Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Worst Experience so far?

Constipation the first few months sucked. But, it really was a minor issue compared to all the positive changes since surgery. So glad I did it!

I used Senokot S and take 6 @a time. I take lyrica and Verapamil and both are Constipation. I just use every third day and go a few hours later. I used to take them twice a day but I hate going all day long. I find it convenient to just go once!!!!
I have been this way for years so most people need less than 6. Start low and go slow and gradually increase the dose of pills until you get it. I buy 1000 at a time on Amazon.

My worst experience thus far has been:

1) My case manager leaving to another city, and being stuck with a control freak case manager assigned to me. Being the proactive person I am, I made sure to change immediately after meeting her and giving her the bad news when she tried to follow up on the dietitian's demands.

2) A dietitian who freaks out. Not conducive to lifestyle changes whatsoever.

Both of these people were in the minority by a long shot, when I have my surgeon, internist, family doctor, hepatologist, and every other person in the medical industry i see absolutely thrilled at the reversal of my health problems and massive weight loss at the same time, two control freaks are mad because they have a rather large ego and I'm the type of person who smashes those. Already changed case manager after telling her to piss off, but the dietitian who threatened to derail my surgery, I made sure I have one post-op appointment with her before changing to another dietitian (already have appointments with the new one as well) so I can tell her how well I did while completely ignoring her pre-op diet commands. Whether she wants to be humble about it or not is irrelevant to me, either way, she'll get a dose of reality that she controls no one.

As someone who had a surgeon problem, I can understand and commiserate well. I am so very sorry about the personalities.

17 hours ago, PatientEleventyBillion said:

My worst experience thus far has been:

1) My case manager leaving to another city, and being stuck with a control freak case manager assigned to me. Being the proactive person I am, I made sure to change immediately after meeting her and giving her the bad news when she tried to follow up on the dietitian's demands.

2) A dietitian who freaks out. Not conducive to lifestyle changes whatsoever.

Both of these people were in the minority by a long shot, when I have my surgeon, internist, family doctor, hepatologist, and every other person in the medical industry i see absolutely thrilled at the reversal of my health problems and massive weight loss at the same time, two control freaks are mad because they have a rather large ego and I'm the type of person who smashes those. Already changed case manager after telling her to piss off, but the dietitian who threatened to derail my surgery, I made sure I have one post-op appointment with her before changing to another dietitian (already have appointments with the new one as well) so I can tell her how well I did while completely ignoring her pre-op diet commands. Whether she wants to be humble about it or not is irrelevant to me, either way, she'll get a dose of reality that she controls no one.

My worst experience so far was the horrific pain I woke up to after surgery. The pain was terrible and not managed well with the medications I received in the hospital. I stayed for four days due to the pain and inability to drink fluids due to nausea. I was up ten pounds from the IV fluids.

My experience with pain does not seem to be typical. I do not respond to most pain relievers for some reason :/

I am sorry you had so much pain. 4 days is a long time to be in pain and miserable. I do remember them telling me to breathe after I got out of surgery. I had never felt so relaxed in my life and I was thinking...no, I'm good. Then the pain hit and I started yelling the F- word. The pain was stopped immediately and for the remaining 2 days of my stay. But I usually respond well to pain medication.

One month out tommorow and I would say Constipation is the only thing and some ear popping when I swallow.

3 minutes ago, erica_ozzy73 said:

The depression!!... it's horrible. I haven't felt right since surgery

It's painful. I am a worried about my future health, and it's all just dark now.

Four months of misery.

Stalls

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using BariatricPal mobile app

My worst experience so far was the horrific pain I woke up to after surgery. The pain was terrible and not managed well with the medications I received in the hospital. I stayed for four days due to the pain and inability to drink fluids due to nausea. I was up ten pounds from the IV fluids.
My experience with pain does not seem to be typical. I do not respond to most pain relievers for some reason :/

I'm 4 days post-op and I woke up in extreme pain as well. Fortunately, I can't really remember the pain the same day as surgery because I was well sedated, but I do have flash memories of crying out in pain for a prolonged period of time and having the medical team and my family around me.

Even though I walked two miles my first day at surgery, I still had an additional 8-9 (pain scale) episode of gas pain. I stayed two nights at the hospital out of fear I might have another episode and no access to the right IV drugs to end it.

Other than that, the last four days have been very tolerable.

My worst experience was the first 3 days, nausea, pain , throwing up, was just miserable, had to stay an extra day, nothing would stay down, so thankful the staff were awesome, so nice ,

The gas [emoji31]

Surgery: 04/11/17

SW:257
CW: 240
GW: 150