Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

FYi, my doc stopped my blood pressure meds while I was in the hospital and told me just to watch it really closely. I was averaging around 110/60 in the hospital, med free for 48 hours...which is amazing. About the time I went on mushies I had to go back on 1/2 a dose of what I was on but recently swarted to get that swimmy feeling a couple time so need to start watching it closer, maybe, just maybe it's time to get off of 'em!

Yesterday was absolutely gorgeous, today is supposed to be close so the boy and I will be spending the afternoon out back doing yardwork, then off to dinner with my older brother who is leaving tomorrow for Wisconsin for 2 months before heading off to Afghanistan...again.... My son will likely cry, he adores his uncle James, which in turn will make me cry, bleh.

For those of you who have it, enjoy the sun! For those of you who don't we'll enjoy it for ya!

Good Morning Everyone!! Well I got stuck on steak last night. I keep getting stuck but it's my own fault. I know I ate too fast. But as soon as I felt that little sensation I stopped eating and that was it dinner was over. DH has been very understanding. Dinner seems to be a problem for me almost every night! Getting tired of making it to only sit there most nights. Oh well!

Gloria, Happy Anniversary! Oh my... bubbly wine! Sounds like fun. Haven't had bubbles since I was banded.

Bob, I am a teacher (on disability) and in my classroom I have a big banner that says, "Attitude is the minds paintbrush; it can color any situation." Every year I would hang that up in the front and always remind the children throughout the year. I really believe your good attitude has made you the success you are today!!!

Besty, Glad things are moving along. I continue my prayers for you and hubby.

Denise, We are so close to one another. Amazing! I don't go to San Diego often though. What kind of dog is Butters? I love the name too. So glad he got to go to the high class mall. Isn't it funny how pets are allowed so many places here? My daughter works at Home Depot and pets are allowed there to...even in the shopping carts.

2GoodDogs, Welcome! We are glad to have you!

Liz, "Outed" at work! Oh no!!...lol You always make me chuckle girl. Sorry about the lay offs. I know there will be teachers laid off this year. I might go back to work this next school year because Im high up in the seniority book but that would mean bumping someone else.

Leigha, So glad you're dusting off that motorcycle. Have a ride for me. Fun! Fun!

Christie, So glad your blood pressure is back to normal. Isn't it nice to get off some of your meds? I'm down from 11 to 6 prescription meds.

Hummingbird, I used to bowl all the time when I lived in Indiana. I was even on a league for years, but haven't bowled in years. Glad you got out and had some fun!

Where oh where has ElfiePoo gone to? I PM her yesterday and haven’t gotten a response.

Have a great day my friends!

Hi Everyone!

2gooddogs--Welcome, wow you are doing great with the weight loss, keep it up!!

Humming Bird, bowling is great exercise. Too bad you had a nail casualty! Wah.

Bob, my surgeon took me off BP meds right away. You may be able to stop them pretty soon! That would be sweet!

Gloria, happy anniversary, good job giving yourself permission to enjoy and then right ack on track!

Illumination, Butters is a yellow labrador. He is named after the character Butters of South Park. Yes, well behaved dogs are welcome many places around here. It is very nice. Our next lesson we are going to a big Petco. That should prove interesting!

Stuck on the first bite? Ugh! I hate it when that happens! I have started taking a moment before I eat and telling myself to remember to take small bites, eat slowly, and chew chew chew! It seems to help. Especially when I get too hungry and am ready to attack my plate! It's sort of like saying grace. Thank You for the food, thank You for the band, thank myself for eating slowly and chewing well.

Sometime we'll have to plan a meet-up in Mission Viejo or something!

Liz, I don't think being outed is too bad at this point. You have been successful and folk are going to gossip anyway. You might as well set the record straight.

I did have one person whom I didn't really care for that approached me after she noticed I was losing. She was forever complaining that she was fat and needed to lose weight. Mind you, her weight was fine. She had a little bit of a tummy, but at age 60, I thought she looked great.

When she asked what I was doing, I said eating smaller portions and exercising. No lie.

That only lasted until she heard from someone else that I'd had surgery. Then she was all over me about it. She wanted it, how could she get it, why didn't I tell her the first time. On and on. Oh well, she finally retired. Thank goodness!

Well, it's raining here today, and I am feeling cruddy. So I don't think Butters is going walking today. :smile2: He'll get over it, I am sure. He's enjoying laying by the fire keeping his old bones warm.

DH wants me to make Breakfast, so I suppose I should think about that--before it becomes lunch!

