Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded, banding, bands--verb--To assemble or unite in a group

And Leigha, I'm with the "get a small fill" group...wouldn't go for much but I'd definitely be going after the free fill. Good luck!

Good Morning and Happy Saturday to everyone! I have been busy reading all of your posts and am now building a farm in Farmville...yes, Bob got me addicted...lol. I have lost the five pounds I gained on my road trip and am sticking to my diet. I go to the doctor on Monday and am, like Leigha, debating on getting a fill. I can eat small amounts and am losing weight. The hunger seems to be under control at this point in time. So, I don't know what to do. I guess I'll let the doctor decide.

Denise, I'm glad you're feeling better. I have been praying for you.

Betsy, How is Mark? Also, praying for you and him.

Stacie, I suffer from anxiety and depression also. Can relate to this big time!!!

Leigha, I would listen to your body. If you think you need the fill get it. If not, don't. Don't let the money be an issue...just my opinion.

It's absolutely beautiful outside today so I'm going to read on my back porch and enjoy my flowers. Take care and have a great weekend everyone!! Love, Dottie

Edited by illuminationlady

Hi Everyone!

I am up and dressed today, woohoo!

Christie, best wishes to your brother for his safe return!

Dottie, thank you for your prayers, I appreciate it.

My pressure actually went OVER 100 today on the upper number 102/67...before going back down to 84/57...blah.

Oh well, I got out of the house with DH for lunch. Nice!

I plan to finish off a baby sweater I am crocheting for my neighbor and then start choosing something to make for my grand-nephew! We just found out it's a boy!!

post-223146-13813139252777_thumb.jpg

Well now, overate (not too badly) yesterday- out for Breakfast with friends, and then birthday dinner at step-daughter's. But did walk our usual 2 miles.

Lordy, I can't wait until I'm not hungry!!! From what I gather, though, it will be awhile for me because of still no surgery date, and then the likelihood of bandster hell after surgery. I keep telling myself that the more I lose now, the less I will have to do later- I've already done more than 10%! Thanks for all the encouragement and info here- it's already making my journey easier because I know what to expect.

Julian'smom, is your scale moving yet? I like this thread because we can whine. It's impossible to keep a positive attitude all the time, and the going gets hard sometimes.

Christie, Like I said, I think whining is good for the soul sometimes- all things in moderation.

Denise, I hope you're feeling better! I always joke that the best part of being sick is losing weight. Congrats on your new grandnephew!

Leigha, what have you decided re: your free fill?

Stacie, have you had a day of R & R yet?

Bobbie, How are you doing?

Dottie, I bet lots or most of us have struggled or struggle with anxiety and depression. Insurance companies should have it as a co-morbidity. The trick is to not let feelings run the show. Have them, and do what we need to do anyway-simple, but not easy.

Anyhow, it's a pretty day here, and it's walk time.

Good morning Anne! You are doing GREAT!! 10% gone already? Wow. That makes such a big difference to your health. Keep up the walking habit, way to go!

You can add me to the list of overeaters yesterday. My GI tract was finally tolerating food! I will not say what I ate, but suffice it to say, my surgeon and PCP would not approve :) It was junk, and it was yummy.

The last 5-6 lbs I've lost have been to illness. I'll take it, but it sure isn't the best way to do it!

Have a great day, everyone!!

Denise--6 pounds to go! Your going to be the first in our group to reach goal! I am so excited for you.

Anne--Don't put too much stress on yourself, just work on good habits, the rest will follow.

I guess I am going to get a small fill, its done under floro so I don't think she will get me too tight, I think the too tight episode that I had was my fault, Rob pointed out to me afterward that I didn't ease back into food after that fill, that I started eating regular food the next day, so once again operator error.

Well it is raining this morning so I am using that as an excuse to lay around in my robe and do nothing. :)

I found a new fat pic yesterday, it was taken at a training class, I would have never let my family take a picture of me at this size, but I didn't want to make a scene, so here it is.

post-8865-1381380968111_thumb.jpg

Have a good day everyone!

post-281008-13813139253489_thumb.jpg

Wow, Leigha. How far you've come. I am so happy about finding fat pics now LOL

Anne--WTG on losing another pound! You are doing fantastic!!! The scale is still not moving for me. I've been stuck at 170 for 2 weeks. (Hopefully) getting a fill on Thursday, so maybe that will kick start something.

Denise-Congrats on your grandnephew! Hope you're feeling better! I can't believe how close you are to goal! Amazing!!!!!

HB-- I am still laughing right now about the "hammered shit" analogy for your ex! LOL!!!!!!!!

Leigha, my money's on you to make it to goal first. I am not working at it much, I just keep getting sick :)

Karen, you are due for a big loss! That's the way it went for me. Weeks without anything, then all of a sudden, 3 lbs gone! I hope the fill kick starts it for you!

