Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I feel like a huge disaster I let down myself and im disgusted.

What size band do you have and how much do you have in it?

I was banded 3/9/09 I have a 14cc band with a 10cc fill only now do I have restriction.

What size band do you have and how much do you have in it?

I was banded 3/9/09 I have a 14cc band with a 10cc fill only now do I have restriction.

For real! I have a 14cc band too!! I'm at 7cc or 8 i'm not for sure. Great that means like 5 more month's till i get restriction. Well im going to continue to walk and try to eat different.

Oh! I know the answer to this one!

First of all, you're so busy kicking yourself in the tushie that you can't focus on anything else. If you truly need a good tushie kicking, let me help you out:

Knock it off! You are not a disaster! You're simply stalled, and what you need is a good jump start. If self loathing burned calories, you would be a size two by now. Crawl up out of that pity puddle, take all that energy you are wasting and put it to more productive use! Yes, you CAN do this!

It sounds to me like you are exactly where I was several years ago. I was a young mother with two preschoolers and one in first grade. My husband worked out of town and we only had one car. Very rural area, and we just moved there so I knew nobody. I felt very closed in, like I needed air.

So I got some.

You don't need a cabinet full of videos. You need a stroller and a pair of walking shoes. Girl -- that three year old of yours is THE best piece of exercise equipment you can have! I would rent him from you if I could, LOL.

Put that little cherub in the stroller and get outside and ... BREATHE. Notice the clouds. Stop and admire a garden. Meet a neighbor. Think of ways that you'll greet your husband when he gets home. Think happy and you'll be happy. And the thing is -- you don't have to walk fast. You don't have to walk far. Just walk.

I did this every day. Pushed the stroller to a nearby convenience store just for something to do, and bought a newspaper every day. Maybe a mile, round trip. I wasn't dieting. I wasn't even conciously exercising. I was just trying to escape my own depression.

Within two months, I had dropped from a size 18 to a size 12. I am so not kidding you. I had been wearing leggings and didn't even notice. When I went to put jeans on, I was like ... hang on, where did I leave my tushie and when did I grow a waistline??

You have a minimum of 13 weeks before your hero returns from war. This is SO doable! Stop kicking yourself in the tush and get out there and walk, walk, walk. You can do this!! One mile a day, minimum. More if it feels good. Won't take any time at all, and it will be WONDERFUL for both you and the baby. So go on, lace up those tennis shoes and just do it -- I dare you!

In fact, I double dare you. :smile2:

This is the MOST inspirational post I have seen on this site to date. It has inspired me to get up and go. Thank you so much!!! It's quotes like yours that reminds me why I joined this site. You should do a daily blog. Thanks so much.:lol:

I like the GNC pro performance AMP. I use 1 scoop with a cup of light soy milk and shake it....I prefer the chocolate..but there are others.

Total Protein powder and milk : 140 cal, 2 gm fat, 5 gms carbs, 3 gms of sugar and 26 gms Protein.

It truly tastes good. Unlike some of the others ....ewwww nasty.

If you and your son watch a lot of TV, do wall push ups or real push ups during the comercials. I started this a few months ago and did 10 wall pushups during each commercial then worked my way up to "real" push ups. It's a great upper body work out and it's really easy to do at home....you're son can do them too!!! I also use Jillian Michaels 30 day shred, which is basic stuff...jumping jacks, jump rope, push ups, squats, all home stuff. Good luck!!!! We can all do this together!!!

This is the MOST inspirational post I have seen on this site to date. It has inspired me to get up and go. Thank you so much!!! It's quotes like yours that reminds me why I joined this site. You should do a daily blog. Thanks so much.:smile2:

Aww, how sweet! Thank you! Does this mean you'll be joining us? We're up to eight or nine walkers now - all very exciting stuff! Jump on over to the Mile Matcher thread and let us know! And we need a name for our group, so bring your thinking cap! :lol:

Anyone have any work out video's they really like or that have helped them at home???

My husband bought me a Wii Fit the week before my surgery. I love it! The aerobics games get my heart rate up, and I do a body test every day to motivate me. It keeps up with your weight and BMI, as well as your weight loss. It even tells me I am OBESE. That's a huge motivator!

You know, we are all addicted to food, that's why we are in this boat. But you have to figure out a way to reprogram your mind to EAT TO LIVE, NOT LIVE TO EAT. If you can't get a therapist to help you with your emotional eating (we all do it), at the very least get a nutritionist to help you with your meals. Only buy the groceries you need to feed you and your child and nothing extra.

I just had my surgery this week, but I had been lurking here for a while, and one thing I know is YOU HAVE FRIENDS HERE. We all have similar issues. Do the very best you can, and if you fall off the wagon, don't beat yourself up - that will just make you eat more. Just view it as a slip and get right back on the program and keep going.

In looking at how much weight I am losing on this liquid diet because it has put me into ketosis, maybe you could jump start things by going back on the liquid diet?? Just a thought.

