Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bandsters in/near Kaiserslautern Germany

Hey Guys,

I am in Wiesbaden. I've communicated with Armywife and Katja. Good to see you all here, too. I was banded by Dr. Weiner, too. My surgery experience wasn't bad. I hope he gives me a fill. I've lost 21-23 pounds already but I am still on liquids. I am scared to move to solids. I know what kinds of damage my eating habits can do. I heard that Prof. Weiner is the best but I will say he prefers the bypass. I lay in the hospital thinking I had chosen the wrong surgery until my neighbor who has the bypass was admitted for intestinal blockage. Whew, I got my confirmation.

Armywife, what foods did you have during your liquid days? I'm bored with chicken broth and applesauce and yogurt with no fruit. Did you move to mushies? He doesn't explain things very well. Can I use slimfast as my Protein shake? It's easier to buy straight from the commissary. How was it when he took out your stitches?

Katja, did you have your Tummy Tuck yet? Hope it was successful if you did.

I know I've said alot but I do have lots of questions. Thanks everyone for listening and I'm open to advice from anyone.

Hello! So glad to see you all on here!

We moved to Germany in December. It took forever to get a referal to get my band adjusted here. My doc in the states was VERY conservative about my fills. I was only at 4ccs and no restriction at all when I left (had surgery Aug 08 in Arkansas).

I had a really good experience with Prof Weiner. There were some major differences in a German hospital than I am used to. I have a second appointment with him in a few weeks. In April his assistant added 4 ccs and boy had the weight fallen off since then!

Anyone want to get together sometime? We live a ways out from base (close to Waldfishbach) but Hubby is stationed at Ramstein and I am getting ready to start a new job at LRMC.

Hello I just got approved today I will have the surgery soon, I beleive we spoke but lost what thread we were in. I work at lodging in Lanstuhl, would love to meet you I have so many questions, I'm nerveous and excited please give me a call at 06373-892585 My surgent said once I'm approved he needs about 2 weeks to get me in so maybe end of Oct or beginning Nov.

Tina, welcome to the jourrney!! Congrats on your approval. You and I haven't spoken before, but please feel free to email me w/ any questions you might have.

I HIGHLY recommend getting the book "weight loss surgery for dummies". This was required reading by my surgeon (in the US) before he would approve for surgery and it answered so many things. from the technical stuff, to lifestyle stuff.

It's very affordable on Amazon.com.< /p>

Again, shoot me an email if you have any burning questions: n.l.watson@hotmail.com

good luck!

Thank you for the info on the book I will get it I love to read so it will be nice to learn more on the subject. I will have my surgery on 29 Oct at St. Johannis in Landstuhl. Was it painfull and for how long? How much have you lost if you dont mind me asking. It was nice to speak to you.

did you pm me my computer showed something but woudnt let me open by new tab so i should have open on the same page I think. I'm knew to this and dont understand how it all works. So I might need simply instructions.

Hello everyone! This is my first post and I have a few questions. I am in Kaiserslautern and I am really wanting to get the Lap-Band. Who do I need to call first to get the ball rolling? Ramstein Clinic? My husband is stationed at Ramstein. I am so happy to find other women in the same area that have gone through this already!

Jenn,

Hello I'm working on Landstuhl Post and am a CIV I just got the lap band done about 6 weeks ago. If you want you can call me this afternoon after 16:00 at 06373-892585 I can give you all the details. I think you have to go thru Tri-care, but their is a local Doctor that does a awesome job right here at the St. Johanas hospital in Landstuhl. If you call I can give you his number, so you dont have to go to frankfurt or some where not local. Talk to you soon.

If you're considering LapBand, you must start with your GP first.

Lapband.com has excellent resources and how to get started advice.

Check it out.

I actually made my first appointment. It is next Tuesday. I am so excited to get the ball rolling on this!

My doctor is DR. Schultz from St. Johannis 06371-84-2301 he is the cheif of surgery and a wonderful doc and speaks very good English, the hospital and nurses are great.

Is anyone still on here? I am hoping to get banded in April. I live in Kaisernslautern. I have to go to Dr. Weiner.