Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

Just wanted to share........

I know how "interesting" the teen years can be. been there , done that. I feel like I will be heading into it again very soon. I have an 8 yr old grandson who spends so much time at my house I feel like I am his mother rather than his grandmother. (I am young enough to be his mom and some people think I am) They lived at my house until he was 6.

He has been going through a bad behavior stage and it's just about driving us all crazy. Last weekend after my son came and picked him up, I noticed my grandson had added to my shopping list. It said, I will be nicer - TOY!

Ha! That sounds like something my son would do!

My oldest nephew and his mom lived with my family of origin when I was a teenager. That poor guy had more moms, between my mother, my sisters, and I!

OK humming bird I am so jealous! I saw the pictures of where you get to live, I am packing my bag and on my way, send your address, I am coming to stay with you, its so pretty there. Crap, I just remembered, I have to work, plus I am self employed so I can't even get myself fired! I guess I will just stay here....

It is amazing how my stress level dropped when I moved up in the mountains. So peaceful.

I consider it one of my successes. I worked hard (and still am) so I could have a nice house in the mountains.

Edited by Humming Bird

I'm voting we have LBT reunion at Humming Bird's house sometime soon!!! Sorta sounds like we all need a vacation in the mountains sometime soon. My parents are on vacation in Costa Rica and called earlier tonight to tell me how gorgeous it is and how much I'd love it...well duh?!? It's Costa Rica! Of course I'd love it!

TGIF!!!!! Have a great weekend everyone!

Hummingbird, Where you live is God's country. Really enjoyed the pictures. Thanks.

Okay, this is weird. I can eat a white, baked chicken breast no problem. Slow but sure. Yet, on soft, white fish I get stuck. Every time! I thought it was supposed to be easy to eat fish. I'm not over cooking it and it's moist. Maybe I'm taking to big a bite each time. Maybe, I was less careful. But it's happened twice now. Making me fear fish a bit...lol

Hey everyone!

Wow, lost happening. Some really good stuff going on at this thread!

Bob, glad to see you are feeling better!! Should get better every day!

Gloria, Happy Anniversary!!!! Yay!!

Betsy, you and Mark are in my prayers!

atgoalgal, I got the new test strips yesterday. I checked fasting sugar this morning. 101. Not bad, but I really want to see it below 100. I feel like I have let myself down seeing it 100 or over :smile: So I'll keep walking and working on it. Butters is loving our walks and his behavior improves each time we go out. He was a stellar student at our lesson yesterday!

Liz, my throat is more scratchy today than it has been. Still not sure if allergy or cold. But it isn't really bad, so whatever. :smile2:

Leigha, MIL was just released from the hospital. Not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing. Earlier today they were going to get her up for a walk but her blood pressure was too high, then suddenly they are releasing her?

We are not sure if she is suddenly better, or if they have decided they have done all they could do. Yesterday they told my BIL's wife that a social worker would come in to speak with MIL and her children (presumably about in home or nursing home care). As far as we know that never happened. But it is possible that the social worker came in and she refused. She is very independent for 94. Perhaps the doctors have thrown up their hands. SIL is taking her home right now and hubby is going to get some prescriptions filled (which she will probably not take as she hates medication).

I suspect she will not slow down and rest at home and this will be her undoing. Her granddaughter-in-law and great granddaughter are coming for a visit next week. She wants to host a party for them. She says it will be potluck, which she will never do because she is always afraid there won't be enough food so she always cooks the entire thing, so nobody brings anything even though they say they will. Yeah, dysfunction junction all the way!

Yeah, you just got out of the hospital with pneumonia! You REALLY think that is a good idea?!?!? DH and I are boycotting the thing, as are his brother and his wife.

Ah, ain't life grand?

Did someone say LapBandTalk meeting somewhere? I'm there!!!!!

How about the Mall of America? We can all buy new clothes! No sales tax! :w00t:

Okay, this is weird. I can eat a white, baked chicken breast no problem. Slow but sure. Yet, on soft, white fish I get stuck. Every time! I thought it was supposed to be easy to eat fish. I'm not over cooking it and it's moist. Maybe I'm taking to big a bite each time. Maybe, I was less careful. But it's happened twice now. Making me fear fish a bit...lol

That just goes to show how different it can be for everyone. I had a hard time with all meat for a long time. Now I can eat fish, but not chicken.

Happy Saturday all. Just checking in to say that I feel like surgery never even happened.

I feel as good as I did prior to surgery.

Now to take my time and go phase to phase with this post op diet.

Happy Saturday all. Just checking in to say that I feel like surgery never even happened.

I feel as good as I did prior to surgery.

Now to take my time and go phase to phase with this post op diet.

Thats great Bob... I felt lousy for a week or more... Well, I felt great except my tummy where it felt like I had been sucker punched.... I had so much trouble bending over, or going from a laying position to a sitting position to a standing position... Any Exursion was excruciating... Plus, I was trying to "hide" it since my Boyfriend doesn't even know... AND I live with him..... ANyhow, I am so happy you are bouncing back so quickly... Hows your broth and Jello?

So I have a share.... Non related to anything at all... Just gossip really...

Theres a girl at work who gave up food for Lent and she just drinks this Gross looking high calorie concoction of Water, maple Syrup, lemon juice and chili pepper.... She said she drinks about 2 gallons a day and it's about 2000 calories... I was like, why would you give up nutritious food for that??? I guess lent is for giving up something you totally love.... So thats why.... Plus, she "allows" herself one bite of this and that all day, so at lunch break she will go by all our co workers tables and take a bite of everyones lunches.... Haha... Crazy...

Bob, you have done well with recovery! I think all that pre-op weightloss helped you. I was much slower with recovery.

Did they give you a 10cc or 14cc band?

I didn't go the broth route. Sticking with shakes and fat free yogurt. The shakes got me through 3 weeks on pre-op. So, I am used to them and may as well keep going. :smile2:

I didn't go the broth route. Sticking with shakes and fat free yogurt. The shakes got me through 3 weeks on pre-op. So, I am used to them and may as well keep going. :smile2:

Ohhh... I had to do broth and clear liquid for the first 5 days, then moved on to full liquid including the shakes and Thinned strained cream Soups, yogurt, Which I hate and bypassed... In fact after hearing so much about Greek yogurt, I just got some this week and tried it.... GAAAROSSSSS!!! Very chalky tasting... And it was supposed to be blueberry but I didn't taste any hint of blue berry... I'll go with cottage cheese instead....... After 5 days of that... HEAVEN... Mushies.... LOL.....

I actually loved the broth part of all this.... I was freezing all the time and I loved nothing more than a steaming cup of broth to warm my hands.... I switched between, chicken, vegetable and beef flavored.... I still enjoy it... Think I'll have some for Breakfast..... I can't eat food at all for Breakfast anymore... I can'tn even drink a shake for at least 2 hours.... It gets stuck... Imagine that. Getting stuck on a thick drink....

To be honest, I am sick of hearing about greek yogurt here. I'm glad you said how nasty it is. I was thinking I was the only one that thought it was rancid. Regular old Dannon or Yoplait are so much better.

I love cottage cheese but have to wait another week for that. By that time I will be putting all kinds of crap in the Cuisine Art and creating mushy masterpieces.