Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Frustrated and discouraged

So to make a long story short. I am trying to get approved for a band to bypass revision. I am sure everyone knows about band problems. No my surgeon is telling me I have to start all over with all the classes and appointments. I spoke to the Nurse yesterday and she actually asked me if I wanted to still work with my band or just wanted to give up! What kind of support is that?? I feel that because I stated that I was angry about the band and the fact that they do not even place it anymore( at their office) that they really just don't want to deal with me. But, the good news is I am not going to let them win this battle. This is for me and my health, and they will not push me back or down!

One of the individuals in our support group went from a band to RNY. His band was wearing into his stomach. He was well pleased with the revision. Because of the damage to his stomach by the band, his pouch was a little smaller than the rest of us, which gave him a little problem but he adapted to it well and thrived. Good luck and stay on target.

If I wait more than another two months, I will have to do all the classes over again too. I had my band removed 2 months ago and would like to have RNY within the next 5-6 weeks

I just got revised a week ago. I did have to start all over. Had to have all tests redone, had to have NUT appointments, weight loss, psych eval. It is very frustrating. Hopefully it all works out for you.

I just got revised a week ago. I did have to start all over. Had to have all tests redone, had to have NUT appointments, weight loss, psych eval. It is very frustrating. Hopefully it all works out for you.

Was your BMI the minimum 40? I'm trying to get a revision myself and I'm about 20 pounds lighter then I was when I got the band. Just wondering if insurance is harder of revisioners then initial patients. ?

My bmi was 45, I gained 20+ lbs from the band once they let the fluids out, since I was literally starved my body soaked up all the nutrition I could bring to it now and held on to all the weight. It was quite discouraging since I was trying to lose 10 lbs but instead gained 20.