Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Costume ideas - rockabilly/pin up type styling ideas?

Okay, I am starting to brainstorm on halloween costume ideas and I am thinking about some sort of rockabilly/pinup girl look. I will likely be at a dance and it just sort of interested me as something to explore.

I don't actually know much about it, what is out there, how to choose something that is fun and flattering. I am learning to dance and notice that some of the ladies wear things with this sort of "look". For a costume of course I would go "all out" with accessories, hair etc.but it would be nice if the outfit could be recycled for other purposes too.

This is very summery... but I think along the lines of what I am thinking. Would love to hear ideas from you all!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/220686393/pinup-dress-summer-wine-in-fresh?ref=shop_home_feat_2

Oh love Halloween dress up! Your outfit sounds super cute! Are you going with that color?

How about white t-shirt, blue jeans, bobby socks, tennis shoes or saddle oxfords and a boyfriend jacket (letter jacket, or leather jacket? Or men's cardigan. And a high pony tail. Don't forget the scarf around the neck.

Edited to add: and bubble gum (sugar free of course)

Add the boyfriend jacket to the dress, with a neck scarf (to hide your hickey), saddle oxfords or tennis shoes, pony tail, bobby socks, blue eye shadow, and bubble gum. You will be a walking cliche bit very cute.

I have a sister who always wears dresses like that, and she finds cute little retro 50's sweaters to go over them so she can wear them year round. The kind of sweaters that usually are 3/4 length sleeves and have embroidered flowers or birds or designs with beads on them. She always wears mary janes and ankle socks, the lace kind. I'd stay away from saddle shoes and neck scarves unless you're going for the sock hop look of the 50's. If you want to remain true rockabilly, check out Pinterest, and do a search for Rockabilly, you'll find tons of ideas! For hair and makeup too!

I love the dress!

When I get to goal, watch out, I can't even believe I'm saying this, but I am not only going to rock my punk/goth look I love, but I'll do the whole rockabilly psychobilly thing too! I'm ready for some wild fashions! hehehe

We want pictures, when you get all dressed up!

That's a beautiful dress. You can rock your Halloween costume idea. We will all want to see pics!!

Hahaha that's hilarious !!!!@@Inner Surfer Girl

This is my daughters favorite style! She loves to shop here:

www.uniquevintage.com

www.pinupclothing.com

Thanks! The second link doesn't seem to be a real website...I just got advertisements to made in china places. Am I missing something? Unique vintage was cool but I didn't really see anything quite costume like.

This is my daughters favorite style! She loves to shop here:

www.uniquevintage.com

www.pinupclothing.com

Hmm...none of these seemed to be pinup type.

I haven't seen anything better then my first dress I found. Might try to look for vintage shops here locally. It's like I have this concept but not quite sure how to execute it!