Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post-op: Very active job

Thanks-My surgeon said I only needed one week off- am grateful that I have 1 1/2 weeks- would have never made it going back in only 1! Today's the first day I don't feel really tired. My problem is that I did not share with my co workers or supervisor that I was having the surgery. If things get too rough after I go back I will just have to go and talk to her- but hopefully that won't happen! Anyways, thanks for all the advice :thumbup:

I process shipment at my job and I'm up and down a 8 foot ladder with boxes up to 25#'s. And I went back to work in 1 week but my doc said I couldn't lift anything heavier than 15#'s for at least 6 weeks. I told my boss that I can't be going up and down the ladder with heavy boxes for a couple of weeks. She was understanding and let me do a lighter workload.

Bayba792:

Thanks! I go back to work tomorrow and even though we are busy I am definitely not doing anything as strenuous as lugging boxes up ladders! (Sounds like a great work out though) :thumbup:

Give yourself as much healing time as you can and then be careful when you go back to work for least an additional two weeks. You are young and will probably heal fast but you still want to take good care of yourself. Every good nurse wants a good CNA to back them up...so take care of yourself...you are a precious commodity.

Oh no no no no no. :thumbup: I'm a CNA in a hospital and my doctor kept me out off 6 weeks. You will not be ready to return to work in 2 weeks. You need time to heal. I wasn't ready 2 weeks after surgery and I certainly wasn't going back with a note from my doctor saying "light duty" that doesn't fly in a health care field. You either do the work or you don't. :thumbup:

I felt good after about 4 - 5 weeks but was very grateful I had the extra time to heal. :tt1:

Oh no no no no no. :woot: I'm a CNA in a hospital and my doctor kept me out off 6 weeks. You will not be ready to return to work in 2 weeks. You need time to heal. I wasn't ready 2 weeks after surgery and I certainly wasn't going back with a note from my doctor saying "light duty" that doesn't fly in a health care field. You either do the work or you don't. :thumbup:

I felt good after about 4 - 5 weeks but was very grateful I had the extra time to heal. :w00t:

Same here, I just got out of the hospital from gall bladder surgery and small hernia repair. I only have 4 small incisions and I will be off 5 wks minimum. I was going to be off 6 but had to wait a week for surgery due to infection on my finger. I would feel better being off 6 wks but I will schedule myself to work the last of the eek and will avoid lifting for those first nights. We do that for one another for a week or so, but its not good form to expect someoe else to do all your lifting 4-6 wks. My psych teaching starts back this coming Wed. and I will be there for it as it is lite duty but my floor nursing, no way would I think of going back in less than a month. We don't have lite duty there either.

We have all got to take care of ourselves.

Corliss

Oh no no no no no. :woot: I'm a CNA in a hospital and my doctor kept me out off 6 weeks. You will not be ready to return to work in 2 weeks. You need time to heal. I wasn't ready 2 weeks after surgery and I certainly wasn't going back with a note from my doctor saying "light duty" that doesn't fly in a health care field. You either do the work or you don't. :thumbup:

I felt good after about 4 - 5 weeks but was very grateful I had the extra time to heal. :w00t:

I agree with ya. I think I have accepted the fact that I will probably be out for 6 weeks. I think I can do without 2 pay checks if I go into surgery with no debt, lol. I couldn't go back with light duty. They wouldn't allow it. They only allow light duty for those who get hurt on the job. I think it will work in my advantage though. I'll get to focus on my school work instead, lol.