Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm so tired of puree's I've stopped eating....

I am now 4 weeks post op and I'm supposed to still be on puree's. I wont lie, I have no longer been able to stick to them. As soon as I puree something it makes me sick to my stomach and I end up not eating. I cant take any more tuna, scrambled eggs, puree everything, its nauseating.

When I make taco's for my family I'll have a few small bites of it and chew really well, same goes with sloppy joe meat or anything else I can chew until its soft. I see my surgeon on Tuesday the 2nd and from there I'll only advance to SOFTS, then have to wait another MONTH until I can go to the "stabilize" phase. To be honest I think this is a bit extreme and I'm amazed at talking to other bypass patients and hearing about their diets. One girl I know was on her stabilize phase within her 3rd week!

Im tired of trying to force myself to eat. I cant stomach any more Protein Shakes and puke looking foods :( Please tell me I'm not alone!!!

Hi Heather, Boy do I feel you on this one! I am three weeks post on and will be honest. I have never purred Anything, I find it takes too much time and too much to clean up. I have been eating Bob Evans mashed potatoes and I just mash up my veggies. I cut my meat into little tinny pieces and chew, chew, chew. I haven't had any issues with food going down as well as keeping it down. Have you tried oatmeal or cream of wheat for Breakfast ? Baby food may also be an option. Good Luck.

This site helped me tremendously during that phase: http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/

She has some great ideas for puree recipes.

I am two weeks post op tomorrow. After about 10 days I could "drink" another meal. I tried a very small amount of scrambled eggs and had no problem. So moved on to cream of wheat and yogurt and doing good. The instructions from my doctor was after 7-10 days ok to try certain foods. Not thrilled about pureeing foods either. If you chew chew chew think it would be ok. I am so ready to move on and I also think they are a bit extreme with the timing on the phases. But everybody is different. I eat very little, think I am almost afraid to eat that I might gain weight even though I am losing a good amount. I know what you are going through.

I do believe it is all in your head, the hunger. I haven't "eaten" in two weeks. I keep calling it mind hunger. I see a burger on tv that I want to eat but I'm literally not hungry. Hopefully I can train my brain

I am 4 weeks post op and am trying most foods if I feel they won't irritate my pouch. I never was able to tolerate shakes and because I am a big texture person purée was disgusting! I stayed on Soups and such for 3 weeks then HAD to move on to things that have more Protein. Still only getting in about 30g a day but I've run out of options and spent too much on shakes I can't drink. I have 3 cases of Quest bars waiting for when my nut clears me on 9/11. Can't eat salmon or tuna or eggs - 3 of my once favorite things! They all come right back up. So though I really want to follow nuts orders I have had to find foods I can tolerate in order to get something down. So now my 4 or 5 bites are just chewed until they are mushy! In fact I have found that all the chewing has taken away the actual taste of the food! Lol. Can't complain though as I am down 20lbs so far!!!

Well I just had my two week follow up and am doing good. 34 pounds down includes the 20 lost pre-op. Doc told me...no cream of wheat.....it's carbs....eggs, ham, bacon....good. I have tried chicken, just chewed till mashed and it went down ok. Really have not been hungry and doc said that was normal. Listen to your pouch, eventually it will tell you when it is real hunger and fluids no longer satisfy. I felt like I had to eat, because I needed to, not because I was hungry. Feel better that doc said this is normal, now I don't feel like I have to eat, fluids over food right now is best. Hydration is first.

<p>This site helped me tremendously during that phase: <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/'>http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/</a></p> <p> </p> <p>She has some great ideas for puree recipes. </p>

Oh my gosh, thank you SO much for posting this! I'm only starting on this journey, and have six months of prep in front of me, but as a foodie and not just a fatty, I'd been concerned about finding delicious recipes to enjoy in the great here-after. I'm going to love this blog!

I've now moved onto the soft phase which is nice. I love some lean smoked deli turkey rolled up for lunch. I still cant even LOOK at tuna haha. I also made some excellent rosemary chicken for dinner the other night. YUM.

Since moving to softs I've noticed my weight loss has started back up again :) I'm down about 3lbs since Monday (crazy!!!)

Cereal seems to be hit or miss with me, but I love the Special K Protein Cereal (10g!)