Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you believe in a god or gods?

Is there a god  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Is there a god

• You bet!
    • Yes, but I don't asssociate with an organized religion
    • There may be, I don't care
    • Nope, nada, no way!

He also tells us that we shouldn't speak about our beliefs loudly to others.

Did you think I was being too loud? Or were you referring to Miss Patty?

Did you think I was being too loud? Or were you referring to Miss Patty?

It doesn't matter who bjean was speaking to, because it's not true. That is not found anywhere in the bible. I believe bjean made that up.

Besides, I'm sure bjean was not speaking about you, for you are very soft spoken and gentle with your words.:(

I believe that there is a God because I have been a witness to his reality in my life. Once I became his child by asking him to show me the way and to save me from my sins, I was changed. Not over night, mind you, but slowly and gradually over a period of time, and through reading his word. I am no longer the same person I was before my conversion. The only thing that Christians have that they can prove to themselves and even to others is their own life changing experience when God made them a part of his family and came to reside within them.

I believe that there is a God because I have been a witness to his reality in my life. Once I became his child by asking him to show me the way and to save me from my sins, I was changed. Not over night, mind you, but slowly and gradually over a period of time, and through reading his word. I am no longer the same person I was before my conversion. The only thing that Christians have that they can prove to themselves and even to others is their own life changing experience when God made them a part of his family and came to reside within them.

What you said could not be more true. Unless you expereince the love and forgiveness and the one on one daily relationship with God it is hard to explain what it is really like. But for me it is never being alone again in my life and knowing that one day I bow down to my Lord and Savior and be totally amazed. How do you live without hope? Knowing that there is a Heaven and a Hell and taking the chance that you could end up in hell. Our God is a merciful loving God but His Word lays out the facts for living HIS way. I that is what He wants His Way.

Nobody can live in this world and not believe in evil. It is everywhere. satan is as real as God is. He knows the name of Jesus as well as I do. If you have a choice how can you not believe? Hard for me to understand. But if you put your faith in God you too will never be alone and one day be with Him.

Edited by 123crod

If you have a choice how can you not believe?

Trust me, it is even harder for some of us to understand how anyone can believe in a god and we are far from hopeless. We live one day at a time and don't get stressed out about whether or not we are going to a good or bad place for eternity.

We take responsibility for our actions and decide for ourselves what is right and what is wrong.

But the best thing is, we sleep in on Sundays without guilt. :(

Yes I do believe in GOD and he sent his son JESUS CHRIST to die for our sins so we will have eternal life with him. CHRIST DIED FOR OUR SINS AND ROSE FROM THE DEAD. If you believe that and trust that then welcome to the family. You are my brother and sister in Christ. Cast you burdens on the Lord and he will give you peace. I know that I owe everything to Jesus and I thank him and praise him everyday.

I still have free-will given by God to make my own decisions.

Just wondering what you think happens when you die. Just death or something else? Also I did not mean to say you are anyone else is hopeless. I deal with depression everyday and I have hope but being a Christian is not always an easy journey. Things happen to us we do not understand.

If I sleep in on Sunday I do not fill guilty, God didn't say you had to be in service every Sunday. It is a day of rest you know.

Just wondering what you think happens when you die. Just death or something else?

I think just that; our bodily functions including thought, stop and our bodies decompose. Hopefully in that order.

If I sleep in on Sunday I do not fill guilty, God didn't say you had to be in service every Sunday. It is a day of rest you know.

Amen! :thumbup:

Trust me, it is even harder for some of us to understand how anyone can believe in a god and we are far from hopeless. We live one day at a time and don't get stressed out about whether or not we are going to a good or bad place for eternity.

We take responsibility for our actions and decide for ourselves what is right and what is wrong.

But the best thing is, we sleep in on Sundays without guilt. :thumbup:

I love that I can sleep in on Sundays without guilt also, AND be in God's family.

