Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No restriction whatsoever!

I remember posting a similar post way back when. Relax and let your body heal. Even after your first fill you might not feel restricted. It took me a couple. My surgeon doesn't look for weight loss until after a couple of fills.

I also postponed my first fill because we were, of all things, going on a cruise!

Yeah, try being in Bandster Hell while cruising the Panama Canal! OY! My surgeon was ever so pleased that I managed to lose 1 lb during that 10 days!

Needless to say, I was fit to be tied, I wanted that fill so badly.

Someone here during my first days posted that an empty band shortly after surgery is like having a new sports car with an empty gas tank.

It is so pretty and you want to take it out for a spin, but with no gas...it gets you nowhere!

That was pretty much what I kept telling myself until my restriction started. "Wait till you have your gas!"

It will come, give it time. It is frustrating that the result isn't immediate. But now, 2 years later, I am down around 60 lbs. :rolleyes2: Yeah, baby! It's all good!

Denise

I was banded 12/16 as well and have lost 23lbs. I'm not feeling real restricted either, but I'm definietly eating less than I was before banding. 12 of the 23lbs were lost during the 2 weeks of liquid pre op diet. My first fill is Jan 26th...looking forward to more restriction. Be encouraged and keep up the good work!

DON'T GIVE UP!!! I was banded on September 21st and didn't get my first fill until November 3rd and had my second fill on December 23rd. After being banded if I hadn't seen the band during my upper GI I would not have beleived it was there! I, like you, have been losing weight but I think it was purely because I was making a serious effort to watch my eating. I have experineced a little restriction after my second fill but still have not had the feeling of real restriction. I am sure it is there but I think I was expecting some huge difference. All I can say is that I am making better choices so I am happy with the weight loss. 43 pounds since being banded (not counting the 16 before surgery!) I am hoping the third fill will be the charm but if i think logically about it..if I am losing weight without having the "sliming" issues, and "stuck" issues and I can still eat whatever I want that is a good thing, right? I sort of feel as though the band is a "mind" thing. It doesn't feel like it is doing much but the idea that it is there is definitely doing something to my eating habits so that is a good thing!! Good Luck and this band is the best thing I ever did for myself!!!

I am so glad you asked this question! I had my lap band surgery on Dec. 3, 2009, and while I am eating much less than I was before, I am still eating more than 1/2 cup. I'm glad to know this is "normal." My first fill is Jan. 12. I have lost 27 pounds thus far, but a lot of that was during the liquid diet before surgery and 2 weeks after surgery. I want to lose 152 more pounds. Can anyone give me an idea of how you cook your foods, and what you eat for Breakfast, lunch, and dinner, i.e., what foods and amounts? I was given guidelines, but they are not very specific, and I really want to do well. Thanks to everyone who is on this board!

weight.png

Im learning to I knowhow to cook its just all the countin and measuring that gets on my nerves. my doc told me to eat a piece of meat the size of the palm of my hand and on the rest of the saucer it should be veggiess.... he advised me to take a bite or 2 of meat chew chew chew then a fork of veggies then wait 10 mins (with good restriction) u should be full but if not take another bite... hopefully this can help if u like we can can share recipes when we get them Im open to it

I was banded 12/7 and my first fill is 1/27. I know its hard stick it out. My problem is I was lost a bunch of weight in the few weeks :unsure:now it has completely slowed down, that is what is so frustrating to me. I am not even overeating. I am sticking to the programs. I do need to work harder on my exercising but foodwise I think I am on target. Any suggestions?

My first fill is tomorrow and I am terrified of the needle in my tummy! Does it hurt a lot and does it leave you sore for any period of time?

Every since my surgery I have had a very small appetite and get full very quickly. If I eat as much as a 1 cup of food I am miserable for hours on end... And I still have the protien shake for Breakfast which tides me over for about 4 or 5 hours... However, Even with eating very little, (less than half of what I used to eat) I am disappointed that I am not losing much weight yet... Most of my meals are close to half cup of food. That is the amount I can eat and still be comfortable. I hope I don't have any issues with throwing up after the fill. I hate throwing up!

Ohhh, I just wanted to add that I had reconstructive knee surgery on 12/16/09 and so have been slowly building up my physical activity level so that may help when I have full mobility again... I'm up to 20 minutes on the stationary bike when I go to physical therapy and logged over 5 miles on it today today! Yay me... However, with that celebration comes the depressing news that the calorie counter said I only burned 100 calories... It felt like I should have burned 1000!!! That was a lot of work.... However, every little thing is an extra effort with my bum knee.. Hehe... I can't believe I took my knees for granted before this accident took it out...

I too have continued to lose, albeit more slowly, even without a band fill yet (my first fill is Jan. 12). I am eating a lot less, though.

Since my preparation for banding started a couple of days before Thanksgiving (and being banded on Dec. 3), I have lost 31 pounds!

weight.png :rolleyes2:

I'll take a slow weight loss over no weight loss any day!

My first fill is tomorrow and I am terrified of the needle in my tummy! Does it hurt a lot and does it leave you sore for any period of time?

I just had my first fill today and it did not hurt at all, there was a little poke but that was it......My tummy is not sore at all, I even went to Curves to workout tonite....my doc requires 3 days of full liquids after a fill.

[quote name=NewKate;1389615

I just had my first fill today and it did not hurt at all' date=' there was a little poke but that was it......My tummy is not sore at all, I even went to Curves to workout tonite....my doc requires 3 days of full liquids after a fill.[/quote]

Kate,

Thank you so much for the feedback... DO they do anything to numb you first? I'm still scared...

Mrs Beasley, I have not ate anything yet because my doctor requires 3 days of full liquids after a fill.

Jengems, no numbing medication, you do not need it, seriously there is nothing to be scared of, it is a little poke that is it. Good luck.

WOW, thank god for your post! I was going to the website thinnertimes.com. I posted something similar to yurs and the response was so unsupportive. I guess people forgot about their first few weeks. I have been able to eat what I want also and was scared. My surgery was December 17th and I am supposed to be on pureed but feel like I screwed up by eating. I put myself back on liquids and boy is it hard. I am eating less then i was before but am starving! I am trying though and after this post, feel i am doing ok! I guess it is bandster hell. Thank you, this really helps you get through it. My first fill is Jan 20th and i cannot wait! Hang in there! One day at a time! Thank you again!

My surgery was November 9th and I will not get my first fill until January 8, 2010. I am really nervous about going. Not because of "fear of fill", but "fear of scales". I know I have gained about 6lbs. I also have only my scars to remind me I even have the band. Even though I have really tried to drink my Water, make good food choices, eat less and exercise I have still gained. Has anyone else gained before their first fill?