Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It's been a nightmare around here for the past two and half weeks. Had a friend try to commit suicide. Her whole family has disowned her except for one cousin and me. I'e been helping her pretty much everyday and it's wearing on me physically and emotionally.

My son was discharged from the Navy 3 weeks ago. Do to poor choices he ended up in Kansas and homeless for a night. Now he is in Oklahoma trying to convince me he is there trying to recover and recoup. When in fact he is lazy and doesn't want to work. Doesn't mean I worry less about about him.

Went 6 days with no sleep. Thought I was going to have to go to the stress center for a couple of days, but finally I slept a full 4 hours. I was elated.

During this time I have only been to the gym twice. The first week I was taking care of my friend 24/7. Luckily she got into a 3 hour a day 3 day a week program and seems to be doing better.

Not sleeping for 6 days made it hard to function at all let alone go to the gym. I was afraid to drive. Was afraid I'd nod of and cause a wreck. So I was home for that week.

During that time I made poor food choices. Got on the scales today. I haven't lost any weight, but I haven't gained either. I am thankful for that. This is the first time since I have had surgery that I haven't lost. So it's all good.

Back on track today. Good food choices and back to the gym today. Making sure tomorrow goes the same way. Just need some encouragement. Even though I hae lost 115lbs I still feel like a failure because of the last 2 weeks. Got to get my motivation back. Thanks for listening

I am sorry to hear about everything you are going through. Things happen that we cannot control, but it sounds like you are back on track. I slip every now and again and the next day I get back on track. You are doing great and I know you will keep up the good work!

This is not normal circumstances. Nothing you do during this stressful time should be taken into account. If you cannot get back on track after the crisis is over, then you have something to worry about. Until then, prioritize as needed.

@@CarmenLeAn sending best wishes your way! sleep deprivation and stress are so tough on the body. I'be had quite a ten-day run being there for a dear friend whose husband has ALS, they have young kids, crazy dysfunctional extended family. Add to that house guests here and work pressures, son starting college, etc., and OMG cannot sleep well. Up at four most mornings. So the other night I decided to nibble on a muscle relaxant. I am sensitive to medication and it doesn't take much. Bad idea! I did have a real sleep at last but I think my band is too tight all of the sudden. I took measures today -- getting out of anything not absolutely necessary the next few days, and I'm hoping the decompression is happening. Please take good care of yourself -- apply the ME FIRST motto and every one else will benefit (of course I'm talking to myself here). Be gentle and don't worry about the scale. Just get through this. Walking every day is helping me -- if it weren't for that I can't imagine. Take care -- take care of you!

Stop worrying about everything and everybody just about you. This can sound selfish but is not. I was just like you trying to help everyone around and trying to solve every problem that came around and the only thing I got was to get sick. You can help others to some extend but when that is affecting your health you should act like they tell you in the airplane in case of an emergency, put your oxygen mask on wait until you feel ok and then help the others around you. If you have faith and trust God, the Universe, the source, the divine however you want to call it, then you should know that everything that comes to you should be good, that everything will be ok. Relax, meditation is really good, there are good guided meditations in Youtube in case you don't know how to do it. I am sending you good vibrations of Peace, love and harmony. All is well.

Just saw this post and I hope things are going better for you. Take care.