Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

daughter's surgery is postponed

unless she gets too sick!

He little lungs were not that clear still- so surgery is moved till December 13th. SHe will have to repeat all the same tests that we did today and then hopefully we will do it then.

Hopefully she will be able to get and stay healthy till then. We discussed long term antibiotic use till then- which they want to (I agree - but we need to find something she is not allergic to)

She also has decided that eating is for the birds- I hope that it is just his antibiotic and when it is over her appetite will return- but I am concerned. The "baby nutritionist" is coming out this week to figure out what we can do to keep her weight where it is or gain some! (I wish this woman luck- she has not met the stubborn fighter yet- I swear she called me a couple of nasty names when she was babbling yesterday and ke[t refusing her bottle and the breast - which she has never turned down!)

So keep those prayers coming!

JAne

Jane - Please let us know why your daughter needs surgery. If there is another thread, maybe you can link it.

On the bright side, maybe your little girl will never have a weight problem if she doesn't really like to eat! (If I'm making light of a life threatening illness, I apologize in advance)

I always forget that some of us who post so little and have been around forever forget that you all don't know everything about everyone.

I have a new little adopted special angel. (we adopted in March- best 5 lbs I ever gained). She has a av canal defect, among other issues and had been doing so well that they thought she could have surgery at 2 or 3.

Well we got viral pneumonia in September29/October9- long hospital stay. She started building up Fluid around and in lungs and heart from being on oxygen -- so a new problem. SHe had to have a cardiac cath last week (Oct 19th) -- showing she needs surgery now- even if echo was good (which it was); we were scheduled for her open heart this week and now we have bacterial pneumonia (which we brought home from hospital) so she can have her surgery at the earliest in 6 weeks now (December 13th) unless she really goes down hill which is why the eating thing is so important.

I just had my "pity me" day- I had everything planned- sitter, days off, got our christmas photos done (since she can't leave house for 6-8 weeks after) and now We probab;y will Celebrate her first chritmas in hospital

DH felt that I was just mad because I would have to wait till december foir 24 hour DQ access (perk of the hospital)

So I am in a much better place today- decided we will finish christmas shopping now (hey what are cards for -) and I'll start wrapping and etc. so we can all be ready to let dad and grandma handle everything while we are there

I call this her sick little pumpking photo

<a href=pumpkin.jpg" />

and here we all are

familyxmas2005.jpg

Thanks for asking!

You have a beautiful family. I hope she get over her illness soon. It' no picinic when the little ones get sick. I know what you mean about gaining weight which sounds insane to some. I have a 4yr old who weighs 28lbs I have tried everything for him to gain but Doc says that is just him. He is on his own wt chart.

an Av Canal defect does that mean it's to open or needs to be closed? Sorry not familer with it.. I Pray she gets better soon.