Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Restriction with slider foods.....

I'm curious - does anyone have restriction with everything or just some things? I seems to have restriction when it comes to eggs, meat, chicken, cheese, bread, etc- but if I really wanted to, I could eat my weight in mashed potatoes, broccoli/cheese Soup, tamale pie - easy stuff to get down without any pain. It's so much easier to get stuff down that doesn't hurt or make me feel uncomfortable. Do you get full from these slider foods?

Can someone give me some ideas of real food to eat, that will fill me up but that won't cause me to uncomfortable? I appreciate that recipe pdf that someone shared, the all-crock-pot recipes. I cook for just me, so at times, I just heat up a lean cuisine and call it dinner. I know I need to eat more real foods, but when you don't like cooking for 1, it sucks.

2 weeks ago, I finally got restriction after my 3rd fill - almost too much restricition, almost went in for an unfill after I vomited everyday for a week. But now I'm no longer vomiting and I am feeling uncomfortably full when I eat meat, eggs, cheese, etc - but still famished when I eat slider foods. Can I stretch my pouch out by eating too much of the sliders? I'm so scared that I'm stretching my pouch by eating too many of the things that don't make me uncomfortable. Does this make sense anyone?

I'm so behind in weight loss - I was banded Oct 1 and until 2 weeks ago, I had only lost 9 lbs :thumbup: - an additional 9 :thumbup:came off this past 2 weeks.I still have 82 lbs to go.......

Marci

It sounds like you are in a good place with your restriction. This is where the "tool" and the "rules" come in. You have to have the willpower to choose the right foods and stay away from high cal. sliders. You have to eat the solid stuff very slow and chew it very well and learn to stop eating before the pain begins.

I choose to keep my band tighter than yours sounds.

I have restriction with foods that others consider sliders.

For example, I can eat a yogurt and stay full for hours.

I simply can not eat most meats, bread, rice, potatoes, tamale pie .......

Marci, I was banded one day before you (9/30). My weight loss has been slow too, maybe 20 lbs or so after surgery. I got restriction on my 3rd fill as well, sounds a lot like yours, sliders go right thru, I may have an issue if I eat to early in the day. I am very tight in the a.m. I try to stick with high Protein boiled eggs in the a.m. after coffee, I can eat them pretty well, just really slowly! lunch I have a grilled chicken salad usually, no dressing, and very little of the lettuce etc. I do eat what little cheese is on there, maybe an ounce. We need a little fat ya know! dinner I have the least restriction, I try to eat a portion of whatever we have, I crockpot a lot too, white chicken chili is one of my favorites, high Protein, low fat, and slowcooker salsa chicken, it has a spicy kick that I like. I can eat just about any sliders I want to, chips, cake, Cookies....

I did notice one day I let myself eat some Doritios, and after more than enough, I did get a little stuck feeling, but just had to walk around, and cough a little, and it went on down.. That was a good thing! At least I know that the band will keep me in check in extreme binge moments!

We have to have will power to some extent still. Thas just how it is! What has worked for me is to really set time aside to eat, sit at the table, turn off the t.v., and focus on your body. I tend to hic-up when I am full, if I have one more bite after that, wham, pain! Pay close attention to your chewing, take baby bites etc. You can do it!

PM me if you want to chat! We are on the same journey, at about the same rate it appears, maybe we can encourage each other!

Jodi:thumbup:

Do you get full from these slider foods?

Yes, I get full from slider foods...but it's the kind of full I got preband. In other words, I'm only full after I've eaten way more than I should have.

Can someone give me some ideas of real food to eat, that will fill me up but that won't cause me to uncomfortable?

I bought some Gorton seasoned fish fillets and I just pop one in the oven when it's just me. It's a simple enough thing to steam some broccoli (just do extra and you can heat it up for another meal) or open up a can of vegies or even have some type of salad for the vegies. A baby yukon gold potato is the perfect size for us and cooks quickly in the oven or microwave or even boiled. Small skillet steaks, thin pork chops...all cook quickly in a pan. My favorite is to take a chicken breast and slice it in half horizontally so it's thin (or buy chicken tenders - a filet of the best part of the breast), brown it up quickly, pour a bit of salsa over it and let it simmer for a few minutes. I find it helps with the dryness of the chicken so it goes down a bit easier.

But now I'm no longer vomiting and I am feeling uncomfortably full when I eat meat, eggs, cheese, etc - but still famished when I eat slider foods. Can I stretch my pouch out by eating too much of the sliders?

No, slider means exactly that. It's sliding through your band and that's why you're 'famished' when you eat them. You need to stay away from them. I find that I need to avoid casseroles because they're slider foods for me. Actually, anything with too much liquid is a slider. For example, I mix a bit of lite mayo with chopped up chicken or tuna and make tuna salad. A little moistens it and makes it taste better. Too much and it becomes a slider food.< /p>

Slider foods are no good to any of us. period. If you think they are Your in your weight gaining cycle. Your not working the band except in the wrong direction. Just my 2 cents. Your only fooling yourself.

Sure I can eat way more of sliders...that's why they're called sliders. You should never feel 'uncomfortably full'...the real trick is to see how little of the solid Protein you need to keep you satisfied between meals...so that means you have to 'test things'....for me that's about 1 cup, up to 1.5C, and at Breakfast I eat .5C as I'm tighter, but it's 20g protein (oatmeal souped up with protein). Eating more than 1.5C you can stretch your pouch and esophagus over time (one meal now and then won't matter).