Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my surgery on the 28th. Apparently, I had a hiatal hernia and they repaired it too while they were doing the sleeve. Yesterday, I felt very nauseous so they did not discharge me yet. I am relieved though because it beats being home alone and nauseous. Trying to get all my liquids down today so I can leave this afternoon. So far it has not been that bad for me. The IV drips make you urinate a lot. But that's fine because every time I get up, I use it as an excuse to walk around. Walking makes you feel way better.

Just taking one day at a time. That's all we can do.

I had my RNY on the 28th too! I was sent home yesterday, I am walking as much as I can. I felt very sore yesterday, like I did an insane ab workout ????. It's getting better each day. So far no nausea. I've only been drinking Water and Isopure .

I had my RNY on the 28th too! I was sent home yesterday, I am walking as much as I can. I felt very sore yesterday, like I did an insane ab workout ????. It's getting better each day. So far no nausea. I've only been drinking Water and Isopure .

Good luck ! Keep us updated..

I will be having mine in September:)

Good luck! It's only better from here ????

I have been sipping and walking all day. The most I have managed to get down was 32oz of Water with half a bottle of Isopure. I don't feel dehydrated, I am just paranoid that this is not enough fluids to keep me hydrated. Any suggestions on how to increase my liquid intake?

I had surgery Wednesday. I feel nauseous off and on, have gas pains, pain in my chest when I swallow. I had diarrhea from the gastrograffin I had to swallow for the upper gi. It hurts to drink- I know I have to otherwise I'll be in the Er. Any advice?

I have been sipping and walking all day. The most I have managed to get down was 32oz of Water with half a bottle of Isopure. I don't feel dehydrated, I am just paranoid that this is not enough fluids to keep me hydrated. Any suggestions on how to increase my liquid intake?

Feel better soon!!

I also had mine on Tuesday. I was released on Wednesday and that second day was by far the worst. Naseous and throwing up. Naseous medicine helped. Now I'm day four and feel good! Gas pain in shoulder is finally gone / that was the most painful part. Trying hard to get liquids and Proteins in but that isn't easy. Overall, by day 4 everything is going pretty well.

I also had mine on Tuesday. I was released on Wednesday and that second day was by far the worst. Naseous and throwing up. Naseous medicine helped. Now I'm day four and feel good! Gas pain in shoulder is finally gone / that was the most painful part. Trying hard to get liquids and Proteins in but that isn't easy. Overall, by day 4 everything is going pretty well.

Hope you feel better soon!

@moni5854 things are moving along. I started full liquids today. I managed to drink about 3 oz of my Protein shake. I have found an easier ways to take the Ulcer meds my Dr Prescribed. It says to crush the pill, which makes a awful mess and is gritty. The nurse said I could swallow anything the size of a m&m or smaller. So I just cut the pill into 4s and it works just fine. I still haven't been able to sleep in my bed, I have been more comfortable on the sofa. Yesterday I tried to go with out pain medication, by 3pm I was hurting. So I broke down and took some. I was running a low grade fever on and off as well. Called the Dr and he said to increase my Water intake and if my temp continued to rise, I would need to go to the ER. Luckily it didn't! So today is my official 4th day post op and I am doing ok. Just taking a shower leaves me exhausted. Resting, walking and sipping are all I can do for now .

@moni5854 things are moving along. I started full liquids today. I managed to drink about 3 oz of my Protein shake. I have found an easier ways to take the Ulcer meds my Dr Prescribed. It says to crush the pill, which makes a awful mess and is gritty. The nurse said I could swallow anything the size of a m&m or smaller. So I just cut the pill into 4s and it works just fine. I still haven't been able to sleep in my bed, I have been more comfortable on the sofa. Yesterday I tried to go with out pain medication, by 3pm I was hurting. So I broke down and took some. I was running a low grade fever on and off as well. Called the Dr and he said to increase my Water intake and if my temp continued to rise, I would need to go to the ER. Luckily it didn't! So today is my official 4th day post op and I am doing ok. Just taking a shower leaves me exhausted. Resting, walking and sipping are all I can do for now .

Glad you're starting to move in the right direction!!! :)

Congrats! Sounds like you are doing wonderfully! Keep on that road and you'll be recovered in no time.