Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Motivation? Energy?

It's 4am, Thanksgiving morning...sitting here having my first cup of coffee.< /p>

The gym opens at 5, they close at noon.....and I plan on being there when the doors open.

Do I feel motivated? Do I feel like I have the energy? HECK NO!

It's my day off, it's freezing outside....I should crawl back into my warm bed and enjoy my day off from work.

Then enjoy a lazy day of food, family, and football.

But I'll go....I have felt this way many times before, and have always come up with good excuses not to before....

I say this because it is easy for everyone to find some reason not to exercise...not to be active....and I have found a few truths I want to share.

1) I know, regardless of how I feel now at this moment, I will find the energy once I start. It comes from somewhere and the more I do it the more energy and motivation comes out. So regardless of how I feel at this moment, it will change once I get out there and start doing it.

2) I also know, as a reward, that I will feel much better throughout the rest of the day after I have a good workout. Otherwise I would feel like crap and lazy.

3) Feeling better, healthier and energized within, will come out and project itself to others around me today....in this case family and friends. Some of which I have not seen in a year. There are some things you can't cover up.

Bring it! Looking forward to all that great food and drink....the fun..the fellowship....the football!.....it's going to be a great day!

It's my favorite time of year......

So that's my frame of mind this morning....what's yours today?

Incidentally, I expect a pretty good gathering there at 5 am....I'm not the only one.

As a side note, I'm 2 months shy of 63...when I first started working out in earnest, just before my surgery, I had numerous medical issues that I could and did use to hinder me....but I worked through them and overcame and defeated them.(with all of my Dr's blessings)

Edited by B-52

morning B, I am up as well drinking my coffee. No I am not going to the gym, it's 25 miles from me, which is not a good excuse but I have a houseful of company and I am going to start cooking soon. I just got back from a week of trail riding my horse in Ga. and marveling at the amount of energy and stamina I had all week. at 67 I feel like a kid again. I am so Thankful for my lapband life. Last night while everyone was eating subs and chips and brownies, I was busy peeling potatoes, making a corn casserole and I had a Protein shake.. I felt so liberated last night because normally pre-band I would have pigged out last night and today. I am proud of you for all you have accomplished and still are a motivating force here and I am sure in your everyday life. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Morning,

I'm awake and so excited. I'm going out into the cold to run my first 5k since surgery.I lost my Mom last year. My uncle provided her hospice care. He has not seen me since I visited her before she passed. I was 104 pounds heavier. I'm sending him photos of the race today. After all he has been through in the last year. I hope to make him smile for the day. Love my family so much. Holding my breath until I can talk to him on the phone. So so thankful.....

Ok, I'm not a bander, but thank you for your words of wisdom. :) Hope that you aren't too angry at me for posting, but no matter what someone has, there is always the potential that I find another who's had that surgery or who can use the words of wisdom to pass on.

Thank you for helping others.

gym opens at 5 - I plan on being there when the doors open.

@@B-52

awwwww man

I heard someone creeping around this morning making coffee

that was YOU?? ;)

you "forgot" to invite me over :blink:

don't worry, i am not one to hold a grudge

i am a sleever and proud of it :)

but.... always nice to see/talk to another WLS survivor

even a "lapper" (just kidding guys - love you too)

frequently see your handsome face/posts

i enjoy reading your "words of wisdom"

hope your head isn't getting too swollen :unsure:

congrats on alllll your energy today and always

going exercising this morning

you are either aces or a little crazy

maybe a little bit of both? :D

i've got a couple of minutes to kill LOL

so here's my story in a million words or less ;)

i started gaining weight big time as a young teen-ager!

yo yo dieting all my life

lost, gained, lost etc etc

never able to maintain for long

live in Syracuse, NY with my DH

we were married thanksgiving day 24 years ago :)

85 year old mom and younger sister/family live close

3 other siblings/spouses/nieces and nephews

MA., CT, New Jersey

we don't get together often enough

maybe every other year

wonderful daughter and son-in-law that recently moved to Georgia :(

son-in- transferred with work

MOST importantly

i have 3 amazing, wonderful, beautiful etc etc grand-children :)

Morgan (14) Andrew (11) Ethan (7)

sooooo many things that go along with my WLS making me very thankful

no longer on diabetes meds/insulin - high blood pressure meds - cpap machine

i am a long time controlled epileptic

after i lost my first 50 lbs - i had an "incident" (seizure) :huh:

i was taking meds for someone who weighed 235 lbs

i now weighed 185 lbs

doc or i never took this into consideration

its like a baby taking the same amount of meds an adult would take

so my dosage was cut in 1/2!!!

that was a huggggge surprise of a NSV

(even though we found out the hard way :wacko:)

OMG, just re-read my post

sorry i've monopolized the conversation about myself

thanx for not interrupting! -_-

back to topic YOU :)

you have a great attitude

continuing exercising no matter what

eating correctly i'm sure

you follow alllll the rules a successful bariatric patient needs to

have a wonderful day with you and yours

enjoy your healthier, happier, and longer life

who deserves it more? :)

see you around the neighborhood

we can meet for drinks

Water of course :lol:

kathy

Yesterday, I knew I would eat more than usual so I got up ran a couple of miles on the treadmill to stimulate my metabolism and work off a few extra calories. Did I eat too much? For a bandster, probably yes, but I'm not worried because I will work it off in the gym. That's my motivation.

Hi B-52 you have been an inspiration to me since I started noodling around on the forum in June of 2013. I had my surgery November 2014 and if any one would have told me I could turn into an exercise fanatic I would have laughed in their face. I already exercised -- years and years -- just not enough. It's you and Catfish who got me over that hump. I wasn't going hard enough to seriously burn or to feel the endorphin rush. Now I do and I love it. But do I want to talk myself out of exercising? Hell, yes -- I'm still a lazy slob underneath it all. But there's a lot less "all" that I'm underneath. Sometimes exercise is really hard. I can have a whole pity party about joint pain, etc. I worry I'll have to have a hip replacement and blah, blah, blah. But what can I do? I can SHOW UP and exercise. I can make each day better by having worked out. Do I fail myself sometimes? Well, whatever. Each new day is a new day to SHOW UP and exercise.

Sorry, that's November 3013 --iPad won't let me go back and edit. Don't want the newbies thinking they can lose 65 overnight, lol.