Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded last night (12-23-09)

Hello, I am a newbie to Lap Band Talk! I had my surgery last night and I am doing great! I am still a little sore near my incisions, but other than that, all is good. Luckily, I have had no gas pains; I guess it helps that I am walking around a lot. Any other December 23rd bandsters?

Hello, I am a newbie to Lap Band Talk! I had my surgery last night and I am doing great! I am still a little sore near my incisions, but other than that, all is good. Luckily, I have had no gas pains; I guess it helps that I am walking around a lot. Any other December 23rd bandsters?

Welcome to LBT! I was banded on December 23rd too!! :blink: I'm still sore around the incisions but am doing well over-all.

I'm SOO happy to be banded!! This is the best Christmas present EVER!!

What type of liquids are you eating? I'm eating yogurt, fudgscicles, cream of wheat, and cream of chicken Soup at the moment.

How are you feeling today? Please keep me updated!

Merry Christmas!!

Amy

Amy!! How exciting that we were both banded on the same day!! I am glad to hear that you are doing well. I am still a little sore around the incision areas, but I guess that is to be expected.

As for liquids, I have been eating Jello, pudding, cheddar cheese Soup, fudgesicles, and of course drinking lots of Water.

Keep me updated on how you are doing! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas.

Katy

Amy!! How exciting that we were both banded on the same day!! I am glad to hear that you are doing well. I am still a little sore around the incision areas, but I guess that is to be expected.

As for liquids, I have been eating Jello, pudding, cheddar cheese Soup, fudgesicles, and of course drinking lots of Water.

Keep me updated on how you are doing! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas.

Katy

Katy!

I'm soo excited that I met you! This is awesome that we are able to share this experience day by day!

I'm able to walk okay and sit, etc. But it does hurt getting in and out of bed. I guess you use more (or I do) ab muscles positioning yourself in bed than if you are just walking. Other than that, I have discomfort around the incision sites which is to be expected 2 days post-op.

I'm taking my pain meds and sleeping a lot. I'm drinking plenty of Water and feeling quite "normal."

For some reason, my doctor will not allow his patients to eat Jello. :blink: I don't know why, and that is why I was wondering what types of liquids you were able to eat. I'm glad you are doing well. Keep me updated, Katy! You're in my thoughts and prayers!

Amy

Hmmm...I wonder why he won't let you eat Jello? That's weird. Today I am experiencing a little gas (stomach girgling), but nothing that is terriblly painful. I have heard about a lot of people having gas pains in their shoulders and so forth, but luckily I am not experiencing that.

I am still on my pain meds as well, and they make me very sleepy! I am almost out of pain meds, but I am comfortable enough to where I don't think that I need them anymore.

Yesterday I felt well enough to go across town to visit my family for Christmas. It was a little uncomfortable getting in and out of our tall truck (just as you said you were experiencing soreness in and out of bed.) I also had to be very careful not to slip on the ice that has been on driveways and so forth. We have had snow and ice here in Texas the past few days!!!! So cool, but so rare!

Great to hear back from you, and be sure to keep me updated on how you are doing! Talk with you soon,

Katy

Amy, how long were you in the hospital for the procedure?

Amy, how long were you in the hospital for the procedure?

It was outpatient. I was in about 8 am for prep and out by 3:30 pm.

I am experiencing a lot of gas/gurgling. Nothing painful at least. Today I feel a lot better. Trying to drink lots of fluids and get lots of rest, as I am supposed to go back to work on Wednesday! YIKES!!

How long were in the hospital for, Katy?

Poor thing, I can't believe you have to go back to work on Wednesday. Be sure to take it easy on that day. Luckily I don't have to go back to work until January 4.

On my surgery day, I had to be there at 12:30 for a 2:30 surgery. I wasn't even called back for prep until 3:00!! Grrr...He was totally booked. I was wheeled back to the OR at 4:45 and was sent home by 6:45. I was surprised that they sent me home that quickly after surgery, but I was glad to be out of there anyway!

