Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm so ashamed, I came this far and lost all this weight, and I'm scheduled to be sleeved on September 14th, and i gained 4 pounds, now I'm at risk for the surgery being denied or rescheduled smh I been a nervous wreck ,and never had a problem with anxiety well it's at a all time high, now I have to loose 5 pounds before next Wednesday smh, Pray for me please

Hi you can Try a liquid diet... works for me. Protein Shake 3x a day Clear Liquids in between, sugar free pudding or Jello and plenty of Water. 1 cup non starchy vegetables a day. That's what my doctor gave me. I'm sure it will work for you. There's nothing to be ashamed of, we are human not perfect! You got this, you can do it! Good luck keep us posted!

Edited by my4reasons2live

You are a very fortunate person not to suffer anxiety in general. That is ubiquitous among WLS patients, and in the days before surgery, it is nearly unavoidable. So I'd say even if your surgeon didn't instruct liquids, go ahead and transition to them, as post-op will be much easier that way if you do that now. That will help you make up the ground that might have slipped. Also, begin some exercise to help with those pounds and to help relieve stress. I know my anxiety goes down, however briefly, when I exercise and work up a sweat, and I think it should help you on multiple grounds.

How did your pre-op diet go? Did you just get a low calorie plan or strict liquids?

Also, @@byebyefat please never be ashamed of setbacks. They are part of this process and they will happen post-op as well. This is a very good lesson in picking yourself up and dusting yourself off so that a minor annoyance doesn't become a major problem. I've followed that advice way too infrequently in my life and I refuse to ignore it when it comes to my weight loss. Best of luck. The 14th is an eternity from now (I am visiting twelve different states just between now and then). You will make up that ground and do fabulously.

Hi you can Try a liquid diet... works for me. Protein Shake 3x a day clear liquids in between, sugar free pudding or Jello and plenty of Water. 1 cup non starchy vegetables a day. That's what my doctor gave me. I'm sure it will work for you. There's nothing to be ashamed of, we are human not perfect! You got this, you can do it! Good luck keep us posted!

thank you so much, I'm going start that diet tommorow, again thank you, I went and got all of the stuff, have you started the liquid diet yet, if yes how much did u loose

You are a very fortunate person not to suffer anxiety in general. That is ubiquitous among WLS patients, and in the days before surgery, it is nearly unavoidable. So I'd say even if your surgeon didn't instruct liquids, go ahead and transition to them, as post-op will be much easier that way if you do that now. That will help you make up the ground that might have slipped. Also, begin some exercise to help with those pounds and to help relieve stress. I know my anxiety goes down, however briefly, when I exercise and work up a sweat, and I think it should help you on multiple grounds.

How did your pre-op diet go? Did you just get a low calorie plan or strict liquids?

thank you so much for the words of encouragement, my pre op diet went wonderful I lost 30 pounds by just eating less and walking but I'm going start the liquid diet tommorow, and also exercising thanks again

Also, @@byebyefat please never be ashamed of setbacks. They are part of this process and they will happen post-op as well. This is a very good lesson in picking yourself up and dusting yourself off so that a minor annoyance doesn't become a major problem. I've followed that advice way too infrequently in my life and I refuse to ignore it when it comes to my weight loss. Best of luck. The 14th is an eternity from now (I am visiting twelve different states just between now and then). You will make up that ground and do fabulously.

thank you again, your so awesome

Why would you be denied? If you are having surgery soon, then they should have already sent that to your insurance company for approval. Once you are approved, the insurance company cannot deny you..

Unless you mean your Doctor? I don't get why 4 pounds would make a difference. What are they saying?

Google the 3 day military diet!!

I have done it before sometimes I loose and sometimes I don't lose nothing but a pound or two, thank you though

Why would you be denied? If you are having surgery soon, then they should have already sent that to your insurance company for approval. Once you are approved, the insurance company cannot deny you..

Unless you mean your Doctor? I don't get why 4 pounds would make a difference. What are they saying?

their telling me, Because I have to maintain the 5 % weightloss , that was one of my insurance stipulations, and so was 6 months of nutritionist visits and weigh ins, psych evaluation, and a letter of recommendation and a physical, pre op testing and class, I assumed also once it's approved it's approved, I guess that's not the case :(

Edited by byebyefat

I've done the same diet in the past and lost almost 20lbs in a 2 week period. I'm sure you will do great. I'm doing the same one for pre-op but I don't start till October. But it DEFINITELY WORKS! Let me know how it goes ???? @@byebyefat

ok , thank you, I started it today, the Protein Shakes were actually ok, I blended mine with some ice yummy ????

Oh no! Don't be ashamed. I started pre op today and it was rough! liquid diet (very strict) I did add vegetables to my broth because I was so hungry. The entire day I just thought "if I stick to this diet, my surgery will be even more successful". I was told this process helps he liver to shrink and preps you for you after surgery process. You will be fine! Praying for you! I'm scheduled for the 17th of this month. ????

Any suggestions of already made shakes with high Protein and not so expensive ????