Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So my times drawing near, my gastric band surgery is in 2 days time.. Now that I know it's actually happening I'm excited and petrified at the same time thinking is this the right move or not it's like I'm scared to take that final step forward after going back and forth with this idea for practically years! I thought ok I'm overweight though not massively I've options here il train hard and burn this weight off...having hired a personal trainer and killing my self with the gruelling workouts after a hard day work and permanently on a diet gradual weight loss always tended to be short lived and I could never lose the weight to keep it off and finally feel happy even mentioning the the thought of having a band I got comments of "oh that lazy" nobody really understands how it feels to struggle with weight and the impact it has on your confidence and state of mind

And yet the day is coming and of course another challenge I just hope I finally find my happy and this works for me

I'm relieved to find this site full of genuinely kind supportive people I've read a lot of inspiring messages here and you all have helped me prepare myself for my moment my time

I'm just hoping I have the same success as most of you

I am wishing you a speedy surgery and recovery. Hope you will be home before you know it ...and beginning a new way of life.

I remember being a bit scared about what was to come. Like many things, I found my worrying was worse than the actual procedure!

Keep us posted. This is a great place to stay in touch with like- minded people????

You'll do great. Can't wait to welcome you to the other side and the beginning of a wonderful journey.

You will be fine. the so called "easy way" comment is commonly heard from people who are usually overweight and think they have all the answers. I am proud of you for making the commitment to get healthier and thinner. There is a wealth of information here and a lot of support. Good Luck and let us know how you are doing.

I was so excited and nervous -- I had never been an overnight patient in a hospital before. It was all so much better than I ever thought it could be. A sense of humor was very helpful (the gown, goofy slippers, final weigh-in, paperwork, all those medical professionals -- kind of surreal). Before I knew it I was waking up and walking up and down the hallway a little further each time. Nap, repeat. Then it was morning and I was heading home. Honestly, I was so impressed with myself and you should be, too. To this day, I'd rather go through the surgery again than go to the dentist. Keep smiling, treat yourself gently, watch all the movies you want and enjoy your Popsicles -- keep us posted!

Good luck Friday. It will change your life.

I'd like to thank you all for your kind messages receiving support from people who can really relate to how I feel makes me feel so much more calm and at ease

Arrived at the hospital this morning and I was petrified with the putting me to sleep part lol I was knocked out and before I knew it I was awake in my room I finally made it I feel so happy right now.. suffering some nausea slight dizziness hoping it will pass my chest feels tight too

I'm scarred I will not know when I'm full and if il be fine on just Clear Liquids for 2 weeks broths and Soups Protein Shakes can get quite repetitive and boring I'm hoping this would satisfy me till I'm good to go onto the next stage

Hi just had mine done yesterday August 25-2015 at mercy hospital in Rockville centre , New York in Long Island with dr. Holover. Everything went fine of course I was scared to death but I knew I was in good hands .

I had gastric bypass 2001 lost 145lbs in a year , had 6 diliatation for restricted stoma which caused severe vomiting ) then stopped losing I was 40 lbs from my goal. I slowly regained a total of 90 lbs over 14 years (had 2 kids also during that time) I did not have good guidance at the time no nutritional counseling after so made many mistakes with my food choices and went back to my old habits. But the worst thing I did was drink while I eat a meal which cause me not to be full and ate more . Anyway that as the past. So know I had lap band over gastric bypass yesterday stayed overnight in hospital. This time I am 42 yrs old and looking forward to finally hitting my goal weight . I did lose 10 lbs from pre op shake diet in last weeks. So surgery day I was 80 lbs over the originally 145lbs I had lost 14 yrs ago. I want to lose 120 lbs this time . I am very tall lady 6 feet, so my goal is 180lbs. I struggled all my life with my weight . I need support this time from my family friends and from this site.

Hi just had mine done yesterday August 25-2015 at mercy hospital in Rockville centre , New York in Long Island with dr. Holover. Everything went fine of course I was scared to death but I knew I was in good hands .

I had gastric bypass 2001 lost 145lbs in a year , had 6 diliatation for restricted stoma which caused severe vomiting ) then stopped losing I was 40 lbs from my goal. I slowly regained a total of 90 lbs over 14 years (had 2 kids also during that time) I did not have good guidance at the time no nutritional counseling after so made many mistakes with my food choices and went back to my old habits. But the worst thing I did was drink while I eat a meal which cause me not to be full and ate more . Anyway that as the past. So know I had lap band over gastric bypass yesterday stayed overnight in hospital. This time I am 42 yrs old and looking forward to finally hitting my goal weight . I did lose 10 lbs from pre op shake diet in last weeks. So surgery day I was 80 lbs over the originally 145lbs I had lost 14 yrs ago. I want to lose 120 lbs this time . I am very tall lady 6 feet, so my goal is 180lbs. I struggled all my life with my weight . I need support this time from my family friends and from this site.

Welcome! Hope you can make it to the next face to face support group that Lisa and I co-lead.

Don't be scared! :) I had my surgery over a year ago and the recovery time wasn't too bad. When you first wake up, you'll think "What have I don't to myself!?!" But every day you feel better than the day before. I was back at my desk job 6 days after my surgery!

Even though you don't feel like it, walk around every couple hours like they tell you to. I should have done that more. Some of that air settled in my chest and man, it hurts! After recovery, and having the band filled, life is so different.

If your situation is anything like mine, you will lose weight because eating becomes a chore and not something you do for pleasure. It's been hard for me, because I used to love cooking and dining out--food was a passion. Duh, that's what made me fat! Lol But now, I eat only to live. Not like I used to or most of the people I'm around. I have lost weight tho! I am glad I did it! Nothing else worked for me, but this has. It's been a slow process, but steady. I've lost just under 50 lbs in my year. My progress is slower than most because I have terrible genes that come with terribly under-active thyroid plus hormone problems. You will probably lose weight quicker than I have. Best of luck!!

I'm now 3 weeks post op and I couldn't feel any happier I've lost 16lbs I feel fine you just need to take one step at a time!

Don't worry you will be fine

Anyone here had a lap and over gastric bypass ? Just curious on your current success so I can look forward to for me need to lose a lot of weight still.

When is it ?

I live in Astoria queens New York

I was in Astoria a couple of weeks ago. I've got a good friend who lives there. I'm in the city and Lisa is on Long Island. We hope to have a date shortly for the Autumn Support Group meeting. We'll put it out on BP once we have a date and location.