Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im 18 days post op and im not losing weight. Im currently on purees and dont even want to try soft foods because if im not losing weight at 600 calories whats gonna happen if they go up. Im getting my Protein 60-75 grams. Im drinking Water 30-40 oz and Im walking 2 miles a day. I just dont understand what Im doing wrong. Ive only lost 11 pounds in 18 days. my whole life has been a struggle to lose weight and now even surgery isnt working.

I know every doctor is different but I know I am required to drink 64 oz of liquid per day. Please don't give up!

Hang in their you must remember that your body had just gone through a major surgery be patient you have not gained weight overnight and you will not loose it overnight, stay focus 11 pound is a lot of weight to loose as long as you follow your doctors orders you will loose weight. I am 5 months post opt and although I have had stalls has not detered me, I stay focus hang in their.

Don't give up! It's actually working. You lost 11 pounds in 18 days!!! How are you upset about that? That's amazing and wonderful. Congratulations! That's almost a pound a day. Before surgery, if you lost 11 pounds in 18 days, how would you have felt? Pretty good, I'd bet! You are doing all the right things--keep it up and you will continue to lose And make sure to keep a food journal. It's the most magical thing--writing down what you eat seems to melt the pounds away. It's weird but true!

You have hit the infamous stall. It happened to me too. I sought out this forum for answers and it usually happens to everyone. Mine started at week 2 post-op and went until the middle of week 4 post-up, it is temporary. Now that I am in the end of week 4, I have started losing again. Wait through it, stay on your diet and nutrition and Protein drinks. It is normal to hit this stage and it is temporary. You are doing nothing wrong. Unfortunately, you just have to wait it out. It will pass and you will lose weight again.

bodyweight.png?ts=1414258024

Edited by CaliGirl1216

@CaliGirl1216. 33 pounds in one month! Congrats. I agree with the stalls situation. There is absolutely nothing to do but wait. Sad but true.

I agree with everyone else - you are doing great! Your body is still healing and there will be ups and downs. Just keep doing what your doctor has advised and it will happen! Put away the scale for a couple of weeks and just focus on healing and adjusting to your new life. :)

I'm in the middle of a stall right now. I lost 15 lbs post op and have been stalled at 229 for the last 10 days. I'm worried but I know it happens and I know we will be over it very soon. Hang in there.

I too hit stalls and also had one pretty early on. Just increase your activity slightly and be very strict with your diet. Make sure you are getting your Protein. My change in activity ever so slight, helps me give a signal to my body that it is allowed to lose weight. So if you are walking pick up the pace or even do some mild lifting...the point is to change it up a bit. I put in 20 minutes of cardio. Good luck you will absolutely lose the weight you want and your body will cooperate. I hit stalls every 3 weeks and was told my weight loss when charted would look like a stairway and it does. Gain a few for a number of days, level off for a few days then it goes down. Getting used to the pattern but it still bothers me, I am 10 weeks out.

Bump your Protein to 80 grams and take that with D3 5000 iu and B12 in the morning. I guarantee it will help.

Eleven pounds in eighteen days is an average of just over eighteen pounds a month. So let's do the math. At eighteen pounds a month, you would lose 108 pounds in six months. Physically you're doing absolutely great! But long term success starts with realistic expectations. Relax. Take a deep breath. And just keep following your plan. The only thing you might want to fine tune a little is your mind.

You're gonna love the new you!

Omg you have no idea how bad I needed to hear this. I read about people losing 25 and 35 pounds in a month and I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong? I'm 28 days out and have only lost 16.6 pounds, makes me think maybe I'm not doing things so wrong after all. thank you for the reality check

Week 3 is the worst.

I don't consider Protein Drinks meals. That is the only way I can get my recommended Protein in.