Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are ya'll spending Thanksgiving? My first sleevedgiving :P

This will be my first Thanksgiving being sleeved! I had my surgery done June 15th, 2015 and started at 288. I'm now at 205. I'm feeling lighter in more ways than just physical. My mood has changed and I am more confident in myself... I'm in such a better place than I was one year ago.

I'm wondering how all of you are spending your Thanksgiving? And to those who have been sleeved for more than a year, how is Thanksgiving different than it used to be? I know I won't be overloading my plate this year. I'll also be working 5pm-12am so there won't be time for me to even pig out (not that I would anyway) :P

Enjoy xoxox

I look forward to hearing about your Thanksgiving stories and progress in general

Edited by cuchas

I was a little over 3 months out from surgery last year, so Thanksgiving was not too big of a deal. I could literally only eat spoonfuls of food and be full. I think I had a nice loss of like 3 pounds that week because I had a few more carbs than I normally did that day :)

Now at 15 months out, I can eat a little more than a few spoonfuls. I can also graze with the best of them, so I'm really going to have to watch that this year. But I'm sticking to my plan mostly. Turkey, veggies and a sweet potato instead of mashed potatoes. I may have a bite of pie if I've got room. We shall see ;)

Happy Thanksgiving!!

I will be kicking off my first Thanksgiving since being sleeved with a 5K! :) I figure after that I can have a bit of turkey & meat stuffing ... Protein, right?!?!

I'm only 5 weeks in - so it's Turkey and String Beans here. Staying aware of not drinking while eating will be the biggest challenge this year, I think (except for the Mac-&-Cheese - a favorite since childhood). Stay alert and try to create new habits!

My first Thanksgiving since the sleeve also. I am really just looking forward to the turkey. That will fill me and if room may have some sweet potato and veggies. If not it's turkey all the way, to me that is the best part anyway. Happy Thanksgiving to all

I'm on my preop diet for thanksgiving! A little bummed but we did do a thanksgiving dinner 2 weeks ago. I'll be home by myself sipping on my Protein Shake and watching football.

I'm preop, so it will be the same as previous years. We co-host with another couple at their home. This year there will be 18 of us. I've been prepping for a couple weeks, starting with making and pressure canning four quarts of turkey stock and ending with our annual pie-a-palooza. Two of my best pals and I made five pies and a lemon tart. We always make enough food to feed several armies so that folks can take leftovers home, especially pie.

The best part of last night is that I told them both that I'm having surgery and they were great about it. I was afraid they'd worry and I asked them not to.

Next year will be a whole different ballgame. I will be almost a year out. I've never been a huge eater on holidays. I'm always so busy working with the food that I am very distracted from actually eating it!

I was sleeved on 11/17 and still on the liquid diet So mine is going to consist of a cup of chicken broth and a sugar free Popsicle! But my mom is here taking care of me so I've made her a roast chicken and asparagus and baked bananas.

I'm on my preop diet for thanksgiving! A little bummed but we did do a thanksgiving dinner 2 weeks ago. I'll be home by myself sipping on my Protein shake and watching football.

Same here. I'm only 1-week Post-Op and my wife is during her Pre-Op, so we both enjoyed some Cream of Chicken Protein Soup for our Thanksgiving meal.

It was alright. 11 months out. I am sorry I did eat a tiny tiny bit of bread but, man oh man I was like a small spoon full of this, a tiny spoonful of that.

I was sleeved 11/24 - two days before thanksgiving. I got out the following night and spend thanksgiving with my family but I was on the couch. I have since been able to eat a few Popsicles and some Water. Today I tried to have some of a Protein Shake and it wasn't happening so I'm sticking to Popsicles water and some pain meds when necessary. I'm wondering if I'm eating too much though because I feel as though I'm stretching the pouch but I can't tell if that's the gas or not. I can't tell if I'm hungry most days and am very confused ????

Have to say, yesterday went sooooo much better than I anticipated! Reached a new personal best on my 5K and had a few bites of several different foods before I was full.

How did y'all do??

I put a spoon of what ever I wanted on my plate but by the time I finished the turkey and had a bite of the ham I never made it to the rest lol, it was on my plate so I felt like I had it lol. I am only 2 and a half months out so like Babs, the true test will be next year.

Edited by smb1966

I did really well, with the big exception of a large piece of Turkey skin. I didn't overeat, and literally just tasted the pumpkin pie. I did get a huge kick out of my sister, the hostess for the large gathering. I had told her a couple months back that if I overeat, I will throw up. She must have told everyone, don't push Jeanne to eat another bite! Everyone knew I'd been sleeved, and was great about it. Loss of compliments for my 101 pound loss.

Thanks for all the replies!!! I love hearing how other people's holiday went. Especially those sleeved like me.

I, unfortunately, did not get to Celebrate ThanksGiving. I was working all through it (believe it or not we closed at 12am) and Black Friday as well. Once I got home, there was not much food left. Just a small portion which was actually good! I wouldn't have been able to eat like I did last year anyway. Christmas was the same. I didn't each much nor did I miss it. I don't even crave the sweets that gets passed around during dessert. In fact, I kindly declined. I have so much willpower now. I love being sleeved!