Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Am So Stupid Cheated my Preop and myself

I am 6 days into my all liquid pre-op diet (4-30-15) and I literally just ate. What am I thinking? I have to be theweakest minded person. I have had a headache, shakes, sick to my stomach, fatigued, and just hungry since starting. I am not tolerating the bariessential shakes very well, only getting 2 of 5 a day, 1 broth and popsicle all to sweet Yuck! I have lost 14 lbs so far but I have really failed I think.

I ate 3 brussel sprouts, 1/4 cup of onion, celery, green pepper mix, 3 broccoli heads, sauted in 1/4 beef broth, garlic and pepper, and 2 spoons of albacore tuna.

My surgery is (5-14-15) next Thursday.

I know be stronger, I am not going to die, its for the long run etc. I know I f'd up.

Is there anything to do, if I stay on point from now on should I be ok?

Thanks folks my first post and this is it!

God Bless

You should be fine if you get back on track. You still have a week to go. Definitely take this experience and learn from it and move forward. Beating yourself up and letting that send you into any sort of emotional spiral where you might be tempted to eat more is what you really need to avoid.

You aren't stupid... you are doing a very hard thing. You ate very low carb. the purpose for most docs is to shrink the liver and low carb is the key to that. Just get back on track.. you can do this!

Exactly, what CowgirlJane stated. The pre-op diet is all about shrinking your liver not weigh loss at this point. Eliminating carbs and fats will shrink your liver quickly. You caught yourself, now stop beating yourself up and get back on your horse. You are almost there!

Thanks folks, I appreciate the words of wisdom. Really. Time to jump on, hang on and rake em down. Life change.

You should be ok. Your choices were pretty good as far as the cheating. Get back on track and you will do fine.

You may want to try a different shake. I like Premier Protein shakes.

Head Hunter -

Almost 4 weeks post-op here. You and I started out at the same height, weight, and diet loss before surgery. Don't cheat anymore but don't beat yourself up either...it's not healthy. You have done good and are doing what I believe is the hardest part of all this. The liquid diet sucked!!! I get it. Surgery will be here soon and you will feel better day by day. I have lost 39 lbs. to date, my feet and knees no longer hurt, and I feel better than I have in 10 years. I'm walking daily because I want to, and I'm a happier person. I pray you make it through this rough patch and that you'll have great success as well.

Good luck...let me know how everything goes for you.

Just get back on track. And try to eat / drink all your shakes.

On this journey, you can screw things up by eating too little -- just as much as by eating too much. There are sweet spots along the way you should try to find and hit.

Good luck to you!

Don't beat yourself up over it. I cheated on my pre-op liquid diet also. The last 4 days before surgery I really buckled down. I had my surgery this week May12th. Better then I expected. I did not have any gas pains and I have no problem getting in my liquids Good luck to you all