Hello! Welcome to the Largest Bariatric Surgery Community Online!

Welcome to BariatricPal.com, the largest weight loss surgery social network in the world! Our goal is to provide a unique platform for patients and potential patients alike that enables you to make informed choices involving your surgery decisions as well as providing you the support you need to meet your goals. Sign up now to access exclusive member features!

Join our community. It's free!

Lap Band Fills / Adjustment Info

Views
Started by Penni60, Nov 09, 2004 3:36 PM
580 replies to this topic
580 replies to this topic

kaybug

• Surgery: LAP-BAND
  • My Blogs
Posted April 4, 2006 - 9:59 PM

good luck on that 40 more u can do it im want to thank u all this support group helps a lot u all really keep my going and looking forward to the day i can post my before and after pic good luck to u all and thanks a million

laural

Posted April 19, 2006 - 1:34 AM

Are getting the fills painful?

laural

Posted April 19, 2006 - 1:39 AM

can anyone tell me about the actual surgery? Is it local anesthesia or are you completely knocked out. I understand that the actual procedure only takes about 30 minutes and that some people can go home the same day. How do you feel "post op"?

MelodyJ

Posted April 19, 2006 - 6:57 AM

Laural: My procedure was in Dalton,GA in an outpatient surgical center. I was there by 8am I believe and home (hotel) by 3pm. THe surgery took about 30-45min I am told. I took a bit to wake up enough to not need oxygen...have always liked my sleep! :confused: I was hurting honestly....but I was up walking within an hour or so. I took 3 walks, drank a cup of juice then was released to go sleep it off! I was given hydrocodone syrup for the pain and this helped. Each day got easier and easier. I don't believe I was taking pain meds longer than 4 days....and after the 2nd day or so was slowing down on how much I was taking. I bought OTC liquid Tylenol and was able to take in place of the Hydrocodone quite soon. For gas I used Maalox Max which caused me to have diarrhea but moved the gas!! :) I walked further and further each day....sometimes you gotta push yourself more than others! Hope this helps!
God Bless,
Melody
Banded 3/20/06 -31lbs :)

michmouse

Posted April 19, 2006 - 10:42 AM

My surgery also took about 40 min. It was done in the hospital, I was under general anesthesia, so yes, completely knocked out. As with the last post, you spend a few hours in recovery to wake up, drink something and walk, then usually are released. You just have to have your oxygen level above 90 (is what I was told)
The fills are not really painful. I use the word uncomfortable. The only part that hurt me a tiny bit was when the needle initially goes in, then just some pressure with them trying to find the port. The hardest part for me is if I need to be in a crunch position, or lift my legs. All in all, no big deal. Good luck! :confused:

kaybug

• My Blogs
Posted April 19, 2006 - 11:06 AM

today i had the fill he said he put 4 cc in my band now the questions r u suppose to be hungry because i couldn't eat before i had my tighing so im hungry but i fell like im full up to my throat i was 360 now im 340 so not a big change but its coming off slow but surly i figure this is 20 pounds that will never come back

lisanjason

Posted May 3, 2006 - 11:58 PM

I was banded Feb 20,06,had my first fill April 3th ,a fill of 1.8cc.Did have a flouro and noticed the barium slowed alot but went home and never felt restriction.Waited 4 weeks and went for my 2nd fill yesterday and when Dr tryed to withdrawal the old fill he found that it was completely empty,he commented that "he didn't understand why it was empty but didn't like it at all" he then proceeded to fill me with 2cc which was too tight ,took out .2 then sent me home! How do I know if I have a leak? Today I have very good restriction but I don't know if it's because of the swelling from filling that was way too tight,me throwing up water and barium then withdrawling .2cc I don't know what to do to check for a leak or what I should ask of the Dr besides the obvious but after he filled me back up,he didn't seem worried anymore but I am very worried.Has anyone ever had this experience?

Marilyn

Posted May 4, 2006 - 8:41 AM

Had my first fill yesterday. Didn't hurt at all as my doc used local anaesthetic. He gave me 2cc and I could feel the tightening of the band while he is injecting. One jab and that's it. His advice is to stay on liquid for 3 days followed by 3 days of mushies.

Honestly I find it difficult to just stay on liquids and my stomach was rumbling the whole day. In the end, I added some very well cooked carrots and chicken into the soup for dinner. :phanvan

Hopefully I will be a good a good girl and stay on liquid tmr.

Cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      Jul 23
    pupichupi

So I noticed that when I am stressed out, my stomach tightens up and I can...

Show comments (1)
  • Photo
      Jul 23
    pinky4652

i am almost 4months out and just curious how many calories am i supposed to b...

Show comments (2)
  • Photo
      Jul 23
    BladeFox

Things are going in the right direction now I need to work on building muscle...

Show comments (2)
View All Updates

Trending Topics