Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Worried of gaining weight. Help!

Hi All,

I am at mushy stage and I find that I am always hungry. I'm afraid I will gain weight at this stage.

Any tricks you know? Suggestions are welcome.

Moreover, I never felt any restriction when I eat. Everything goes down. I never felt food get stuck there.. Is that normal?

This is normal...focus on healing right now...solids will come soon enough. Do you have any fill in the band? If you don't it may take a couple fills before you feel satisfied on small amounts. This surgery definitely requires a bit of patience..just know it will happen :-) I know certain foods filled me up quick during mushies...refried Beans was one of the best...riccotta cheese bake was another one.

I have no fill in the band JuneBug36, that's why I am hungry. My surgeon said no fill until 6 to 8 weeks.

I'm just worried that I'll gain all the pounds I lost.

What do you put with the ricotta cheese? spaghetti or Tomato sauce, cheese? bake them together?

I have no fill in the band JuneBug36, that's why I am hungry. My surgeon said no fill until 6 to 8 weeks.

I'm just worried that I'll gain all the pounds I lost.

This is bandster hell and you just have to use self control and just diet even though you are hungry. Once the fills start working, you will find that you are not hungry all the time and it will be easier to eat better and eat less.

A lot of the weight lost in the first few weeks of the presurgery diet is Water... so you may gain a few pounds. It can take two or three follow up visits before you start seeing results from the band. It takes time to heal, and it takes time to get the band near the green zone so it can do its job.

That's one problem with the band, the results aren't as immediate as the more drastic WLS procedures. But, the band will work!

I feel the same way, 2 fills and still eating/hungry. So stressed out abt gaining. Ugh

I feel this same. I was banded one week ago 8/13. I am on the mushy stage and I feel hungry. I am not a patient person but I understand that I have to have self control and continue dieting until I get at least my first fill.... We GOT THIS!

Last night, I was hungry and I cannot sleep. I gulped on propel Water and ate one string cheese. I was able to sleep like a baby.

Early days and the healing phase......just follow the program you are on, keep all your appointments and try not to stress. This is perfectly normal. Let your body get over the surgery -- band is placed and once healed the fills can begin. A good time to work on mindfulness. Paying real attention to then when why and where of hunger will help you later. Best wishes!

I used this site a lot...although some things didn't work well for me, like the hash...I had 5cc in my band at surgery, and I really couldn't eat certain things from the get go. But! The ricotta bake was ok...just watch how thick the cheese is you melt on it. Always chew, chew, chew.

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2007/08/pureed-foods.html

I seem to be in bandster hell right now. I was banded on 8/5 and my first fill is tomorrow Lately I've been starving and trying like hell not to over eat or wolf down my food. I know this is a practice run for when I hit my green zone, I just hope I don't gain weight back right now. eek.

HOw come your first fill is sooner than mine gbb? I had surgery 8/6. My fill wont be til 9/17

That is my worry too! I have gained about 5 lbs back and I don't get my first fill till 9/10 and he said that would just prime the system. He also just went ahead and said that I would not probably really feel any restriction until December. I am hungry, real hungry. I am bad about not being able to go t sleep if I am hungry so I have figured out to drink a Protein Shake before bed and that lets me go to sleep. I can eat anything without it getting stuck or even giving me any trouble. No sliming, or hiccups or anything. I know that this is bandster h--- but I am beginning to think that this is not going to work for me. I sure hope it does. Have you weighed any to see if any weight has returned?

That is my worry too! I have gained about 5 lbs back and I don't get my first fill till 9/10 and he said that would just prime the system. He also just went ahead and said that I would not probably really feel any restriction until December. I am hungry, real hungry. I am bad about not being able to go t sleep if I am hungry so I have figured out to drink a Protein Shake before bed and that lets me go to sleep. I can eat anything without it getting stuck or even giving me any trouble. No sliming, or hiccups or anything. I know that this is bandster h--- but I am beginning to think that this is not going to work for me. I sure hope it does. Have you weighed any to see if any weight has returned?

I can relate to all of you as I am in the same position. Meeting with my doc this Thursday and will bring up fill though he told me he does it between 6 weeks and 6 months out ( I'm 2 weeks and on puréed food). I try to limit my food to the amount specified and drink enough to fill me and am counting on feeling more restricted when I get in the green zone, but it will be a learning process until then. I've been weighing everyday and am down 10 lbs but didn't weigh today. I'm going to try to break away from the scale and focus on my measurements and exercising and getting more active. Good luck to everyone here. We are all here for each other!