There is a difference between belonging in God's family and belonging in organized religion. Organized religion is man trying to reach God someway, somehow through what their authorities deem necessary to reach him.(EX: penance,living righteously,baptism,acts of service, whatever, every church has their thing)

Belonging in God's family is an absence of all that legality and regulations and rules, and it is a personal, individual relationship with God, our Creator and Savior. The word of God is all you need. Not some church building, not some priest or minister, not some laws and rules that man made up for their followers, nothing. Just the word. Jesus, he's the word of God. He gave mankind the bible so we could know him. It is every man's decision, to be made during this lifetime only, whether to accept him or reject him. That's why we are here. To make that decision.

I still have free-will given by God to make my own decisions.

Just wondering what you think happens when you die. Just death or something else? Also I did not mean to say you are anyone else is hopeless. I deal with depression everyday and I have hope but being a Christian is not always an easy journey. Things happen to us we do not understand.

I have learned through the word, that after you die your soul goes directly to God where it will live eternally, if you believe in him and want to be in his family. If you don't want God to be your father, then you will be seperated from him as you desire. The place where he sends all unbelievers is called Hell. This place is not as people would have you believe with fire and brimstone. It is a place where you are seperated from 'love', (God is love) and it will be torturous to your soul because you know that there is a place where you could have been that is full of love and eternal happiness and joy, and you chose to be seperated from that. Hell is the opposite of all that is Heaven. The bible describes heaven and the opposite of it is very hard to take. I will choose heaven for my destination after this life.

Faith is the essence of things unseen, the substance of things hoped for.

I grew up "in church." Hearing that Jesus loved me, but if I didn't repent, do God's will, that I would burn in an eternal lake of fire. I've heard people say the God doesn't give people any more than they can handle. I've also heard that God is a loving father. I don't buy any of it. And the wicked shall cry out for the rocks to fall on them? What kind of a loving god is that?!

I voted yes, there may be, but I don't care. I don't want to serve a deity who, to my mind, is full of contradictions For me, the Bible is not enough proof that there even is a God. Or the

Dead Sea scrolls, or whatever other artifacts may be dug up! So maybe I should have voted no way!

Debbie. .

Faith is the essence of things unseen, the substance of things hoped for.

I grew up "in church." Hearing that Jesus loved me, but if I didn't repent, do God's will, that I would burn in an eternal lake of fire. I've heard people say the God doesn't give people any more than they can handle. I've also heard that God is a loving father. I don't buy any of it. And the wicked shall cry out for the rocks to fall on them? What kind of a loving god is that?!

I voted yes, there may be, but I don't care. I don't want to serve a deity who, to my mind, is full of contradictions For me, the Bible is not enough proof that there even is a God. Or the

Dead Sea scrolls, or whatever other artifacts may be dug up! So maybe I should have voted no way!

Debbie. .

Debbie, A relationship with God is soooo simple, but even man has to complicate that with his "organizing" of it. Religion is simply man trying to reach God through what he believes is "Thee right way". Why do you think the Christian faith has so many different denominations? We just can't get it 'right'. This one feels you shouldn't wear pants, and that one feels that once you're saved, you can't lose it, etc. But, the truth is that you don't 'need' to follow all those rules and regulations to know your Creator. We can't follow the rules anyway. He said so. Thus, the reason for Jesus. Think about all the other religions that are out there. Only the Christians can claim that their God has given His life for His children. Now that's love! Did Buddah die for me? No. You say you grew up in church. I brought my children up in church also. I had 10. A couple of them believe as you do, they're not sure if God exists or not. Sometimes man tries to do what he thinks is best and teachers will tell you things that can be confusing. My only answer to it all is to not rely on what any man says about God, but to read it for yourself and ask God to reveal himself to you. Try to erase all that you have been taught and start from the beginning of God's word, the bible. If what you have been taught lines up with what God says, keep it, and if it doesn't, toss it. When you read the bible, pray first, and ask God to speak to you through his words and help you to understand. It is a fascinating book. In it, He says that those who seek him shall find him.

I do believe, but I do not push my beliefs on other people. I do not insist they must believe.

I think going to church during my childhood was a very good thing in so many ways. I think the christians in my family and in my life have been very good for me.

That being said, I think it is wrong to be too forceful with religion on others.