I got the neighbor's baby sweater done last night, so cute! Found out she is having a boy, also. Is anyone having girls these days?

Ok, back to looking for patterns for the grand-nephew!

So, I've not had a change in the scale since March 26th. Grr. I have my third fill on Thursday, so I'm hoping to see a change SOON. In times of struggle, I have to reach down/reach out to find something GOOD somewhere. So...

NSV! Yesterday I ran my second 5K, and I beat my previous time. I felt so strong and powerful! My new record is 43:05, and I am so thrilled.

83564-albums5648-picture34574.jpg

I'm planning on a 5K every month to keep myself motivated and training. My next is May 8th. Three weeks!

I also bought a bike yesterday (yay, tax refund!) so that I can commute to work (4 miles each way). My running buddy talked me into a 64.6 mile Bike-A-Thon in July also. Egads! Getting busy training NOW! :)

Jacki, That is so cool. I wish I were as motivated as you are! Congratulations. :)

Trying to catch up with y'all!

Leigha, glad you're getting the free fill! Will they unfill for free too, just in case? Like a hairdresser's client, go back right away and they fix? Heh. Oh, and your fat pic -- don't you love it! I love when people say I look like a different person, because I cringed at that person in the past, so I will take the compliment!

Karen, hey -- I hear my voice in your post. I'm not as far along as you, but I'm tired of the stall! Fill on Thursday -- huzzah!

Bobbie, how ya hangin' in?

Anne, it's so good that you're getting used to waiting! ARRRGH, waiting is like the name of the game for me right now. I'm sick of seeing the same number on the scale.< /p>

Denise, go you with the splurge! We need that once in a while. I hope things clear up with the BP issues.

I am still giggling about the "hammered shit" comment. That's just awesome.

Here's a pic I forgot to include in the last post. Me and my running buddy. We've done both 5Ks together, and plan to keep going! :)

83564-albums5211-picture34576.jpg

OMG Jacki ! That is great! I'm not sure I could even WALK a 5K at this point. You go!

Well done, Jacki! Way more calories burned than my sitting here on my bootie crocheting!

But, I found this froggy hat pattern:

ctfeb0788.jpg

Am making it in bright green with an afghan to match. Plus a sweater with froggy buttons.

Fun fun!!!

:)

OMG Denise ! Thats the cutest thing EVER !!!! lol

Thank you for checking in with me ... I'm doing ok. The depression hit friday again, and it bites. Especially when you have no control over it!

I still havent lost any weight , and thats getting me way down also. Its been 3 months. I know i'm not eating the right foods at this time, or at teh right times. Just picking, and snacking mostly. But not anything in huge amounts. Ans I am eating Protein items for more than 50% of it. Just not sure how many calories , fat, etc... a day Ive been geting. Why is is always easier to track my foods at work, but i cant do it at home to save my soul ?? And I have many different items to USE for tracking... <heavy sigh> I'm so glad to see everyone up and around, feeling better, and losing weight!!!! We ROCK !!!!!!

Happy Sunday all. I am dreading going to work for like the next 3 weeks :unsure:. New program starts tomorrow and coworker is on vacation the next week leaving me alone and then another new program the week after that! But on the bright side 4 weeks from now OBX here I come!! I won't be at my original goal of under 200lbs though :confused:. I still have about 15 to go for that. My husband was out of town all last week making it easier to go to the gym for hours on end though. Stinks he came back with a bad cold though so we really couldn't enjoy the weekend together. Now I better not get it!

Denise-the frog is too cute! Glad you are feeling a little better too and got to have a nice outing with DH.

Bobbie-I'm still thinking about you. Hopefully this week will be a better week and some awesome job opportunity will open up and it will be so much better than your last job.

Jacki-that is awesome about the 5k's. I want that to be me someday...but gonna wait till I see my doc on Thursday before I start anything.

Christie-I am sure that God is watching out for your brother.

HB-Still laughing about the EX comment!! :lol:

Dottie-Congrats on losing the 5lbs!! :thumbup: If I remember correctly we were banded on the same day.:)

So yes I go see my doc on Thursday and can't wait to tell him that I am going crazy and give me drugs lol. I also took some genetic tests to see if I also have MTHFR and Hemochromatosis (sp?). My gram and an aunt and an uncle have both and my dad just tested + for both of the genes. I also go Friday to my surgeon. Hoping for a SMALL fill. I really don't think I could handle a whole 1cc this time. Who knows I could be wrong. Oh and Karen...you need to start sharing some of these crock pot recipes of yours!! and Leigha-congrats on so close to goal!! Betsy thinking of you always and Bob...well Bob is still lost on his farm :laugh:.