Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My wife's having lapband Friday

Love you too and here we go on our new journey together :thumbup: It'll be a good one...maybe hard at times but we'll be just fine :thumbup:

Well I was banded yesterday and had to deal with the awful pain of the gas up in my left shoulder. That pain was the worst and dealing with the tummy soreness was nothing compared to this. But I have had this pain any time it seems I have had surgery so I knew it would be there but does not help me overcome it. I was able to come home and walk around here and drink Water, eat Jello, drink some herbal teas. I think we both slept a lot sitting on the couch yesterday as I could not lay down with my shoulder pain. Finally around 11 we go in the bed last night and poor Chase had to be up by 4AM to leave for guard duty this morning. He is up in Reno now until Wednesday so I am here alone but fine. I have a very good friend ready by her phone if needed. It is sore to move today but I feel some better than yesterday and have not been nauseous at all. I can tell when I take to big a sip of water or when I take a gel cap though. I feel a little pain knowing it is something big but it passes. On my road now no turning back!

Nancy

Nancy it sounds like you are doing great. Thank you for sharing and I hope the shoulder pain goes away.

You guys are cute and awesome.

Chase, my guy wrote a response to your question on my blog, if you'd like to check it out. I'd copy and paste it, but there's a lot of text :blink:

Go here: The Boy’s Viewpoint On the Band So Far

I really appreciate your post and reading your blog. Your "boy" is a trooper for sure like mine and that is half the battle. I am just now getting back on the computer. I am extremely weak and tired. That nasty bug I caught the same day I had surgery was rough! Had 3 bouts of vomitting nothing much just foam since there was nothing to come out. And all this drainage as usual causes me to have some heartburn. The "fixed" my hiatal hernia and I am not supposed to be doing this but can't stop the old sinuses from draining :thumbup:. Chase comes home tonight from Guard duty in Reno thank goodness. And the sweet man said he would be waiting on me hand and foot lolol. It has not been easy being along and being so sick. The surgery was nothing but add that with this fever and infection in my head and wow hard to get up and wait on myself. I have slept most of the days so far as I can't seem to do much else. Today I have not taken a nap per say and that is so nice! Thank you one and all for your support to both of us!

I'm so sorry to hear that you've had so many complications to deal with while being alone! I really hope you start to feel better soon. Let me know how I can help you through the Internet! We're both fortunate to have supportive people in our lives to help us through this. So many people have to go it alone, even in committed relationships.

I do have a great Boy. I'm grateful for him every day.

You guys are cute and awesome.

Chase, my guy wrote a response to your question on my blog, if you'd like to check it out. I'd copy and paste it, but there's a lot of text :thumbup:

Go here: The Boy’s Viewpoint On the Band So Far

If you haven't read the testimonial from "The Boy" click the link above because you will thoroughly enjoy it!!!! What a treat, thanks for posting :tt1:

If you haven't read the testimonial from "The Boy" click the link above because you will thoroughly enjoy it!!!! What a treat, thanks for posting :thumbup:

Awww, thanks! I'll pass on your kind words :tt1:

Chase, as far as I am concerned, the fact that you care enough to find out more means you are a wonderful and supporting husband. Good for you! My husband (who is also a total sweetie) has been going to appointments with me. That just means the world to me. Like you, he does not really struggle with weight, but he has listened and asked questions at every office visit. I just feel liked he is a part of this and that we made this decision together, and that's enough for me. Good luck!

Creamer -- a couple suggestions I'd offer -- please don't be the "diet police" unless your wife asks you to. We know if we are eating something we shouldn't. We have to make this decision 100% for ourselves to eat what is healthy.

Second suggestion, if you have a sweet tooth, or she has in the past, try not to keep any sweet stuff or high calorie Snacks in a cupboard or location where she has to see them. I'm not saying you can't have them, but definitely for me, seeing them is temptation so if they were in my husband's reserved drawer or cupboard that might help. Same with eating them frequently in front of her if she is struggling.