Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cinco de mayo challenge 2010

Welcome to the newbie bandies!! You won't regret it.

Banded where are you going in NY? May is a great month to be there. May is when the bike ride is, 32k riders, going through all five boroughs and bridges, plus there's the Walk for Cancer which who knows how many walkers there are for that, but the weather usually is pretty good, although last year was sucky...rained a lot. But just think all the walking you'll do will be great exercise. I don't live in the city anymore but my daughter still does, who is also a bandie (she was my guinea pig, did hers first).

Good luck to all.

Trisha

P.S. Pulling off my snow boots now to go get on the exercise bike...part of my challenge is to ride the stationary bike every day until the weather is clear enough to ride the road bike...

Pennreporter, you will look awesome in your bathing suit for the cruise. All the other ladies will be jealous, and the men will have oogle eyes! Good luck to all of us. Right before summer is cool. My May is starting with a cross country trip from Fl to Az, and my 1st ever trip to the Grand Canyon.

Kll, I don't know about the bathing suit thing. At my age, I don't really care about all that...it will be just nice to not have to go through the anguish of looking for 1X or 2X bathing suits :biggrin:

I've done the cross country trip from Vegas to Pennsylvania. As much as I love traveling by car, that one was not pleasant...in a Honda, pulling a trailer with three dogs who were car sick at some point or another during the adventure. Surprised I didn't burn the transmission up in the car. The Grand Canyon is great. I've been a few times...it's hot hot hot though if you hit it in the right month.

What fill are you at Kll? It took 3 for me, but then I was too tight, but I stayed at 7ccs for five months. As it turned out it was actually 8cc...can't imagine why it was tight...lol. So had 1cc taken out last week. That was too much and went back and had .5 put back in. This one may do it for a while, but when you get more fill in there you really won't get hungry, or hopefully you won't. I still get head hunger but not stomach hunger. I would do it again in a heartbeat...my only downside is my insurance/surgeon is very inexperienced, so it's been kind of a learning process for us both. But he's a sweetheart and I trust him, he just hasn't done many bands and believes more in the bypass...hopefully I will change his opinion :thumbup::)

Your cross country trip will be great from the direction you're heading. I've done Dallas to NYC twice and it's a beautiful drive. Tennessee is great, just wished I'd had enough time to go to the Smoky Mountains.

Good luck

Trisha

Thanks, for support about the trip. My husband and I are taking 3 days/nights out to Az, staying for about 7-10 days. Then a train ride to Grand Canyon. From there we are heading to my hometown in ND. Then seeing my Dad at rest home in Minn. Then heading home to Florida. We plan on traveling about 1 month.

I am going to have fill 2 tomorrow. I have 3.5 cc right now. Actually, dr was surprised I did so well on 3.5. I think I will gt another 1.5, that's what he gave my daughter last week. She has been a real slow loser. I think she has lost a total of 10 lbs in 3 months. She really needs to be on the challenge. BUt, I guess she isn't interested. Oh well, her loss(no pun intended)!:biggrin:

wow, KLL, that's a helluva trip. I wish I could afford to take the time off for that but being single and having used up retirement to take care of my crazy parents before they passed, I will end up being the greeter at Wal-Mart and working till I drop...lol.

My daughter has been banded also but she did hers a year before me. So I knew what I was getting into. But I find it incredibly interesting at how every person is different and how differently we all react to fills and fill levels. I had no restriction at 5cc (Realize band is 11ccs). And mistakenly was taken up to 8cc where I did nothing but have issues. I'm hoping this level, 7.5 is a keeper. Today is my first full meal since the fill yesterday. So we'll see...as long as it makes me feel full, I can live with that. I don't miss the bread, rice and steak.

Good luck and maybe your daughter will change her mind...but it's still early and ten pounds lost is ten pounds she didn't have before.

Trisha

Pennreporter,

Yes, it is one hell of a trip! That is why we are taking our time. I am sure that after the trip, we will have to relax for a year or 2 before we try again:biggrin:. We drove to ND 2 years ago for a wedding, and my sister drove from Az. They are almost exactly the same distance apart.

My daughter has a friend who had surgery 1 1/2 years ago, she went from about 250 and size 24 to 120 and size 6. So, we kind of knew also what was happening. She was a self pay in Mexico. After she had it done, my daughter started researching drs in Fl. Turns out our dr had his done by the same dr in Mexico. He also trained under him. Mexico dr was on Oprah show. Anyway, my daughter had a rough Dec/Jan. Sick husband, sick children and school out. She is finally getting back on track too.

My dr requires 2 days clear liquid after fill, the 2 days full liquid. So, I won't be eating normal until Monday. But, will try Sunday to see what passes. I think 5 cc will be my sweet spot, or I hope.

By the way, I was scared to death to even start this journey, now, I am so happy, and hope that I can make goal. I never did with WW. My only diet plan that I used.

welcome Rayne...are you on your pre-op liquid diet yet, or does your doctor make you do that? Not all do. We'll be saving you a place on the loser's bench. There's usually also a group for people having theirs done in each month. So if you haven't joined one yet, you may look for that. I'm part of June Journey's 2009.

Good luck and welcome!!

Trisha:thumbup:

I am in, also. This is great timing...it's nice to have even more extra motivation after just being banded. :biggrin:

Thank you for welcoming me! Yes I'm on a pre-op liquid diet..I'm happy to be headed toward the losers bench :biggrin: I will search for this months group. Thanks again

Here's the link below... Good luck everyone!!!!

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Am_4vTB_UwtudFkyNEthemRTNlNNb09xRlNsS0V6SHc&hl=en

Edited by kaninag

Kaninag, great link...Lol If they can't see that, they must be almost as blind as I am without contacts..lol

So we're only about ten weeks away from Challenge end...the time will fly and it will be here before we know it. I actually did my stationary bike this monring and did well on journaling. If I don't journal, it's real easy to add calories with some "slider" food (chocolate, pudding) and before I know it I've added 4-500 extra calories.

Good luck to all!!

Trisha

The journaling is a great Idea I need to try that....mmm. HAHA yeah I like to make my links big that way EVERYBODY can see it..lol

I am in i have been fighting the same 1 lb for two weeks now so i think hit a plateau. The doctor did tell me that the last 35lbs will take forever to get off.

Ive been working on my last 30 FOREVER!!! BUT today is day 3 of P90X....OMG it will kick your butt!!!