Here's a few pics of Butters and one of me a few months pre-op:

post-223146-13813139179016_thumb.jpg

post-223146-13813139179302_thumb.jpg

post-223146-13813139179589_thumb.jpg

post-223146-13813139179863_thumb.jpg

Betsy, I hope all goes well with Marks appointment....keeping my fingers crossed.

All you dog lovers, I do love pets and know all the joy they can bring to our lives. It sounds like many of you are getting in some good walking with them. I just have too much going on right now to commit to taking care of one. Maybe in the future.

Bob, Wow, beautiful dogs. They look like they could eat you out of house and home. um.......glad you got rid of that poor chair. I would love to have a swimming pool, but am too much of a sun worshiper (tanning) and am trying to break myself of that.

Liz, Maybe it will be a good thing you were outed at work. I get great support from co-workers and hope you get the same. Please let me know how Alice in Wonderland is. I want to take my grandson.

Leigha, I'm so glad you are getting back on the bike. I have a big fear of them myself, but know they can provide great stress relief for others. Now you will see a "hot biker chick" in those windows?!

Christie, I will pray for a safe deployment and return home from Afganistan for James. My nephew just returned from Iraq.

illuminationlady, I have given up steak, porkchops, and any other solid type meats ..... bummer, but worth it.

Elfie, it's strange not seeing you here. I hope all is well with you.

I hope what remains of the weekend goes well for everyone. Now I must get my household chores done.....ugh

Hi Everyone!

Illumination, Butters is a yellow labrador. He is named after the character Butters of South Park. Yes, well behaved dogs are welcome many places around here. It is very nice. Our next lesson we are going to a big Petco. That should prove interesting!

Stuck on the first bite? Ugh! I hate it when that happens! I have started taking a moment before I eat and telling myself to remember to take small bites, eat slowly, and chew chew chew! It seems to help. Especially when I get too hungry and am ready to attack my plate! It's sort of like saying grace. Thank You for the food, thank You for the band, thank myself for eating slowly and chewing well.

Sometime we'll have to plan a meet-up in Mission Viejo or something!

Here's a few pics of Butters and one of me a few months pre-op:

Love the pics of Butters. I have a Golden named Brewski! Can you believe it. I really like your advice and am going to impliment it tonight with dinner. But we're having chicken which I don't seem to have a problem with. And the funny thing is that with lunch I don't have to worry at all about getting stuck. It's like my band tightens at the end of the day. Really weird! Anyway, thanks for the post and pictures. You are very blessed!

Denise, I had to laugh today as my grandson was watching the movie Marley & Me. I could picture you and Butters.

Okay, this is weird. I can eat a white, baked chicken breast no problem. Slow but sure. Yet, on soft, white fish I get stuck. Every time! I thought it was supposed to be easy to eat fish.

I'm not a big fish person so I wish that was my problem. I'm the opposite. No problem with white fish (tuna is out), but I get stuck with chicken every time. I'm bummed because I love chicken.

Pasta is a no-no for me because it slides right through. I can eat just as much pasta in 20 minutes as I could preband. I'm reaching the point where eating is just not as enjoyable for me as it used to be. Probably a good thing.

Theres a girl at work who gave up food for Lent and she just drinks this Gross looking high calorie concoction of Water, maple Syrup, lemon juice and chili pepper.... She said she drinks about 2 gallons a day and it's about 2000 calories

I'm guessing she misread the article. It's equal parts maple syrup and lemon juice and then you take 3 Tbs of that and dilute it in 8 oz of water and drink it every 3 hours (5 glasses *total* per day) with a couple shakes of cayenne pepper in each glass. I calculated it out and it's not even 1000 calories per day. It's actually not gross. Tastes like lemonade with a maple flavor...not bad if you like maple.

Have to admit though that I lost 10 pounds in one week and never felt hungry or craving. I think it's the maple syrup keeping the blood sugar stable.

I do this particular fast when I'm feeling sluggish since I get a boost of energy within hours. Haven't felt sluggish though since I got restriction and my carbs have been seriously restricted.

Oh yeah...and hi everybody! Sorry for being MIA.

I had a sudden 'spring cleaning' urge and actually had the energy and ability to do something about it this year so I've been cleaning out and rearranging kitchen cupboards, scrubbing carpets and walls and uprooting spiders for the last several days. My son says he thinks I lost it because I'm going around with my sheepskin duster singing, "Moving day, guys!" as I swipe out a cobweb.

