Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 2009 Band Date

Hey yall! just came on here to see how everyone is doing? I am such a hypochondraic with my band, I fear that i have stretched my pouch out! I eat like a pig even though I know I have restriction...On weekends I eat to the point of severe left shoulder pain! Its aweful! Anyways I am down 90 pounds...Mostly due to excersizing! I was wondering how you all are eating, post some of your meal plans :bolt: take care and wish you all big losses and lots of good health and success! xoxo katherine:wub:

J. I wish I could tell you about slippage. I can't say that I know. All I know is that I am in the predicament of not losing anymore weight myself. I am still exercising but I eat horribly. I am back on sweets hard. I have tried not to mess with them but it seems my body won't let me. I feel like a relapsed addict. I execise but I don't think that even that is enough. I work out about an hour and a half per day. I think that now I must up it til at least 2.5 per day just to lose weight. I know this to be true because I watch my intake and exercise both morning and afternoon and only lose 5 pounds. That discourage me for a while becuase that used to be and easy 10 pounds lost. I have only lost 70 pounds. I am sooo discourage at times. I don't know what else to do. All I know is I NEED to lose more weight and now I know I won't my 100 by my bandiversary.

Edited by Loveslady

Hi Everyone...I haven't posted for awhile due to some personal issues. It's motivating to read everyone's posts and see how well we are doing since last September. I am so much more healthy now than before. However, I am falling into the same trap a few of you mentioned - eating things that go down easily but are basically junk. That type of eating is not out of hunger. I haven't been exercising much so reading the posts about the dedicated exercise is also motivating. With our 1 year anniversary coming up in a little over 2 months, this is probably a good time to recommit to a healthy lifestyle and set realistic goals for September. Nice hearing that all of you are doing well!

Very interesting - it must be a mental thing - or being too tight. I started eating junk from being too tight.. but now its mental. I think from BEING too tight I was really not eating ANYTHING and when she finally loosened me I was too happy to be eating. I gained about 8 lbs. That's ok I'll lose it - worked too hard and I think about my new horse and how much my riding improved so that keeps me going. My down fall has been icecream I think maybe I should check into a support group. Or make use of the nutritionist at my dr's office. Totally having a sweet tooth!

Sounds like everyone is still plugging away at it, although I know it's not easy. I hit a plateau a few months back, I was alright with it since my husband and I were trying to conceive. Well I probably won't be on here for a while because I am finally pregnant. We've tried for 6 years and the surgery was a plus for helping with pregnancy. I am pregnant with twins so I probably won't be on here until January after they are delivered. I will surely need some motivation after a pregnancy weight gain. I have noticed that I am very conscious of what I eat, so hopefully I don't go overboard on my eating. :( Thanks for everyone's support through the first 9 months of "band life"!!

Congrats Hardy - so what do they do - do they unfill when pregnant?

Hey yall! just came on here to see how everyone is doing? I am such a hypochondraic with my band, I fear that i have stretched my pouch out! I eat like a pig even though I know I have restriction...On weekends I eat to the point of severe left shoulder pain! Its aweful! Anyways I am down 90 pounds...Mostly due to excersizing! I was wondering how you all are eating, post some of your meal plans :thumbup: take care and wish you all big losses and lots of good health and success! xoxo katherine:wub:

Have you done the esophagram yet? Some offices have patients do at 6 months - mine does it in a year. She wanted to check it a little sooner - I have had heartburn issues. In any case its not THAT much sooner but at sep 2.

Congrats Hardy - so what do they do - do they unfill when pregnant?

I went in for an unfill at 6 weeks and my surgeon said that he preferred to wait until there is an issue, either not gaining weight or an issue with vomiting.

His reasoning made total sense. He said that he likes to wait it out because an un-fill can cause me to fall back into eating what I want making me unhealthy, bringing back my high blood pressure and pre-diabetic issues. It is really healthier for the babies (as long as they are growing and gaining weight) if I remain healthy. They are growing as they should be (I am now 14 wks 4 days) so they are not worried what so ever. My weight fluctuates, but I've gained about 6 pounds since pregnancy. I don't think that's too bad with twins. They say I should gain between 35-45 pounds throughout the whole pregnancy. It is so scary to think of putting that many pounds back on but a great relief knowing I have my band to help me take it back off after I give birth.

I hope everyone makes their 1 year goals, I believe you all can do it! :(

I went in for an unfill at 6 weeks and my surgeon said that he preferred to wait until there is an issue, either not gaining weight or an issue with vomiting.

His reasoning made total sense. He said that he likes to wait it out because an un-fill can cause me to fall back into eating what I want making me unhealthy, bringing back my high blood pressure and pre-diabetic issues. It is really healthier for the babies (as long as they are growing and gaining weight) if I remain healthy. They are growing as they should be (I am now 14 wks 4 days) so they are not worried what so ever. My weight fluctuates, but I've gained about 6 pounds since pregnancy. I don't think that's too bad with twins. They say I should gain between 35-45 pounds throughout the whole pregnancy. It is so scary to think of putting that many pounds back on but a great relief knowing I have my band to help me take it back off after I give birth.

I hope everyone makes their 1 year goals, I believe you all can do it! :rolleyes2:

Congratulations! Enjoy your twins...what a double blessing.:w00t:

Hello all, I go in for my preop in the morning to give blood and meet with the dietician. I am 5'9 and about 384 pounds and so ready to get rid of some of this weight. The liquid diet prior to surgery scares the crap out of me but I think I can do it. If everything goes well, they gave me a tentative surgery date of september 15th. Medical wise, I have diabetes and high blood pressure and hope to lose both once I lose weight. I just need to lose to give me some motivation to even wanna work out. Wish me well!

Hey there everyone, I'm just checking in. I never posted as much back in the day but I hope to check in more. I've had a rough few months. NOt really loosing since last thanksgiving...ugh. Can't say I've been behaving either so I'm checking in to say I'm going to do better.

I haven't had a fill since April so I think that has a lot to do with it. I can eat a cow, horse and pig.... I'm hoping to loose another 10 by my 1 yr mark and get a small fill at my appoint.

take care and continue to make healthy choices.:(

Here I am, little over a month away from my Bandiversary and it has been a wonderful ride. I am about 10 lbs away from my goal weight. I hope to reach it before the end of the year. On New Years Eve I want it to be the first year that losing weight will NOT be one of my resolutions. That is my big goal.

How is everyone else doing now that our Bandiversary is approaching?

Hi gang - great to hear Nawlinzlady! I lost about 64 lbs - was more at one point like 70 or 72. BUT I got into overtight mode and heartburn issues (I can't tolerate more than 5.5 to 5.8 cc's). She took some out I gained the 8lbs but really i have not been in 'diet mode' more like woo hoo!! 20 lbs to go mode!!'. So that cost me. NOW i either had a complete UNFILL today ie. i have 2 cc's in and I don't know if that is basically the primer or 2 cc's in the band i think its primer really. Went in for the barium swallow and w/ PMS I started having the heartburn night issues though to be honest if i stop eating 3 hours before sleeping I would have probably avoided all the inflammation that resulted. It didn't seem tight but something was wrong. Well I'm glad it didn't slip and my goal is to not gain too much and eat well over the next 3 weeks!

Hello all! I just got my approval yesterday and my surgery date is 9-13! I'm very excited about doing this and im looking forward to getting to know people that are right there along with me! we can do it!:)

Today is a day of celebration for me. I have lost 50 lbs and now only 9lbs from my goal weight.

:):w00t::):w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

Today is a day of celebration for me. I have lost 50 lbs and now only 9lbs from my goal weight.

:):w00t::):w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

woo hoo congrats DEE!!!

I too will be banded in September. I am a 27 year old wife and mother of 2. I am also a teacher and grad student.

My mother and father just got banded, my mom in March and my dad in April. She has lost 55 lbs and he has lost 88 lbs!

I am very nervous that it isn't going to work, or that try as I may I will not be able to get my mind and my body on the same page. I have been working on loosing weight since I can remember...

I too will be banded in September. I am a 27 year old wife and mother of 2. I am also a teacher and grad student.

My mother and father just got banded, my mom in March and my dad in April. She has lost 55 lbs and he has lost 88 lbs!

I am very nervous that it isn't going to work, or that try as I may I will not be able to get my mind and my body on the same page. I have been working on loosing weight since I can remember...

Cala I think you are looking for the September 2010 thread, good luck with your banding!

I'm thinking a lot about this September. I'm finding it motivating to get to goal weight. An online program says that I will get to my goal weight on October 19th, which would be fine, too.

I wish some of us could get together. I can't afford to travel far from the west coast.

I belong to TOPS, and I noticed they are having a retreat in Arizona in March, 2011. I'd sure like to be there.

I've been reading a lot about rebound weight gain. I am unable to exercise much because of a spinal disease, etc. But it sounds like I really need to work on the lean muscle, so I'm going to pick up some exercise bands my next trip in town. I do a lot of little walks, and I'm going in next week for an injection that will hopefully make it easier for me to take more aerobically based walks.

I hope to hear how all of you are doing. Especially if you are having difficulties! This year hasn't been easy, and I keep working on the rules. I have to log to know that I'm getting enough Protein and Water. And fiber....