Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lap Band Fills / Adjustment Info

today i had the fill he said he put 4 cc in my band now the questions r u suppose to be hungry because i couldn't eat before i had my tighing so im hungry but i fell like im full up to my throat i was 360 now im 340 so not a big change but its coming off slow but surly i figure this is 20 pounds that will never come back

I was banded Feb 20,06,had my first fill April 3th ,a fill of 1.8cc.Did have a flouro and noticed the barium slowed alot but went home and never felt restriction.Waited 4 weeks and went for my 2nd fill yesterday and when Dr tryed to withdrawal the old fill he found that it was completely empty,he commented that "he didn't understand why it was empty but didn't like it at all" he then proceeded to fill me with 2cc which was too tight ,took out .2 then sent me home! How do I know if I have a leak? Today I have very good restriction but I don't know if it's because of the swelling from filling that was way too tight,me throwing up Water and barium then withdrawling .2cc I don't know what to do to check for a leak or what I should ask of the Dr besides the obvious but after he filled me back up,he didn't seem worried anymore but I am very worried.Has anyone ever had this experience?

Had my first fill yesterday. Didn't hurt at all as my doc used local anaesthetic. He gave me 2cc and I could feel the tightening of the band while he is injecting. One jab and that's it. His advice is to stay on liquid for 3 days followed by 3 days of mushies.

Honestly I find it difficult to just stay on liquids and my stomach was rumbling the whole day. In the end, I added some very well cooked carrots and chicken into the Soup for dinner. :phanvan

Hopefully I will be a good a good girl and stay on liquid tmr.

Cheers

Geegee

A fluoro fill is when it's done under an "xray".

My doc had me lie on a table and they have the machine above you. He can see what's going on in there, and he does the fill that way. It is much easier and he can get a better idea of how much of a fill to give you. I wish all my fills could be done that way! :confused:

thanks michmouse,,i am self pay so couldnt afford that,,but ty for replying...83lbs to go..shooting for 170..thats a about a size 14 for me,,,,wooohooo keep on trucking bandsters..

I just had my second fill today ....hubby and I had lapband surgery on March 24th...He's lost 35 lbs and me only 16 since then...The web site you mentioned helped me to realize that this month, I have done what is necessary...Dr. thought that I possible was eating too much, and that hasn't been the case...I can eat meat and most things....even a tiny amt of penni low carb pasta...I eat the meat first, veggies, etc...I REALLY DID NEED MY FILL...I have a 10cc band, with a 2 fill...:)

THANK YOU SO MUCH for the website info!!!!!! What a great informative way to learn about adjustments. It makes me realize how much I DON"T know about all this.... this site is so appreciated. There are just so many things coming at me - it's scary! With 8 days to go, I'm just now learning what I need to know. I wish I had known about LBT months ago.

You are just now getting the lapband?....Hubby and I had it done on March 24...we love it...My last adjustment was great...right now I'm not hungry between meals...and am learning to chew my meals very carefully...be sure to hydrate before meals...and not drink during a meal...this is very important, I have learned...hope u do well..patricia

Has anyone ever had to have bloody sera removed from their tubing before getting a fill? I have a friend who said they removed more sera than they refilled and now she doesn't feel restricted at all.

I got my 4th fill on Thusday and today is Saturday and now I can eat as much as I did before my surgery which was done in May of 2005. I don't feel any tightness at all. Has anyone had this happen. The doctor is going to check this out on this Tuesday.

Banded May 16,2005

weight before band 386

today 289

I would appreciate any input.

Thanks

Hi, I am considering a TJ doctor. Do you mind sharing who did yours and how much did it cost? What was your experience etc...... I am really concerned about this and can not afford to do this and find out I have to have a second surgery.

Thanks in advance for the response. I am considering doing the surgery the last week of July. I just need more input.

thanks

Can I get information on Texas Doctors for fills? I was banded in Tj, Mexico.

I live in Stockton, CA I need a fill, but I don't want to go back to Mexico again, Can so one help!!!!! Stockton,Ca is 90 miles out of San Francisco bay area. I know that there are doctor, that will do the fill.:help:

Wild,

I was banded in TJ by Dr Kuri.I have no regrets,I would do it again in a heartbeat.The hospital was beautiful and top of the line,the staff was great. Dr Kuri is very experienced with banding and everything went smoothly.I paid $8995.including 2 night stay in a upscale hotel,transportation to and from the border and fills for life.

Hi, I am considering a TJ doctor. Do you mind sharing who did yours and how much did it cost? What was your experience etc...... I am really concerned about this and can not afford to do this and find out I have to have a second surgery.

Thanks in advance for the response. I am considering doing the surgery the last week of July. I just need more input.

thanks