Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anyone ever feel like they are not gonna lose the weight? I sometimes feel like that. Like what if I'm the one person that is meant to be fat and no amount of surgery can change that. Even though I'm down 30 lbs since my surgery 4/8/15, I'm like what if that's it? Does anyone else have those fears? And if so, how do you cope?

I guess we all have an element of fear regarding our weight especially regain and been the person that is unsuccessful with our surgery. This is where we need to believe and stop our negative mindset and we will succeed you and me and all that read this for nothing can stop us now.

I'm still pre-op and have that fear every single day. I've been on so many diets where other people stuck with it and lost weight, and I always caved in after some amount of time. What if I can't stick to this either? But, I keep hoping that this will finally be the key. I do know it's only a tool, by itself it won't work long term. And I'm doing everything I can now to be successful afterward but I am still afraid.

I had that same fear pre-op. But I will say being on this forum and reading all the wonderful success stories, advice and even the small victories is a huge inspiration. I am 10 days post-op now and all total with pre-op eating changes I am down 50 pounds!

I think that fear of failure is a common theme with us all. We have all failed before and this is a drastic change. But, It IS a tool and it is up to us to use it. Take a deep breath and just move forward. Success is waiting for us all!!!!

Edited by ShrinkingPeach

It's a normal fear. The difference for me one year post op is that the tool really takes away my ravenous hunger. With that help, I can do this with less of a struggle.

100 down and fifty to go, it's harder to lose. But not impossible or even painful. I just need to work a little harder to kick the weight loss back into gear now.

My advice to pre ops is, be as compliant as possible right from the start. Most of your rapid weight loss is at the beginning. Ride that bullet train as long as you can. Once it slows down, it gets a little tougher. Try not to let bad habits in.

I have no regrets and I know I'll get to goal. This is a change for life, not for a year.

I had those fears myself. But I just had to trust the process. Honestly I'm still terrified but I just have to take a deep breath and trust. One of my deepest fears is that I will still have my round face which I hope oh so desperately to lose and slim it down.

follow the rules and You will likely NOT fail. I can't see how this could fail....I can eat soooo little. But I feel sooooo good!!

Does anyone ever feel like they are not gonna lose the weight? I sometimes feel like that. Like what if I'm the one person that is meant to be fat and no amount of surgery can change that. Even though I'm down 30 lbs since my surgery 4/8/15, I'm like what if that's it? Does anyone else have those fears? And if so, how do you cope?

I have that fear, it's my second biggest fear (first being surgical complications). Also, of everyone I've known to have bypass personally, none have lost significant weight. I understand ita how you work it that determines success. And I don't know these people so intimately that I could say if it's their fault or the surgery....

How I cope... I go in my hole and do me. I focus on what the doc/nut set for me and forget everyone else's progress, comments and suggestions. I work based on the truths I know about what's good for me and my body.

@@drmeow, one major advantage to our surgery vs. Weight Watchers and other diets is that our new stomach is in control...we aren't! Yes, our brains can tell us we would like to scarf down several pieces of pizza or a large hot fudge sundae with all the toppings, but if we try to eat those things the size of our stomach, and the pain, nausea, and dumping syndrome that will commence will quickly remind of that our new lives don't have room for that kind of yummy crap! Our tool has many devious ways to help keep us on track

I have that fear also. I'm down 28 pounds since my sleeve on 4/28. But I've been in a stall for 2 1.2 weeks and I feel like maybe that's it for me. I'm glad to know I'm not alone.