Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

Ohhh... I had to do broth and clear liquid for the first 5 days, then moved on to full liquid including the shakes and Thinned strained cream Soups, yogurt, Which I hate and bypassed... In fact after hearing so much about Greek yogurt, I just got some this week and tried it.... GAAAROSSSSS!!! Very chalky tasting... And it was supposed to be blueberry but I didn't taste any hint of blue berry... I'll go with cottage cheese instead....... After 5 days of that... HEAVEN... Mushies.... LOL.....

Must agree Greek yogurt is the nastiest of the nasty! I bought TONS of it pre-op (and that stuff is expensive) and 2 days post op bit into a big spoonful....BLEH. I can tolerate the honey (don't particularly like it but eat it once or twice a week at work if I start feeling "snacky") but have boycotted the rest. Yoplait all the way baby!!!!!!!!

Bob, glad you're feeling better. Day 3 I felt great and went shopping, it kicked my ass. Had to sit down and rest in the middle of the store (luckily it was a furniture store so I just looked like I was testing things out), weak, shaky, lovely feeling, then made it home and slept for 3 hours...apparently I wasn't as ready to go back out into the big bad world as I thought I was. Take it easy!

Hummingbird, Where you live is God's country. Really enjoyed the pictures. Thanks.

Okay, this is weird. I can eat a white, baked chicken breast no problem. Slow but sure. Yet, on soft, white fish I get stuck. Every time! I thought it was supposed to be easy to eat fish. I'm not over cooking it and it's moist. Maybe I'm taking to big a bite each time. Maybe, I was less careful. But it's happened twice now. Making me fear fish a bit...lol

I don't even try white meat chicken any more.

The last thing I got stuck on was fish. It was too funny (well, not really)...hubby and I were eating and I am telling him how I read here that so many people get stuck on fish, I can't see how, it is so nice and soft..yada yada...

Then I get that far away look.....he says, "so, you know now how they get stuck on it, huh?"

"'scuse me, I'll be right back...." Run off to the ladies room, urp it up, back to the table, "yes, Honey, now I know how people get stuck on fish."

Anyone seen Betsy today? I hope all is OK with Mark!

Theres a girl at work who gave up food for Lent and she just drinks this Gross looking high calorie concoction of Water, maple Syrup, lemon juice and chili pepper.... She said she drinks about 2 gallons a day and it's about 2000 calories... I was like, why would you give up nutritious food for that??? I guess lent is for giving up something you totally love.... So thats why.... Plus, she "allows" herself one bite of this and that all day, so at lunch break she will go by all our co workers tables and take a bite of everyones lunches.... Haha... Crazy...

Ok, smarta$$ is me coming out, but what would God say to her breaking her Lenten promise of no food, and also breaking the "Thow Shall Not Steal" thing!

Sheesh. :smile2:

Good morning everybody. OK I did it, I am at work. I am not liking it but I am here. Luckily I get off at 2 today, so I can go do something fun later. Lazy, Lazy, Lazy.

I can't stand greek yogurt either! The stuff is just gross! I tried mixing in SF preserves and it was still gross. Then it went to the round file.

OK now y'all are giving me a complex, I bought Greek yogurt last weekend and I love it, creamy, fruity, filling. Maybe I have just lost my mind? My taste buds have defected?

To be honest, I am sick of hearing about greek yogurt here. I'm glad you said how nasty it is. I was thinking I was the only one that thought it was rancid. Regular old Dannon or Yoplait are so much better.

I love cottage cheese but have to wait another week for that. By that time I will be putting all kinds of crap in the Cuisine Art and creating mushy masterpieces.

Mushy Masterpiece...a new definition of M & Ms....yum!

Well it's Saturday here in SoCal. Gonna rain. I love the story of the gal who gave up food for Lent. That's hysterical. That's why I don't give anything up. You just end up breaking your promise and that makes you feel bad.

Greek Yogart...the best!!! Love, love, love it! Fage is the best with a little honey sprinkled over it. That's my snack. Oh my!

Cocoa, That's exactly what happened to me...too funny...lol

Has anyone heard from Elfie? She hasn't been around lately. Just wondering.

Have a good day everyone!!

Ok, call me a thread hoggie!

BUT!!!!!

Thanks to my poochy, Butters, I am down a pound!!!! Ok, he gets the assist, I get the credit!

I am at an all-time post-op low!! 4 more pounds to a normal BMI! I can't even remember the last time I had a normal BMI. I suppose it was as I shot through it on the way up. :smile2:

I just updated my ticker. I also took the upper end up to my all time high--since I include that number in my weight loss when people ask about it.

Denise, I am so happy for you. Congratulations.

Ok, call me a thread hoggie!

BUT!!!!!

Thanks to my poochy, Butters, I am down a pound!!!! Ok, he gets the assist, I get the credit!

I am at an all-time post-op low!! 4 more pounds to a normal BMI! I can't even remember the last time I had a normal BMI. I suppose it was as I shot through it on the way up. :smile2:

I just updated my ticker. I also took the upper end up to my all time high--since I include that number in my weight loss when people ask about it.

What a wonderful feeling!!! Congrats!!! You give me hope!

Well it's Saturday here in SoCal. Gonna rain. I love the story of the gal who gave up food for Lent. That's hysterical. That's why I don't give anything up. You just end up breaking your promise and that makes you feel bad.

Hey! I didn't even notice you were in CA. I am in San Diego, you anywhere near here?

Hey! I didn't even notice you were in CA. I am in San Diego, you anywhere near here?

I live in Costa Mesa, south Orange County. Very cool we're so close!!!

Cocoabean! You are so close to goal! I am so happy for you! It sounds like your dog is good for you. I am petless the last 4 years and kinda enjoy it. We had every kind of pet over the years, but it's nice to take a little break from it.