Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Plastic Surgery Terms for Weight Loss Patients

I go to see plastic surgeon monday for reduction

If I must depend on insurance, the case closed! I plan to self pay as I did with the sleeve. I am ready now to get this done!

I have been using Nursing pads (NUK) large, inside my bra for incision drainage they are working great so far.

I lost 300 pounds and keep it off and I 10 years Graduate.

I have documentation with my Doctor on all the issues!

I know my Insurance will approve all my reconstruction surgeries!

What the process get started?

Thank you

Sherri

Congrats Sherri, well done. I can tell you one thing, insurance has changed incredibly since I began my weight loss journey. I had a reduction and lift 10 mos. ago for breasts. Process was to find a plastic surgeon in my network, make an appt. go see, I know your problems are the same that most all of us have had. My surgeon had a form to check off everything, and it really was just about everything we have going on which I call 'the issue with the extra tissue'. Next step was my primary sent one page from two years ago that showed I had gone to see him and in that visit had X problem and he had noted 'plastic surgeon?' Sent that to the plastic surgeon who submitted photos, my form I filled out. They were so confident it was covered, they booked the surgery date my first visit. So they submitted the paperwork, images and surgery date for authorization, approved in I want to say less than 2 weeks. I have Humana.
i had my breast reduction on May 12th ,6 days ago i went for follow up today dr says looks great & will remove stitches next Tuesday. Minimal pain but some is expected i know ,its all worth the pain & will only last temporarily. .

Ive had two children. My son i had at 16 yrs old. hes 17 almost 18 and my daughter is 7. Up and downs with weight my whole life im a yr and a half in loosing. But i think id loose 60 to 70 lbs with a panni. I have a consultation next tuesday to discuss my options... Hooefully insurence was approved. I read online alot of info but the requirements vs the medical need are kinda obsurd. I dont have rashes but impacts me physcially other ways... The fupa is an issue regardless... But i just hope that its approved so i can wear pants that fit and not itch under my fupa and the smell is discouraging. Even of i wash the smell the itch is enough to drive me insane.... Anyone whos gottsn approval from medicaid pls let me know how and what ur doc sent in?? Is it as bad as they make it seem or will pics and my weight loss and docs recommendation enough?

I am 9 days post opt from Tummy Tuck with muscle repair and I'm doing great , I feel so confident and glad the extra skin is gone . Good luck to all who is seeking to have this surgury.

I am 9 days post opt from tummy tuck with muscle repair and I'm doing great , I feel so confident and glad the extra skin is gone . Good luck to all who is seeking to have this surgury.

Has anyone lost the weight and not need to have their apron removed? I hope so, after this I don't know if I want to go under the knife again.

I wonder the same question and feel the exact same way!!! I'm scared to do it this time but sure am not looking to do it again and again. :mellow:

I'm not sure because everyone body is different I exercise 2 hours a day for 7 days a week and couldn't loose the stomach all the way the loose skin was there and it had to hi also the over hanging skin can lead to infections .

I never thought that I would have surgury again but once you see, now beautiful your hard work pays off and you have that extra skin hangings your going yo want it off .

I had a consult with a plastic surgeon about a year ago now about a breast augmentation and a Tummy Tuck. I thought that I could get by with just a standard tummy tuck but boy was I mistaken. I learned that I would need what was called a lower body lift. This requires a full incision around your waist (right at your bely button all the way around) in order to remove the extra skin from around that section. What the results would be is tightening and flattening out that tummy area along with lifting your thighs and butt a bit. I am definitely going to so this in the future I just need to loose about 20 more pounds and save up some money for it as it is a big costly. I would love to donate the extra skin that I do have to a burn center and I will be looking into that when the time comes.

As for the other surgery, I got that done in January, and could not be more happy with them. My doctor says they are perfect and have settled amazingly. It is quite the confidence booster and I am really excited about everything else in the future.

Question---Who says when your weight loss is complete? your surgeon? or yourself? for me, I might say 40 or 50 lbs is where I want to be, my surgeon might say 80???

so who gets to decide???

On 2/27/2017 at 10:07 AM, bv33 said:

Question---Who says when your weight loss is complete? your surgeon? or yourself? for me, I might say 40 or 50 lbs is where I want to be, my surgeon might say 80???

so who gets to decide???

I believe that this is for surgeries approved by insurance. The appropriate weight would then be determined by the doctor. It may also be determined by the doctor in self pay procedures as well. Fluctuations in weight can undo a lot of the work the plastic surgeon does so they want to make sure you're at a stable weight for the best long term results.