Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded on 11-13-09 and new here

Hi I am in Middle Georgia. I was banded on Nov 13, 09 and am just now feeling my way around online for a support group. I have lost 30 pounds since pre-op to now. The past week I have been weak in controlling my eating habits. I missed the 1st fill appt on Jan 19, so I am rescheduled for Feb 2nd.

Reding the threads and all the posts I can find about "fills" has eased my mind. It truly is a mental battle all the way or like I prefer to say "I need a set mind". Easier said than done since I am 58 yrs old and set in my ways. :)

I appreciate this online support tool and want to explore more to find the right fit for me. I do not anticipate that to be very difficult. It is easy to like people in the same boat.

Well, speaking of boats I will embark on this journey with yall if you don't mind. Hoping for smooth sailing on our weight loss journey. :)

CMyers

Hi and welcome to lap band talk!

This has indeed been an interesting journey for me, but one I wouldn't trade for anything.

There are lots of knowledgeable people with plenty of encouragement and support to share.

So hang on, and in no time you'll be steering others aboard this boat! :cursing:

Debbie

Thank you for responding to me. I was feeling left out because all the other newbies were getting so many replies. LOL It feels like I am very insecure in feeling my way around.

Hoping you are staying dry in California. It has been raining here. Today we are under a Tornado watch until 6pm. A watch at least is just a statement stating conditions are favorable and I am not too worried. : ). The sun just came out as I was reading your reply.

If you or anyone have a group on here or anywhere I am very interested in making connections on this journey.

Thanks again

CMyers:thumbup:

Welcome CMyers, I was also banded in November (25th), I belong to the November knockouts. It's a great group and please check us out. Good luck on this journey. I've had 2 fills so far, and the first fill I noticed a little restriction the first week. But then I was getting hungry before time to eat again. So I just went a week ago and got my second fill, and can I tell the difference. I was suppose to go this thursday for my third fill, but I'm going to reschedule it.

So welcome and good luck, any questions feel free to ask.;)

I understand the feeling of being left out, and I'm always afraid that I jinx people's threads when no one else responds.

As the previous poster said, there is a listing of monthly bandsters, for people who have had or are having their surgeries the same month. It's a great way to get support.

There are other interest groups, and off topic things as well.

Do you have any special interests? Hobbies? There are also groups for bandsters in each state.

Please keep posting and if I can be of any help I'll be happy to answer any questions, or just chat. Be sure to let us know how things are going with your band. .

Debbie

PS: The sun is out here today, thank goodness. It was out yesterday, too, but we're supposed to get more rain next week. We need it, but there are lots of people who have to deal with mud slides. Maybe we could just skip the rain and ask for Water from other states that can spare it! LOL!

Hello there I will be having surgery probably the end of Feb. I have to train someone to do my job first. I'm excited about the journey but a little scared. Today is my first day joining lapband talk & love it great input & ideas. If anyone has any input,ideas,help about the surgery please pass it on to me.

Thanks for the input

IzzieBell

I should be having my lap band surgery in Feb also. I've had my consult with the surgeon. I have my Psyc consult next week and my dieticianist consult this week. I'm getting so excited. And what makes it even more exciting for me is I won a free lap band drawing at our hospital. They actually drew 5 employees and I was #4. I have wanted this for so long but financially could not afford it. I anxious now to get started. It's going to be a new beginning.

thanks,

Nanalisa

That is great you won it how wonderful. Lets keep it touch I will no today or tomorrow my surgery date. My email is IzzieBell13@woh.rr.com e-mail me. I'm so ready for this also I'm so tired of the diet yo-yo. I'm 49 be 50 in July 5"8 290 pounds. Keep in touck can't talk long I'm at work

Hello CMyers! I'm in Georgia too. . . near Athens, and was banded at Emory Midtown Atlanta on Jan. 12. There's so much info here, so there's no need for me to lose sleep over a question I have...I just come to this site. Sounds like you're doing well with 30 lbs. gone two months post-op. Keep up good work, and please do not say that you're set in your ways (I'm a couple years older than you) and we got the power to do what we want...even make those changes!!!

It's good to discuss things with people in the same boat!! I cannot do this except with my sister and a couple of friends, so the support of this site is really important to me. Please keep posting and let us know how you're doing!

Hi I am in Middle Georgia. I was banded on Nov 13, 09 and am just now feeling my way around online for a support group. I have lost 30 pounds since pre-op to now. The past week I have been weak in controlling my eating habits. I missed the 1st fill appt on Jan 19, so I am rescheduled for Feb 2nd.

Reding the threads and all the posts I can find about "fills" has eased my mind. It truly is a mental battle all the way or like I prefer to say "I need a set mind". Easier said than done since I am 58 yrs old and set in my ways. :)

I appreciate this online support tool and want to explore more to find the right fit for me. I do not anticipate that to be very difficult. It is easy to like people in the same boat.

Well, speaking of boats I will embark on this journey with yall if you don't mind. Hoping for smooth sailing on our weight loss journey. :eek:

CMyers

Welcome and congrats on your banding and the weight you have lost so far. It really is a battle b/4 you get to the right amount of restriction for you. Sometimes it takes just 2-3 fills and sometimes many more than that. All depends on the person.

Just wanted to wish you luck. :wink: