Hello! Welcome to the Largest Bariatric Surgery Community Online!

Welcome to BariatricPal.com, the largest weight loss surgery social network in the world! Our goal is to provide a unique platform for patients and potential patients alike that enables you to make informed choices involving your surgery decisions as well as providing you the support you need to meet your goals. Sign up now to access exclusive member features!

Join our community. It's free!

Betrayal is a BITCH

Views
Started by mumof2boys, May 15, 2008 7:23 AM
773 replies to this topic
773 replies to this topic

Catalystmb

• Surgery: LAP-BAND
Posted May 15, 2008 - 12:50 PM

A wonderful and supportive(and informative) web resource is
survivinginfidelity.com

Just like we can come here to LBT and receive support from those "in the know" they can offer you support through their own experiences.

The most important thing this minute is for you to take care of YOU. You might not be able to sleep, eat etc...

mumof2boys

• Surgery Date: Apr 2007
  • Starting Weight: 275 lbs
  • Weight Lost: 125 lbs
  • Current Weight: 150 lbs
  • Goal Weight: 145 lbs
  • BMI: 25
Posted May 15, 2008 - 1:14 PM

Actually, I have already joined survivinginfidelity.com...that's why I haven't been here in a while. I can't stop crying today and I can't get rid of this anger...I hate this so much!!!!

MSnika3

Waiting for restriction!

Posted May 15, 2008 - 1:47 PM

Mum,
Follow your heart, and pray. If God led you to it, he will lead you through it. Please believe that. Good luck to you in this lap band journey and especially with your marriage. I will keep you, your husband, and your boys in my prayers.

Mal

I LOVE MY BUSTER!

• My Blogs
Posted May 15, 2008 - 2:06 PM

Tina~I am so sorry to hear about your pain. I wish I had words of wisdom for you. I just want you to know that you are in my thoughts.

newhope4me

• Surgery Date: Mar 2008
  • Starting Weight: 205 lbs
  • Weight Lost: 56 lbs
  • Current Weight: 149 lbs
  • Goal Weight: 120 lbs
  • BMI: 27.2
Posted May 18, 2008 - 8:43 PM

(((BIG HUGS)))

i hate that you are going through this! i've been there, i was married for 10 yrs to a cheating, drug addicted, abusive a$$! i was so codependent, it took me 10 years to leave him and only then it was for my daughter, i did not want her to grow up to marry someone like her dad and that convinced me she was not going to grow up with him in the house.

I think right now you are doing the right thing, you aren't jumping to any rash decisions, you are seeking counseling. but in your first post you stated "I thought that my husband was proud of me and thought that I was looking good...guess not, huh? Joke's on me!!!" Don't think like that, you are looking good, he's just a man that doesnt realize he's got a good thing and gave into a weakness. I am not defending him by any means! but it is not your fault!

My daughter was my strength. i had 2 boys with thier dad, then after 10 yrs of marriage found out that the baby i was having was a girl. i knew i didnt want her growing up in the same atmosphere as the boys did. many girls grow up and marry men like thier fathers, if my daughter did, i would probably kill the guy. the day after the sonogram i told her dad, you either change now, or i am leaving. by the time she was a year old, we were divorced. i regret i wasnt strong enough for my boys to do it sooner, but then i wouldnt have my daughter. i never wanted my boys to go through a divorce (after seeing the pain my nephews went thru because of a divorce) but the divorce was the best thing that ever happened to us.

it was extremely hard as a single mom, once the 4 of us were even homeless for 4 months, but i worked us through it. Now i am remarried, but i have trust issues, it affects my relationship now, thankfully hubby is patient.

personally i've never heard of a cheater who only did it once. i work around a lot of people who have been married for more than 30-40 years, i always want to ask them if there was ever any infidelity, to see if they worked through it. but i don't think thats something most people are open to discuss. (also, back then, it was kinda expected to work through it)

i wish you luck, and confidence and strength. we are here for you!

mumof2boys

• Surgery Date: Apr 2007
  • Starting Weight: 275 lbs
  • Weight Lost: 125 lbs
  • Current Weight: 150 lbs
  • Goal Weight: 145 lbs
  • BMI: 25
Posted May 19, 2008 - 7:36 AM

Well...the weekend went alright until last night when I started again with my out of the blue crying. I think that I'm falling into a deep depression and it's killing me. I can't believe that he has done this to me. I never expected such behavior from him. I truly thought that this is the one thing that I would never have to worry about. Does the pain ever go away? Does it ever get better? Anyone out there go through this and have their marriage work? I have told him that one of two things will happen. 1) Divorce or 2) the best, most honest, kick-ass marriage on the planet. Damn...this sucks.

I truly appreciate everyones support. I will not let this break me. Either way I will come out a stronger person and I will have a wonderful life...with or without him in it. All good wishes and prayers and welcome!!!

vgerbus

Posted May 19, 2008 - 10:59 AM

I am so sorry that you are going through this. I had a similar situation happen and things can work out if that is what you want. My initial step was a divorce and 6 months later and lots of soul searching and counseling together and apart we remarried and have been together since. Married in 91, divorced in 96, and remarried in 97. That is not to say that it has been a cake walk but it is so much better. There is more to my story but I won't bore everyone with the details but you can email me privately if you want to talk.

LaMonica

~LaMonica

• Surgeon: Frank Felts
  • Surgery Date: May 2008
  • Starting Weight: 280
  • Weight Lost: 38
  • Current Weight: 242
  • Goal Weight: 170
  • BMI: 37.9
Posted May 19, 2008 - 1:03 PM

I am still going through rebuilding, or trying to reconcile, and it is very difficult. But at least now my husband is putting in more effor to correct things he has done and improve his outlook to what it needs to be. The pain does get "better" but as for me it's been 4 months and of course it doesn't go away. I joined SI too and I find a lot of good articles and people in similar situations which ended in all kinds of ways. I do know that any way it ends will be difficult, but not the end of your life. Make sure to have individual counseling to work on YOU....and your perspective will be sad, but not as depressed if that maeks sense. IM me if you need to talk!

juliegeraci

• My Blogs
Posted May 19, 2008 - 1:22 PM

The best thing you can do is go to counseling and learn to forgive. Once that is done then your marriage will be stronger. It happened to me 2 years ago and our marriage has never been stronger. Good luck.

Blund

Michibander

• Surgeon: Michael Nizzi
  • Surgery Date: Apr 2008
  • Starting Weight: 247
  • Weight Lost: 47
  • Current Weight: 200
  • Goal Weight: 160
  • BMI: 30.4
Posted May 19, 2008 - 1:47 PM

So sorry for your pain. Like most everyone here, I went through it, but thankfully had no kids. We ended up divorced after 7 years of marriage. I wanted to make it work so badly, but he refused to quit seeing her (and they worked together!) and resisted counseling, so I went by myself. The shrink finally told me that my head was in the right place and his wasn't, and hinted that my X wasnt worth it. I really hated the sense of "failure" I felt. I'm so glad we didnt have kids. Now I'm married to a wonderful man and have 3 great kids. If I wouldn't have gone through my divorce, I probably would never have met my current husband. Having kids now, I could not IMAGINE doing anything to jepordize our family!
I know its what everyone's telling you, but wether or not you get back together, it will take time for you to heal. And HE is the one who did this so HE has to deal with whatever you need him to do to regain trust.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      Jul 29
    Chubalicious

I have 2 more weeks...what shall I be doing as of now??? Any diet plans for a...

Show comments (1)
View All Updates

Trending Topics