I did go in for a fill last Thursday. I wasn't sure if I needed one since I do get stuck on quite a number of things, but after talking to the doc, he said 'getting stuck' is not necessarily an indication of restriction. So after an additional .25cc, I have only been able to eat about 1/2-3/4 cup of food at a meal, which makes me happier, and I'm going to pay closer attention to...and avoid...those things that cause me to get stuck...or to slide.

Pasta, Beans and rice when eaten alone are slider foods for me. They go right through and I could eat just as much (literally several cups) in 20 minutes now as I could pre-band. If I have it with my evening meal, I'll just have 2 Tbs and eat it last so it sits on top of the things that take a while to go through.

I haven't lost anything in 2 weeks. Still sitting solid at the same weight. Not complaining though since I lost 18+ pounds the previous 3 weeks. If it all averages out to 2 lbs per week, I can easily live with that.

Now to read through this thread...boy y'all have been busy!

I agree with the Greek Yogurt comments and this is from someone who loves Feta cheese. Give me Dannon any day.

Good morning, y'all!

Elfie, I'm glad you're back--and were off conquering cobwebs rather than something ominous! I need to harness some energy to do the same---we've got three parties in the coming month and a half or so, which is usually good impetus to do some serious cleaning.

Christie--prayers for James. My daughter Abby's lobster (the boy she will love forever, no matter what) is heading to Afghanistan soon, and she is heartbroken. James will be in our prayers, along with Josh.

Bob, your dogs are gorgeous. What are their names? I bet they love their new pool. (Yes, I said their.)

Yes, I am on BP meds--went on low-dose lisinopril shortly before surgery, and don't think I need it any longer. I have to see my PCP...

Denise, I LOVE Butters! What a cutie. He looks like he has a spirit similar to my doofus's. He is significantly more restrained around ice cream than Truman is, though.

truman003.jpg

Liz, I think it might be, in some ways, just easier to be out of the closet as a bandster. I don't freely volunteer the information to everyone I encounter, but do find myself telling more and more people. I thought it would be harder, but it's not.

Leigha--a bike! FUN! My sister--who is in your neck of the woods--loves hers. I find them terrifying. Today's transplant surgeon day. I have had to lecture Mark about being too stoic. Today's the day to be a wuss, to whine, to do whatever it takes to convey the message that it's time to take some action. I am numb rather than scared/nervous today...sort of inured to the process. It's been a long road, and I'm just not feeling very optimistic that it will end soon for us. (Of course, there is a silver lining to that: "not ending" means that life goes on...)

Anyway...I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

PS--My cats were pissed I posted Truman's pic without showing them. This is Chloe (sorry about the size, I resized it to "tiny", but the code for posting isn't changing...):

chloe2.jpg

And this is Phineas, who thinks he is a dog:

Phineas-1.jpg

Edited by BetsyB

Good morning all.

My pets are named after restaurants. My male dog is B-Dubs (nickname of Buffalo Wild Wings); my bitch (I love saying that is the correct context even) is Seven (short for 7 Salsas, a great Mexican restaurant here in North Texas) and my cat is Twin Peaks.

B-Dubs is 14 months old and weighed in at 165 pounds a month ago. He's still got about 100 pounds to go. One of my goals is to weigh less than him.

Seven is 26 months old. Somebody paid a lot of money for her and I got her for free because she grew too big for them. She's been holding steady at 140 pounds for 6 months or so.

The dogs don't eat much at all. About a half gallon bucket of Purina One dry food between them a day. They sleep the majority of the day. They are like gigantic stuffed animals and just as vicious.

I am still contemplating putting the cat down because she puked all over my keyboards Saturday night. She pukes at least 3 times a week on everything. It's not an accident when she sits there forcing it up, making nasty noises for a couple of minutes.

Elfie, I was actually worried about you. No more disappearing without permission young lady!!

Betsy, you posted the same picture twice. Is your cat a schizophrenic? :biggrin:

I love the pet pictures but the names and origins are even better.

Elfie, I was actually worried about you. No more disappearing without permission young lady!!

Yes sir. :biggrin:

I am going to post my dogs separate my favorite picture of Jace, is on this computer but my favorite of Rufus is on my laptop, anyway here is Jace our white lab, he is an actual duck hunting dog. He loves hunting just as much as my husband and his son does.

post-281008-13813139180813_thumb.jpg

Edited by LeighaMason
spelling

Bob, try some hairball remedy. When I had my cat it worked very well. I got some that was like a tube of toothpaste. They lick it up right out of the tube.