Hi Katy and Amy,

I have not yet been banded but will find out when my surgery will be on the 31st. I am very excited and nervous at the same time. It helps so much to read how the both of yoou are doing. Congrats on being banded! Keep the info coming, it sure helps!

Hope you both had a Merry Christmas!

Melissa

Hi Melissa,

I bet you can't wait until the 31st! I ended up having to switch surgeons due to an insurance change, but when I went to him to set up my surgery date, he had scheduled my surgery for 6 days later!!! I was concerned about having only a few days on my liquid diet, but the surgeon said I would be fine.

I was very nervous and excited just as you are, but I am so glad I did it!!

Be sure to keep us updated on what you find out.

Katy

Hi Katy and Amy,

I have not yet been banded but will find out when my surgery will be on the 31st. I am very excited and nervous at the same time. It helps so much to read how the both of yoou are doing. Congrats on being banded! Keep the info coming, it sure helps!

Hope you both had a Merry Christmas!

Melissa

Hi Melissa!

Time will fly by. I can't believe I am already 3 days post-op!! My surgeon did not require a pre-op liquid diet, thank God. At the most you may have to do a one week liquid diet. So you will probably be banded within the next couple of weeks! YAY!!

Feeling excited and nervous at the same time is NORMAL. I was soo excited yet anxious too. Honestly, being banded was the best Christmas present I have ever received. This was the best decision I have ever made and I am very happy right now. Yes, I am experiencing some gas and gurgling but nothing painful. The last dose of pain medication that I took was at 4:30 am this morning. I am tolerating liquids just fine.

I'm doing really well. I'm on the computer, I'm walking, I'm watching tv, I'm eating, I'm reading, and I'm getting bored! lol I feel like I should be doing more!

I have had surgery many, many times. So, I wasn't scared too much about the actual surgery. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me. Take care Melissa and keep us updated on your journey!! Good luck!

Amy

Time will fly by. I can't believe I am already 3 days post-op!! My surgeon did not require a pre-op liquid diet, thank God. At the most you may have to do a one week liquid diet. So you will probably be banded within the next couple of weeks! YAY!!

HI Amy! Congratulations! I get banded on Monday. My doctor did not require me to do a liquid diet either. Some patients he does, but somehow I escaped it! I have been on a low carb/high Protein diet. I do not feel like I have lost any weight though! GRRRR! I am so afraid I will get to the hospital, and they will say, "Sorry, you are too fat, no banding for you!"

Tomorrow I do the Clear Liquids prior to surgery. What kind of Clear Liquids did you drink the day before!

I am very excited for you! Keep up the good work!!!!

HI Amy! Congratulations! I get banded on Monday. My doctor did not require me to do a liquid diet either. Some patients he does, but somehow I escaped it! I have been on a low carb/high Protein diet. I do not feel like I have lost any weight though! GRRRR! I am so afraid I will get to the hospital, and they will say, "Sorry, you are too fat, no banding for you!"

Tomorrow I do the clear liquids prior to surgery. What kind of clear liquids did you drink the day before!

I am very excited for you! Keep up the good work!!!!

Hi Lisa!

I was also on a low carb/high Protein diet. Believe it or not but I lost 3 lbs in less than a week!! :smile: So, I do believe that you have lost weight. I am 99.99% positive that the surgeon will not turn you away because you are too fat!! So, please relax!! You WILL be banded on Monday!! :)

I did not have to do clear liquids the day before surgery. I just had to do the low carb/high protein diet. And the day before surgery, I had to eat very light~ everything had to be baked and/or grilled.

Right now I'm eating sugar-free Jello, sugar-free apple sauce, yogurt low in carbs, Atkins Protein shakes, cream of chix Soup, cream of broccoli Soup, sugar-free fudgecicles, and cream of wheat. Obvioulsy these are not clear liquids. I don't know what your doctor wants you to eat. Maybe other's can help. Any ideas??

Thank you for your support!! We'll be here for one another!! Keep us updated on your surgery! Good Luck!!

Amy

Thank you Amy! I appreciate the support!