I don't know it all, and I am just starting my journey. I know this will be a huge challenge for me because all we ever do is go out to eat. Today my husband insisted on going to Golden Corral -- yes, my favorite buffet! But I had Soup while he ate three plates of everything (he is skinny as a rail, and it's so not fair!). YOU MUST BE DETERMINED - TELL YOURSELF YOU WILL SUCCEED!!! This is a huge mind game we are playing and you have to outsmart it. My doctor tells me NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS SKINNY!

Ashley,

I'm a military wife too. I think its HUGE that your husband is gone and you have NOT gained.

Walk and eat better but don't give up on the band (even if it takes 5 more fills).

I have had good restriction now for about 6 weeks and I know now this is how it was meant to be.

Tell your surgeon the issues with no restriction.

Cathy

Another word about the Protein powder. It helps keep you from losing muscle. Muscle burns fat, plain and simple. The more muscle you put on, the faster you will lose weight. I use workout bands to build muscle in my arms and shoulders. 5 lbs of fat takes up twice the space as 5 lbs of muscle. Try this Protein (get it at Amazon)- it's called Dessert - the cinnamon roll flavor is great - I put a scoop or two in my Cream of Wheat after cooking it and yes it tastes like a cinnamon roll (this was before surgery since I'm on liquid after surgery this week). Keeps you full longer and helps promote muscle.

weight.png

Ashley,

I'm a military wife too. I think its HUGE that your husband is gone and you have NOT gained.

Thanks Cathy. I have to make a change. And a big one. I think i will jump start things by going back on liquid only diet for a couple weeks then move on.

Thank You everyone for input and the butt kicking i needed. I'm starting a liquid for a couple weeks to jump start me!!! I'm excited. Everyone should get in on that walking everyday one mile!! Lets do it!!!

I will walk too! I'll match what you walk every day. My husband is in the National Guard, and thankfully is not deployed due to injury but his unit is, and I think it's a great way to show support for all the Men and Women risking their lives over there to protect us. I guess this is a little off topic for the thread, but hey any support helps right?

Oh and I'm sorry to hear about your struggles. I was feeling bad for plateauing for a month, but I guess it could be worse! I know you can do this!:smile2:

Ok i hate the taste of Protein powder it's so gross. But from what i've heard you have to have Protein to burn fat and calories. So anyone know of a brand of Protein Powder that isn't gross or better yet how do i use it to help me!

Try this one.... I love the taste. Get a blender, and put frozen fruit (rasberries, cherries, mangos or blueberries) or sugar free peaches in the vanilla. I also mix the vanilla with milk and orange juice (tropicana 50 low sugar) to make an orange julius..

Put a banana in the chocolate. Use 1% milk.

This stuff tastes great!!!

powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury Medical Quality whey Protein Isolate. Best Tasting whey Protein Powder. Most Trusted Whey Protein Powder Supplement.

TJ

IDK maybe i have stretched it out. But every time i get a fill shouldn't it go back down???

The fill restricts how fast food can go from your pouch into your regular stomach. If you tighten the band and eat a lot the pouch will expand to hold the food until it can all push through the small opening made by the band. A fill does not restrict the amount you eat if you eat past feeling full. The pouch will just keep expanding. Thats why you are able to eat what and how much you want and have gained the weight back. Of course it doesnt stretch with just one meal, it takes time.

Ashley, my husband is a Special Forces Colonel and my son is an Infantryman in the Marine Corps. When I tell you that I have walked down your path a million times I am not exaggerating. You are dealing with so many issues that normal civilian Lap Band patients will never understand. Your weight issues are multi layered as they should be. What self respecting military wife wouldn't have multiple issues LOL! What is important is that you are not the only one going through this right now. My gut (and Lap Band) tell me you over stepped your boundaries and might have stretched it a bit too much. If you have had all those fills and unfills and the doc isn't assisting - shame on him. BUT...your not losing because your eating too much. Go back to the liquid diet you were on when you first had the surgery. I know Protein powders suck but there are a few pre canned ones that are palatable. I used SLIM FAST low carb for a while and it worked great. Get some frozen sugar free pops and use those when you want to eat something. Try this for one week. You will be fine. Take a chewable multi Vitamin as well and try to sip on Water. Go to your Behavioral Health unit and ask to talk to someone. There is NO shame in seeking assistance. Also, how is your FRG and do the leaders know that you have gone through this while your guy is deployed? As military wives - we are the best of the best and deal with things most normal woman could never dream of. Having a hiccup while trying to nurture your young son, help your self, making sure your guy knows your okay while he's away, working, school and so forth is a daunting task but you do it. Don't compare yourself with the girlfriend who left and is now a size 8. Your not her. She PCS'd with her man and your still working through a deployment. Kick yourself in the ass and re group. As military wives we have access to some great support networks that our civilian counterparts do not. If it helps send me a private message not on the thread. I promise you can turn this around!