Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How did you guys survive a two week clear liquid diet?

My doctor instructed that I only consume Clear Liquids for two weeks post op and then transfer over to pureed foods. Does anyone have any tips on how to not go insane when youre living off of clear liquids?

I wasn't very hungry so no going insane here. I just did what I could. You may find that you'll have to force yourself to eat/remind yourself to eat. Timers help. Good luck:

I only had to do 2 days clear and then 7 days full liquid. Two weeks of clear liquid would be tough. I thought my two week liquid diet during pre-op really made the weeks following surgery much easier.

I only had to do 3 days. I would have gone insane. I'm on full liquids now and am already bored. LOL

I was sleeved on June 23rd. My instructions are two weeks on clear liquids. Then I have two weeks on full liquids. Only then do I progress to two weeks of pureed, then two more weeks of soft foods. So, that means it will be 8 weeks before I have real food.

Two things.....1) I'm not hungry. The surgery has been a wonderful thing for me. 2) This is my new life. I would never have put myself through major surgery to not stick to what my surgeon has told me to do.

I read and prepared and made myself knowledgable about how this works. I'm so excited about the future. I figure I can get through a few weeks of liquids to get to the good part of less (or no) knee pain, of feeling better, physically and emotionally, etc.

Hang in there. You can do this!

Edited by TakeitorSleeveit

The first week was ok. I was not hungry and I was prepared for not having any food. But as I have progressed in the second week I have found myself getting hungry late in the day like around suppertime when everyone else is eating. I am so sick of sweet things such as the Jell-O and the Popsicles. I hope I never see chicken broth again as long as I live. I was desperate last night so I literally sucked a Kosher pickle. I cut all the seeds off and I sucked it dry. Best thing I'd had in a long time and it satisfied my craving! I am really looking forward to seeing my doctor Thursday and hopefully get the go ahead for puréed food! You can do it and it will be so worth it !!

I'm almost a week post op.Yesterday was a tough day and I was extremely hungry. My stomach growled so much and it wasn't acid reflux. I was miserable. I took naps, watched movies, etc. in an effort to ignore it. Ultimately, I had Carnation Breakfast Essentials with non dairy cashew milk and called it a day. I'm okay today but concerned that the feeling will come again. Has anyone dealt with this? Are there any suggestions on how to handle?

My meal plan, per my surgeon is: Week 1: Clear liquids, Week 2: Full liquids, Week 3: Puree to Soft Diet w/ lean meats, & Week 4: Soft to Regular Diet.

And like so many others, I never need to smell broth again!

I did a protien shake in morning drank a lot of Water l

Till my break at work then ate a banana and lunch a protien shake mayb a salad and stop more water then dinner I got to eat a decent supper but I like salad so I a lot of it with chicken I've cheated a few times with a chicken wrap but I wouldn't recommend that I walked every night with my hubby for 10 days and I lost 15 lbs but everyone is different so good luck and do your best

My surgery was on June 26, 2015. Today is now day 4 post op. I have felt hungry. But that was when I was not taking in enough liquids. I started reading my book again. So 1 hour of waking up drink Protein Shake. Then Water every 15 min sipping of course. Add sugar free Jello, popsicle. Drink the shake on every hour. Then alternate with Isopure. I recommend the coconut water isopure