Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long are you out of work?

I am 3 weeks pre-op. I was told a minimum of 2 weeks but understand it's different for everyone. I'm just curious about others? What is your job and how long were you out before being released back to work? ????

My doctor says four weeks. I have a strenuous job though. I see some people going back after a week or two.

I'm out for a month. That is standard at my job for any type of surgery. I won't complain!

I only took a week. Other than being tired, it felt good to be back.

I'm hoping to be back after two weeks. If I can go back after one that would be awesome and I could save the vacation time for January. Just curious about others tho.. thanks for the replies...

My job is expecting me to be out for 5, doctor told me at least 2, but I see him tomorrow and I'll see how long he'll give me - work handed me disability papers and said don't come back too soon lol

I really wanted to take 2 weeks, but we got too busy and I had to go back after 7 days. I'm a vet tech with a physical job bending, squatting, standing, driving and lifting. i was a little tired, and still on full liquids, but had no problems working full time. I had a 3 week 20 pound lifting restriction, but was picking up 60 pound dogs by 18 days out.

My job gave me 6 weeks but doctor said I could go back after 3 weeks If I wanted to. I didn't want to so I took the whole 6. Glad I did too.

Off work 10 days, could have gone back sooner. Cleaned house and did laundry after six days, worked my horses after seven days, drove eight hours after nine days. Everyone is different, I can't lay around doing nothing, so was happy I was fit enough go shopping after two days and well enough to get on with my daily routine shortly after.

I worked Nov 3. Got my sleeve Nov 4. Was kept in hospital until Nov6. Physically felt fine to go to work on NOV 7 however the dr wouldn't release me for work until Nov 10. I'm a supervisor and he dr simply put me on light duty not lifting more than 6 lbs. I've had no major issues other than by the time nighttime gets here I am ready for bed. I think it's all part of the healing process for me. My job is mentally demanding and can require lots of walking during the day so with that combination I'm in need of rest :). It all really depends on your job and what's required as well as how well you cope with situations. I try to stay positive and keep looking forward. :) I see the light at the end of he tunnel and the skinny me holding the candle.

I will be getting my surgery this Friday *nerve wracking* and was told I should have no problem returning to work on Monday. I do work a desk job, receivables, so it's not strenuous by any means. With any luck, all goes well!