Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lap Band Fills / Adjustment Info

Hi There, I too was suffering the same as you at one time. You stated " I could not sleep with the Fluid just coming up or felling like I was choking at night as I tried to sleep. I now sleep with my head raised on my pillow, what products do you use? " My FP prescribed me Prilosec for heartburn. It did help alot at times some. When I had my regular checkin with my Lapband dr. I told him of my symtoms. He removed some fulid and told me to stop taking the Prilosec. For my being over filled was causing the same symtoms you are describing.

Yeah, I lost the weight, but at what cost. Not eating, PBing and the burning sensation in my chest was not worth it. So, you may want to reconsider getting some of the fluid removed. And yes, you will get there as we all will. Remember, this is only a tool we have to use it properly.

I just moved to Nashville from CA... I am also looking for a doctor in the area for fill/unfill.

Cash patient- no longer covered by the insurance I had when banded.

Have been suffering from constant heartburn for far too long...

HELP~

I was banded in MX. I live in Texas near San Antonio. Are there any doctors in San Antonio that will do fills on me. I have been to one doctor in San Antonio but he is very conservative with fills. Furthermore, I feel scolded by him when I do the drink test and tell him it went right through me quickly. Ugh! So frustrating because its expensive to get a fill.

Try Dr Duperier at BMI of Texas in SA medical center--they watch you drink before and after fill to see restriction--they are on Huebner Rd

Hey any info?? I have had my band for 6 yrs. was starting to gain a little so had it tightened. I then started having reflex and aspirating They done a GBI (?)after removing all restriction. The dio was "the upper part is dilated" what is next?????? Dr. didn't tell me much. Will I be able to be "filled" again? You think the part that is dilated go to normal? HELP

Fascinating and valuable resd! Thank you!

This is very comprehensive... thank you!

Hey any info?? I have had my band for 6 yrs. was starting to gain a little so had it tightened. I then started having reflex and aspirating They done a GBI (?)after removing all restriction. The dio was "the upper part is dilated" what is next?????? Dr. didn't tell me much. Will I be able to be "filled" again? You think the part that is dilated go to normal? HELP

Hi Ramona: I have been banded 2 years and never had a fill. Lately I have gained about 10 lbs. and need help before it gets too late.... Every time I ask for a fill they tell me "no" I don't need it just make better choices. I got the band to assist me with my choices. Just concerned about pushing for a fill....don't want to create more problems with myself.....What is a GBI? Did your dilation of the band every get resolved? Chris

I have had two fills and I have a realize band and it is a 11cc so far I am doing fine but I think I will have to go back soon for a another fill cause i am staying at a steady weight of 287 so time for a fill I believe but I hate when I go in cause when they do the procedure they say I feel the reaction like when someone gets stuck and my blood pressure drops I so hate that but once it is over and they check me to make sure I am ok they send me home. lol

I had a leaking port and when it was replaced if was moved to my left hand side. Since then the surgeon has real difficulty finding the port for fills, it hurts getting the needle inserted and feels almost gristly. Twice I have gotten an infection and needed antibiotics as I had blood pooling in the tissue around the port area where the needle had been inserted many times to find the port. With the original port fills were a piece of cake. Needle in and out and done, same surgeon has been involved from the start. What could be causing this issue