Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting my LapBand on Tuesday, Nov 24!

I have just a few days until my surgery and I'm starting to get really nervous. Anyone have any advice on what I should expect the first few days? Also I did my nutrition class and got a ton of information but was wondering what others did to make sure they got all their Protein. Thanks guys!

:confused:

Hey A, I too will be going on the 24th.

We will be official bandsters then, and I am so excited!

I too have some fears, but hey, I get the jitters when I have to go to the dentist, so I guess some fear is to be expected.

There is plenty of info of what to expect here at LBT, but be sure to check out;

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f84/any-november-2009-bandsters-102014/

Be sure to read all the posts on that thread, as there is plenty of recent posts by newborn bandsters and what they are and have experienced. Be sure to join in and be part of us November 09 Knockouts!

Good luck, and my thoughts will be with you, that is until Tuesday, then my thoughts will be about me:scared2:(total fear)

Thanks so much! I am heading over to the Nov Bandsters now! LOL. And I'll be thinking about you on the 24th too! Nice to know that somewhere in the world someone is going to the same thing as me! :confused:

hi i to am really nervous, i get band on the 25 of Nov.

Good luck to you both.:confused:

I have just a few days until my surgery and I'm starting to get really nervous. Anyone have any advice on what I should expect the first few days? Also I did my nutrition class and got a ton of information but was wondering what others did to make sure they got all their Protein. Thanks guys!

:confused:

First congratulations!!! The first few days after surgery you will probably be a little sore. Use your pain medication that's what it's there for. Be sure to walk as much as you can to keep the gas moving through (it's the air that they fill you with). Get a soft pillow to hold on your tummy when you cough. And you might want to get some Gas-X strips.

I don't know what type of diet your doctor puts you on. All doctors are different however if you are like mine you will probably be on a liquid diet for a few days. You should be getting 3 Protein shakes a day. Have you bought your Protein yet?? sugar free Ice pops are great as well as sugar free Jello. powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury has a chicken Soup flavor Protein Drink that is pretty good. You warm it up.

I hope this helps. We will be saving you a seat on the losers bench. :scared2:

Congratulations! And don't worry, you'll get through it just fine.

Hey! I am getting banded the day after you...this Wednesday! I am getting nervous too!! AND SOOOOOOEXCITED!

Thanks everyone for all the great advice! I'm actually really excited now, and it's really neat to know there are people having it on the same day or right after me! Good luck to everyone and can't wait to see you all on the post op boards!

Wish you the best of luck.. I am sure you will do fine! :thumbup:

Thanks so much! I am heading over to the Nov Bandsters now! LOL. And I'll be thinking about you on the 24th too! Nice to know that somewhere in the world someone is going to the same thing as me! :thumbup:

Im getting banded on the 24th as well. lets keep n touch

I was just banded last Thursday, Nov. 19 so I am still new at this. You'll do just fine. Be sure to take your pain meds regularly, especially for the first few days. Spoil yourself with extra rest and sleep but also be sure to get up and walk, walk, walk, about every two hours. This does help with the gas. I am using Gas-X chewable tablets and they do help also. Every day gets easier. The hardest part is getting in the Protein Shakes required along with other liquids. I'm not crazy about the Protein Drinks :thumbup: but will make myself get them in, as I have worked way too hard and too long to get this far. I want to do it right and not have any complications. This band and I are going to have to be good friends for a good long time so I'd better treat it right from the beginning. Also, I think it helps when you are laying down to put a pillow under your knees. That way your stomach doesn't get pulled so hard as it would be when you straighten your legs out without a pillow for some support.

Wishing you all the best on your upcoming date!! You'll do great!

I'm so excited to meet so many people going through the same thing as me! Absolutely we should all keep in touch! I've had laparoscopic surgery before so I remember the gas thing well... not looking forward to that again! lol. But like someone else said I've come too far to let little things like that get in my way! As for the Protein Shakes, I've found a few that I really like, then some others that are not so great.... just mix them around and you'll find one you love! Good luck! :thumbup:

:thumbup:

TODAY'S OUR DAY,and to quote a very wise fat man (Jackie Gleason)

"AND AWAY WE GOOOOO"

Best wishes to all! Cheryl :(

I'm officially banded! So excited! I'm headed over to the Post Op board! :thumbup:

I'm officially banded! So excited! I'm headed over to the Post Op board! :thumbup:

Me to, me to! I sincerely hope you feel as great as I do, and all went well with your surgery!

Cheryl