Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

Facebook people...

I am so sorry if I inadvertently deleted you, but I was a bit overzealous in removing 'friends' when I quit playing Mafia Wars. I had over 1300 people I had to remove and may have removed some of you.

If I did and you want to re-friend me, you can find me either with my FB name - Melody Parker Upham - or my e-mail: melody@dmci.net

FACEBOOK people...

I am so sorry if I inadvertently deleted you, but I was a bit overzealous in removing 'friends' when I quit playing Mafia Wars. I had over 1300 people I had to remove and may have removed some of you.

If I did and you want to re-friend me, you can find me either with my FB name - Melody Parker Upham - or my e-mail: melody@dmci.net

1,300? I'd say you were a tad overzealous in recruiting.

Come back to Farmville. You don't need so many strangers there :rolleyes:

Bob-are you still on that darn farm? lol Luv the ticket by the way :(

Melody-glad to hear you got a slight unfill. If it were me I would prob stay at 6 until after Disney too. It always stinks to get stuck in public.

I'm getting ready to go up to Lake Erie for the weekend. Sunday is my b-day so we are going up and hitting the wineries! So much for a low-cal weekend :blush:. Maybe if I go on a "liquid" diet like Bob did, I'll still lose some :frown:. Have a great weekend everyone :thumbup::biggrin::smile2::biggrin:

Last night my husband sat down next to me on the couch. He said, "you are all bony."

Um, I think that's a compliment right ? Um, Thank You.

Last night my husband sat down next to me on the couch. He said, "you are all bony."

I'd take it as a complement.

Melody

Haven't been here in a while. It's a compliment, but...when my husband said the same thing, over time I learned that:

1) it was a compliment

2) he needed time to adjust; he called me his amazing shrinking wife; he said it was like having a new wife every few weeks...

Hi to everyone else on this thread. It's great to read up on how eveyone is doing!

So with my unfill taking me to 6cc's in my 12cc Realize band, I'm now able to eat anything I want and I don't feel any restriction. I'm ok with that though because I've come to terms with the fact that, at least for me, the band's job will not be to help me lose weight so much as it will keep me from going completely overboard and pigging out the way I did pre-band.

Instead of fish for dinner last night, I realized I had a pack of wings in the fridge that had to be cooked. So I did buffalo wings for dinner. Yeah...I was so knocked out that I could even eat them that I over did it. I think I ate 7 or 8 wings. I don't feel too bad though because I managed to keep my carbs for the day below 30gm and prior to the wings my calories were only sitting at about 700.

Oh and Bob...I'm not coming back to Farmville. It wasn't until a week after I gave up Mafia that I realized the stupid game had been stressing me out.

Well, it's a very cool morning here. I actually had to close the windows, turn off the fans and put on long pants! So I think I'll clean house and then if I still have the energy will whip up a baby quilt for one of my husband's co-workers.

Have a good one y'all!

Melody

Coming from the guy who didn't say anything for 80 pounds (Was it 80?) I think it was a compliment.

Yes, it was 91 lbs. before he said anything at all. I'm taking anything said as a compliment!

I have a spot on my butt that is now "bony" and hurts when I sit for long, I'm constantly shifting around.....is this what it's like for "normal people"?? I still have padding every where else. How can I possibly have a bony spot in the one and only spot I need a cushion????

Three days 'til fill!! Woohoo (and yet petrified at the same time!) I've been in Memphis for the last day and a half. It was a blast and we walked until we almost died so good exercise (in the 100+ degree swelteringly humid weather). But we also ate, and ate, and ate....Sooo...I'm not weighing until Monday and then only so I'll be prepared for the docs office on Tuesday so I don't break down and sob if it's not decent.

Have a lovely weekend and GO TEAM BAND!!!! Rah rah rah! (hey, so Bob didn't end up requiring cheerleaders but I'm determined to get it out somewhere)

Its official, I have lost my mind.

I do things to make extra money and I consider these things "found" money that can be spent (or wasted) anyway I want. I sell insurance, I am a car buying consultant, etc to make this extra money. Well yesterday I had a garage sale of stuff that has been left in my rent houses and made $265. So my husband suggested we could go stay in Dallas at a hotel and eat out and the first thing that came to my mind was "I cant I have to work out in the morning!" and second was "I could spend that money on new clothes instead of a hotel room"

Did they band my brain? Oh well, workout complete, off to Dallas for some new clothes.

Its official, I have lost my mind.

I do things to make extra money and I consider these things "found" money that can be spent (or wasted) anyway I want. I sell insurance, I am a car buying consultant, etc to make this extra money. Well yesterday I had a garage sale of stuff that has been left in my rent houses and made $265. So my husband suggested we could go stay in Dallas at a hotel and eat out and the first thing that came to my mind was "I cant I have to work out in the morning!" and second was "I could spend that money on new clothes instead of a hotel room"

Did they band my brain? Oh well, workout complete, off to Dallas for some new clothes.

Go to Shreveport; triple your money and do all of the above.

Hey, all! I'm SORELY behind on reading this thread, so I apologize for not knowing what's up in y'all's lives. My life is a bit more relaxing as of today, as my work schedule lightens a bit in August. I'm in "Ahhh!" mode. I had my 5th fill last Thursday (just a half-cc), to put me at 6.5 ccs in a 10 cc band. My doc was a bit hesitant to give me a fill, because he said I'm doing just fine at 6 months out with just about 50% of my EBW gone, but I told him I felt like I needed some oomph, with my last fill being 10 weeks ago, and some plateaus in that time.

Some fat pics were shared by my cousin, and WOW! Do I feel glad to be at 158 and not 197 anymore! OMDog, it's really an eye opener to think back how it felt all those pounds ago. I think I had a gradual awakening to how big I was, and it's nice to see myself spiraling in the opposite direction.

One interesting thing my doctor said is that he believes the band settles differently on the stomachs of SILS patients, and that he sees a better loss-rate with us. Is anyone else here a SILS (Single-Incision Laparoscopic Surgery) patient? Would be interesting to see if it's a trend elsewhere. [Disclaimer: I do NOT think I have a fantastic rate of loss. I just think I have a steady rate of loss. I know there are others here who have lost weight SO much quicker. For me, I just feel more comfortable with my rate. I'm a slow-and-steady, sneak-up-on-the-sweet-spot kinda girl.)

AHHH!!!! Back for a refill tomorrow...and nervous as all get out. I say I'll stay on liquids for, oh 12 months or so but we'll see :thumbup:

Jacki-as long as you are happy with your progress nothing else matters right? Congrats on your success so far!

Christie-Congrats and fingers crossed for you! I noticed just this weekend that it is much more uncomfortable to sit now. Hmmm guess I'll take it over the cushioned bottom (although it's kinda flat now...still wide, just flat...it has deflated)

Jackie-I have 2 incisions, but also healed very quickly. You are doing great!

Melody-good to hear that your unfill has helped, but yet you still have at least a little restriction. Maybe you are just one of those people that needs to get like .1 or .2 at each fill. Good luck to you!

HB-compliment...he noticed something, and if he's anything like my husband that is a compliment.