Good morning everybody!

BT--24 hours? or so?

Elfie, I am so happy for you! sleep is a wonderful thing.

I lost another pound! Yea me!

Yes! It is Monday Morning and I was down THREE POUNDS since last Monday.... I'll update my ticker when I get home since the code link is saved on my laptop. ALSO a second victory, when I got dressed and ready for work, with my "lighter" shoes on, I was 189!!! YES!!! No more bouncing into the 190's.... Okay, well probably by the end of the day If I get on the scale still fully dressed, it will say 192 or 3ish.... But in the morning fully dressed it's NOT.... Woo Hoo.. I'll take one victory at a time....

Hey all.

Congrats Jen.

Less than 24 hours for me. I am trying to get up the motivation to do some housework but they don't have a band for that.

Gonna suck sitting in a dirty house all week but I will get used to it like always.

My niece is coming down on March 19 and said she'd clean the house for me. The poor kid has no clue what she got herself into.

Hey all.

Congrats Jen.

Less than 24 hours for me. I am trying to get up the motivation to do some housework but they don't have a band for that.

Gonna suck sitting in a dirty house all week but I will get used to it like always.

My niece is coming down on March 19 and said she'd clean the house for me. The poor kid has no clue what she got herself into.

btrieger,

Been seeing you a lot on these boards. I also spent a lot of time exploring/preparing before actually having the surgery, but I must admit I lurked on the boards back then rather than posting. I was so far in the closet about my surgery that I wouldn't post (LOL). Just wanted to wish you good luck tomorrow - I think I feel bad for that niece of yours...

Hi there! SO glad to see this thread (and thanks Leigha for the link!) I see so many of the people I love reading posts from, so this is super cool! Hope you are all doing well, my friends :-)!

Some of you may have already seen my post, but for those of you who haven't, I had my second fill on Thursday. My doc does it under fluoro, so before he did anything, he turns on the screen to see my restriction level and proceeds to tell me that I have great restriction. REALLY? That's news to me LOL! I am tight in the mornings (this was 9 am), so that is probably what it was, but I told him I am a TOTAL night feeder LOL. I have been getting stuck a little more than usual. Maybe the pouch test really did work? Anyway, I managed to get his stingy butt to give me another .8 cc's and he had me swallow the barium. We watched it and he said I know have perfect restriction. I could definitely tell that whole day and the day after, but Saturday night, I was able to eat a freaking whole slice of Papa John's chicken club pizza with no incident. Yes, it was just once slice (where in the past I could've house at least 3, so that's good), but I never get that nagging chest pain when I take one bite too many like I hear people mention. Is that something everyone gets with proper restriction? Even though I've had my nifty little tool for 4 months, maybe I just don't understand what real restriction is and my head is still ruling my eating habits? Hmmm...

Anyway, I did manage to lose one pound last week, so YAAAY! Not to mention my TOM is due to arrive for his visit on Wednesday, so I guess we will see how this fill works. I have an appointment tomorrow to follow up with the surgeon on my progress to date, so I'll just keep my little list handy for him.

Hopefully my Zumba DVDs arrive soon. I'll be sure to let everyone know how it goes! My 6 year old just loves exercising with me (he's my little buddy and he's been asking when we're getting them too LOL!)

Have a wonderful week! Go Team :-)!

Jen, that's an AWESOME loss!

Juliansmom (I love the name Julian), I will be VERY interested to hear about the Zumba DVDs. I think I might be too clumsy to do it publicly at first (I really have two left feet), but doing it at home for a while might make me brave enough to try it at the Y.

ETA: Did you all see Gloria's thread about using the band as a tool? Pop on to her blog to answer the questions if you have a minute: http://www.gloriasbandedliving.com/transforming-003-maintaining-004-getting-the-most-from-my-lap-band%C2%AE-how-i-learned-to-use-my-tool/