Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Steps for Troops

Troop Miles

HoneyLove Walk

It's late and I can't think of anything else. Maybe tomorrow.

I like *Warm Fuzzies Walk A Mile*.......said by zobee!!

We will each walk a mile a day!!! think of how many miles we can walk by April 10th! wow!!

I posted in the original thread because I didn't see this one, but count me in:smile: Maybe I can get my husband to join too; he is in the National Guard and his unit is overseas right now but he came home due to an injury...I think it'd be a great tribute to his brothers over there.

Military Mile Marchers

Maniacal Milers

This is going to be awesome....100 miles in 100 days!!!!!!!! Way to go bandsters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So far we have ...

Steps for Troops

Troop Miles

HoneyLove Walk

Military Mile Marchers

Maniacal Milers

Bander Brigade

Sneaker Squad

Feel free to vote for your favorite or suggest another!

Count me in! I work for the Army as a nurse. How about considering the name Walking for Warriors?

Donna

Or how about Walking with Warriors? Since we are all fighting our own battles, one way or the other............just a thought..................

Welcome Aboard! Our choices now include ...

Steps for Troops

Troop Miles

HoneyLove Walk

Military Mile Marchers

Maniacal Milers

Bander Brigade

Sneaker Squad

Walking For Warriors

Walking With Warriors

Stride 4 Stride

Feel free to vote here, or send me a PM with your thoughts. I'll start the group as soon as we have a name.

Here is the description of our group. Please feel free to offer any suggestions for additions or changes.

"We are committed to encouraging those of our members with loved ones in the military; especially those whose partners are deployed, and who therefore lack the support required for successful weight loss. Specifically, we commit to walking a minimum of one mile per day beside them, matching their weight loss efforts stride for stride. In exchange, we will reap the personal benefits of increased exercise while extending our appreciation for the sacrifices of our deployed military.

"Members are encouraged to use this group as a place of encouragement, where we can share our progress, or any thoughts, insights, or reflections from our daily walks."

Thanks for your input!!

Edited by zobee
To add group description.

Count me in please! I am not military or married to military, but I do need a serious kick in the butt!! Had my surgery on Dec 16th and have not lost ANYTHING! (except for my motivation somewhere :unsure:) Maybe this will be what I need to get me going--and once I see results it will be easier to stay motivated--plus I have accountibility from all of you :wub:!! It's winter with a ton of snow here in Western PA--and that always gives me the blues! So if anyone needs "adopted"--I can adopt them and I a ready with my treadmill for Monday!

I really like Walking with Warriors! We are all warriors. We each have our own battles that we are trying to overcome. Let's do this and rack up some miles.

I have already committed to 50 miles for the January challenge and would love to continue with Ashley as well...

so far i have 2 miles...!

Edited by nawlinzlady

Hello zobee...Count me in. I am joining Anytime Fitness tomorrow and will be walking everyday.

Oh, and I was watching my Glee DVDs last night also..about 4 episodes!

So far we have ...

Steps for Troops

Troop Miles

HoneyLove Walk

Military Mile Marchers

Maniacal Milers

Bander Brigade

Sneaker Squad

Feel free to vote for your favorite or suggest another!

**My vote is Walking with warriors**:unsure:

I like the "walking with warriors", it can take on so many different meanings.. I have a blog for my husband, who is a cancer warrior.. so it would be extra motivating for me.. (just my 2 cents worth)..

I was on the original thread then found this one.

I vote for "Walking with Warriors" too. Great suggestion onetosucceed! :unsure: