Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Finally! I haven't stepped on the scale in a few days but today is Monday and yippee skippee....229! I knew that stupid thing would have to move at some point! Down 7 pounds! I'm going to take the mental high and not weigh myself until next Monday.

Yipee! That's great news. I know you are doing the happy dance!

Congratulations!!!:blushing:

Finally! I haven't stepped on the scale in a few days but today is Monday and yippee skippee....229! I knew that stupid thing would have to move at some point! Down 7 pounds! I'm going to take the mental high and not weigh myself until next Monday.

You go w/your bad self!!:thumbup::blushing:

wow thats great what r u doing? is that 7lbs lost n a week, or 2? what r u eating?

I was thinking about you and your weigh in. Congrats!!! Isn't it a sweet feeling? :blushing::thumbup::thumbup:

Fantastic!! You are such an inspiration to me!!

Good job Elfie. You even lost weight during the holidays. Good for you!

wow thats great what r u doing? is that 7lbs lost n a week, or 2? what r u eating?

That's 7 in a week, but I'm sure some of that was from not being able to eat solids for 4 days because I was too tight.

What I'm doing differently this week is keeping it simple. I posted this in another thread but this is pretty much what my menu looks like...

Breakfast:

Protein shake made with milk and 1/2 banana

OR

1 scrambled egg, 1 slice of toast and I use a bit of butter on the toast

Snack:

Low carb/low calorie Protein shake (I do Isopure 1 scoop in a cup of water)

lunch

3-4 oz tuna or chicken mixed with a bit of lite mayo and stuffed in a Tomato or with some lettuce.

OR

3-4 oz grilled chicken in a salad and yes I use real oil in my dressing

Snack:

Low carb/low calorie Protein Shake

DINNER:

3-4 oz Protein (grilled chicken or steak, baked fish)

1/2 cup low carb vegies such as broccoli, brussel sprouts, green Beans, cabbage, etc. (sometimes it's more like 3/4 c)

2 Tbs or 1/4 cup rice, potatoes, Pasta or Beans

Snack:

Sugar Free chocolate Jello pudding

And if I'm really craving sweets at any point during the day, a cup of sugar free hot chocolate.< /p>

I usually eat 6 times a day because it not only keeps my blood sugar stable and prevent cravings, but it 'mentally' gets me from one meal to another as I'm 'eating' every 2 1/2 hours.

Keep in mind that I am at restriction and that is making all the difference. I am full after one of the meals above whereas before I did not. I'm hoping this will mean I will continue losing but I'd be happy with 2 lbs a week!

Oh and I don't go to the gym. My activity level hasn't changed from preop to postop so this is all through changing the amount of calories I'm taking in.

Breakfast:

OR

this reminded me of how awesome "I can't believe it's not butter spray" is! It is zero points on WW and it totally gives you that wet feeling and butter taste. I cook my eggs in it even.

That's 7 in a week, but I'm sure some of that was from not being able to eat solids for 4 days because I was too tight.

What I'm doing differently this week is keeping it simple. I posted this in another thread but this is pretty much what my menu looks like...

Breakfast:

OR

Snack:

Low carb/low calorie Protein Shake (I do Isopure 1 scoop in a cup of water)

lunch

3-4 oz tuna or chicken mixed with a bit of lite mayo and stuffed in a Tomato or with some lettuce.

OR

3-4 oz grilled chicken in a salad and yes I use real oil in my dressing

Snack:

Low carb/low calorie Protein Shake

DINNER:

3-4 oz Protein (grilled chicken or steak, baked fish)

1/2 cup low carb vegies such as broccoli, brussel sprouts, green Beans, cabbage, etc. (sometimes it's more like 3/4 c)

2 Tbs or 1/4 cup rice, potatoes, Pasta or Beans

Snack:

sugar free chocolate Jello pudding

And if I'm really craving sweets at any point during the day, a cup of sugar free hot chocolate.< /p>

I usually eat 6 times a day because it not only keeps my blood sugar stable and prevent cravings, but it 'mentally' gets me from one meal to another as I'm 'eating' every 2 1/2 hours.

Keep in mind that I am at restriction and that is making all the difference. I am full after one of the meals above whereas before I did not. I'm hoping this will mean I will continue losing but I'd be happy with 2 lbs a week!

Oh and I don't go to the gym. My activity level hasn't changed from preop to postop so this is all through changing the amount of calories I'm taking in.

wow thats great how many fills have u had so far??? I guess when I get real restriction I will lose it to... Keep up the good work... when u were too tight did u get unfill or just waited it out

Yippee and Yahoo! I'm thrilled for you.

Thanks for sharing your daily meals, I have copied it into my notes, ready for when I can eat regular food.

You go girl!

wow thats great how many fills have u had so far??? I guess when I get real restriction I will lose it to... Keep up the good work... when u were too tight did u get unfill or just waited it out

I had my first fill of 3 cc at 4 weeks post op, another 3 cc's 2 weeks later. Then, because I had no feeling of restriction at all, a week later they took out what was in the band to make sure there really was 6 cc in there (there was) and put back an additional two...which pushed me over. So a week after that they took out 1 cc which puts me at 7 right now.

When I was too tight, I had them remove some. Yeah, I could've just existed on Protein shakes and lost beaucoup weight, but to be honest I just want to eat like a normal person. Losing the weight is sort of incidental. By day 3 of complete liquids I would've killed for a salad. :smile2:

Before restriction I was eating less, but not like I am now. Now I'm able to stick to that 1 cup of food per meal and be completely satisfied for 4 hours, but I do continue to have a low cal, low carb Protein shake mid meals just to keep my blood sugar stable. I really think that extra protein (it's 25 gm per shake) really helps.

It also takes me 20-30 minutes to eat that meal because I have to concentrate on taking small bites, chewing it to mush and then waiting between bites or else I'll have to deal with a stuck episode...not fun.

this reminded me of how awesome "I can't believe it's not butter spray" is! It is zero points on WW and it totally gives you that wet feeling and butter taste. I cook my eggs in it even.

Thanks! That is one of the things I miss with my scrambled eggs. I don't overcook them so they aren't dry, but the texture definitely is different cooked in Pam vs cooked in butter. I'll have to pick some up next time I'm at the store.

Thanks! That is one of the things I miss with my scrambled eggs. I don't overcook them so they aren't dry, but the texture definitely is different cooked in Pam vs cooked in butter. I'll have to pick some up next time I'm at the store.

hey friend whats ur calorie intake??