Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bought a pair of Sketchers Shape-ups tonight and cant wait to start wearing them tommorrow! Have some friends that have them and they LOVE them!! They are SO comfortable, even tryin them on. Anybody else have any or have any good or bad experiances? I hope to tighten those thighs and gluts before summer.... :thumbup:

i wish you the best with them. I bought a pair of them about 2 years ago and gave them away. That was 150 dollars down the drain. Personally myself, I think it is a waste of money. Something new to try. Walking for me does the same.However, I know lots of people that have them, and they aren't sure whether they can tell the difference or not...some have had achilles issues with them. However, good luck and keep us posted.....

I would also be interested in finding out other people's opinions on these shoes. I've been thinking of buying some for the fitness reasons but to be honest also because I'm only 5'1" tall and I think I'd look taller! Anyway, let us know how they work out for you! :thumbup:

I bought a pair before I had my Knee surgery on Dec. 16th and practiced walking in them for a week. Post op on my reconstructive knee surgery I was able to use them immediately and I LOVE THEM! I can absolutely feel a difference. My leg hurts when I walk without them... They really make a difference... Plus I am 5 ft 3 and my Boyfriend is 6 ft 2 so I like the additional height... I'm going to buy a second pair in a different color... And yes, my Calves look better too!

I have them.

Pros - I'm taller in them! They are super comfortable. I stand strighter so my posture is better.

Cons - I don't think they will really make me look better.

Overall, I still love them!

I tried some on in a store back in December. It's like walking on rubber. I didn't like the feeling. Also, I figure I could put $100 into a gym membership instead of shoes...

My daughter works at an athletic shoe store, and said to me that there are a couple of her customers that have purchased them and LOVE them. One lady bought one pair, came back a couple of weeks later and bought a couple more pair, and over the last 3 months has bought 10 pair, all different colors and styles.

Since she gets a discount at the store, she is buying a pair for me on Friday, so we will see how I like them. I have heal spurs so I hope they help me.

I don't have the sketchers but I did get a pair of the Curves leg toning sneakers from Avon and I love them.

I don't feel much "toning" but I do feel less of the neuropathy pain that I had prior to wearing them. I also have fibromyalgia and my legs sometimes go numb when I least expect it. I do feel they numb less when I am wearing these. Unfortunately I don't get much exercise due to these two conditions so I can't tell you what they will do if you walk alot in them but I have read reviews from other people on another board I read regularly and those people love them for long walks.

I also bought a pair of "Fit Flops" that use the same technology as the toning sneakers. I did have to sew a piece of elastic on them because I can't wear backless shoes die to the neuropathy. If they don't have a strap they fall off when my legs go numb.

Well I wore my Sketchers to work today and felt like Forrest Gump.. I could have walked ( not run lol) all day! I just wanted to walk, walk, walk!! I have pretty bad OA in my bilateral knees and hips and a bad disc in the L5 S1 area and I had NO hip/ back or knee pain today. I got the gym membership and am more intrested in comfort and being able to walk without pain than anything. if it helps shape too, then awesome! Anyhoo, so far I reccomend them, we will see how it goes.