Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 days into the Pre - Op diet

this is my 3rd day on the Optifast shakes and my surgery is on 3/11. i never EVER thought that it was going to be this hard. i never thought that i was addicted to food untill i couldnt have it. the first day was hell for me and all i want is something salty. my family is supportive but still they need to eat and i have great friends at work who are helping as well. im going to make it through this and cant wait for my surgery but i just want this phase to get easier bc sometimes i feel as though i cant do this. :eek:

im nervous about after the diet and the liquid diet that i have to be on. im nervouse about the surgery period. i think i might start writing a blog that way i dont have to complain to my friends and family all the time.

i just want this SOOOO bad.

13 days untill surgery

I had to trick myself into doing it. I would say..."I don't know what I will do tomorrow but I know that I can hold out and only drink the shakes today. I can do anything for 1 day." Then I would tell myself.."OK I did it yesterday if I give in today then my suffering yesterday would be a waste. Maybe tomorrow I will give in" etc until the time is gone. I also used "If I am good for the next (fill in the blank) days then I have a real chance to be thin again." I told myself anything that would help me even if it wasn't true! Good luck, I hope everything goes well for you. Leigha

I think I will be in your shoes soon...I start my diet on Monday, March 1st and my surgery date is March 12th! We can do it, girl!! I'm tired, so tired of being obese, I love that my husband loves me for whom I am but I'm not happy with myself. Good Luck! Pray for strength, you can do it!!

Actually, right as I hit the "post reply" button I remembered, I think my dr. requires overnight stay. I probably wont be able to post in time, sorry.

thank you everyone for the support!! you dont know how much it means to me. i have support at home but i dont want to complain to my family bc then all i will hear is honey you know that you have to do it and its your decision. right now that isnt what i need to hear. they mean well but its just hard bc i have a big family which means big family dinners EVERYDAY. my husband eats all he wants to never gains an ounce bc his metabolism is soooo high. and he loves me the way i am but im not happy with the way i am. if you want to follow my sotry further i am going to start a blog here....i think it will help

heres to day 4 and many more to come....:cursing:

I felt the same way , i thought that was the hardest thing , what kept me going was picturing myself how i would look in Summer...

"food never taste as good as Thin feels "

It does get a little easyer after 1 week because you will be getting kinda used to it ..... i was banded Feb 25th and lost 18lbs in 2 weeks Pre Op

wish you Luck ...YOU CAN DO IT !!!!!!!!!!

I have been doing nothing but Optifast shakes for 20 days now and have not been hungry at all.

I refuse to think of hunger or what I am not eating. I am focused solely on the end result and it is working.

It helps that Optifast is delicious!

It will get easier, just keep your eye on the prize!

Countrychic, If your husband loves you the way you are now(what I mean by now is not as happy as you can and will be)imagine how much hes going to love you when you are happy and confident with yourself. It will only get better. And youll be around longer for him to love longer.

Btrieger, Im impressed, I dont think I could lose 95# without help. In fact Ill be happy to lose that much with the band. Great job

I totally understand how you feel! I am scheduled for surgery 3/11 as well but I have to do 3 weeks of Optifast :wink2: it is a plus that they taste really good. But I have had moments of needing something salty and needing to chew something. The upside is I have lost 11 pounds which means its working and worth the pain! I hope your surgery goes well and remember what someone else said above we can do anything for one day and lets tell ourselves this every day :laugh:

It's hard to be strong...I tell myself everyday

"I love food but food does not love me".. I have divorced food. Food is now fuel and sustenance. That's all.

I had 2 weeks liquids pre-op and it's been 1 month post-op yesterday and down 23 pounds..and no fill yet!

Be strong..it's worth it

Btrieger, Im impressed, I dont think I could lose 95# without help. In fact Ill be happy to lose that much with the band. Great job

Thanks but don't be impressed until I can actually keep it off.

I'm sure that you and everyone else reading this could lose the weight if they put their mind to it. Unfortunately, if you are like me, you run out of steam or lose your train of thought without noticing and gain it back.

This is going to be my third time losing over 100 pounds and the previous 2 times I gained it back even faster than I lost it with interest. That is so much more depressing than never having lost it at all.

Hopefully if the band doesn't prevent me from gaining it all back, it will at least slow down my weight gain enough so I have time to notice and I can turn things around before gaining it all back.

I start my liquid diet on March 10. I'm very anxious about it. I'm going to need all the help I can get. My husband is very supportive but I know it will still be hard. I wish I could just go to sleep and wake up after it's over. lol

Good luck to you. You can do this.

:tt2:ok people i have been on the Optifast diet for 5 going on six days now and its gotten easier. thank you everyone for the support and love. i mean its still a challenge every day but the closer the surgery gets the more determined i become to finish this. and guess what? i figured out the ticker!!