Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Back to bad habits ! HELP

Hi!

I was sleeves on July 14 2014 so I'm 5 weeks post op.

I started my regular food on my 4th week if not before and im a carb lover, actually that's all i used to eat

And im craving them a lot! I know i should be eating Protein first but i dont end up doing that!

And when i eat, i feel full, but i keep eating! I dont know why im doing this to myself i feel like im stretching my stomach and that's terrible! Everyday i say I'll stop tomorrow but i just dont.

Breakfast and lunch are great and i know what to eat but the night is when everything is messed up. I think i need some motivation. Help please.

What would motivate you?

Omg... I'm not sleeved yet.. But what I can say is try to remember the reason or reasons you got sleeved in the first place... And keep in mind all the things you had to do to have the surgery like dietician appts... ultrasounds...psych evals...etc... if all else fails look at old pics of yourself and imagine a more healthier you... YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

Thank you "mskiesha29"!

Yes you're right! And don't worry! You'll be great! Im sorry if I demotivated you lol

No matter how guilty i feel now, i still think its the best decision i made in my life because okay i might not be following the exact rules but im not binge eating the way i used to.

I just feel bad because i think i should maybe eat a little less and eat more protein!

You need to get RID of ALL the BAD CARBS, foods, Snacks from your cabinets... NOW! Go RIGHT NOW and THROW them AWAY!!! Because if they are there, you already know that you'll eat them. Many of us on here are carb addicts or recovering carb addicts. To this day I battle my addiction and that's why you will not find ANY in my house. Because I know that I will submit to my addiction in a moment of weakness. Part of this journey is recovering from our addictions and bad habits, as well as adapting new ones; which include: eating right and exercising, or becoming more active. Eating right...the sleeve gives you Portion Control, but YOU control the QUALITY...you know what to do. Exercising...look at it like a job; we need to work to make a living/we need to exercise to extend our lively hoods and our health.

You CAN do this!!!!

Hi 'Curvy' !

You're right! I totally agree! I would LOVE to throw everything away! But the thing is i still love with my parents and i have little sisters ! So its a bit difficult to throw it all haha

But all i need to do is control myself and stay away from everything... Gotta keep myself busy!

Thank you so much though! LOVE the spirit !!

I know exactly what you mean Jay15. My mom lives with me and helps me take care of my child and my nephew. I would die for bread and Pasta, now being 8 months post op, I have no desire for that. But as far as the Snacks, we keep in a separate area. My mom keeps hers in her room, and for the kids a cabinet that I am not allowed in. It's been working out good. If I don't see the food, I'm not pressured.

I know exactly what you mean Jay15. My mom lives with me and helps me take care of my child and my nephew. I would die for bread and Pasta, now being 8 months post op, I have no desire for that. But as far as the Snacks, we keep in a separate area. My mom keeps hers in her room, and for the kids a cabinet that I am not allowed in. It's been working out good. If I don't see the food, I'm not pressured.

I really hope that its just a period of time that i can overcome. I wouldn't want to stay like this constantly craving bad things and thinking that im hungry (head hunger)! I hope you're doing well and thank you for your reply !

Hi Jay15,

I personally don't keep any food triggers in my house because I know I would eat them. I suggest that you keep a stock pile of healthy Snacks that you are able to eat. This seems to work for me. Good luck to you.

Hi Jay15, I personally don't keep any food triggers in my house because I know I would eat them. I suggest that you keep a stock pile of healthy Snacks that you are able to eat. This seems to work for me. Good luck to you.

Will do thank you !

Hi, Jay 15

I'm about 2 weeks behind you, but I know what you mean. I'm meeting with my nut next week and am going to get specific guidelines about calorie and daily carb intake. You do need some carbs in your diet, they just have to be good carbs and not the junk that we used to eat. There's a ton of good recipes and information on bariatric foodie.com and theworldaccordingtoeggface.com, but I'd suggest that you meet with your nut and get a plan that's right for YOU.

Good luck and don't give up! You can do this!!

Let me know if you're nut gives you a specific calorie goal. Mine refused to, and I'm eating about 1000 calories per day. Paranoid that I'm eating too much!

I can relate to what you're going through. I'm coming up to almost a year after my surgery. I've almost lost 100 pounds and I feel and look great. I will never go back to my bad habits. However, there are still a lot of foods that I cannot tolerate. Most meats and poultry are no-nos. I'm good with fish and Pasta. Mashed potatoes are fine, french fries no way. Manufactured bread is not good but I can tolerate fresh homemade bread but maybe only 1/2 a slice and only very occasionally. Protein Drinks make me gag and I've yet to find one I like. (We don't get the same Protein drinks here in Scotland like the ones recommended here on site). fruit and veg are still very difficult for me to digest. I only ever buy and eat low fat cheese and not in big quantities yet my last blood test came back with slightly high cholesterol. Cannot eat early in the morning so for breakfast around 11am I have a bowl of Cereal. Around 13.30 I have a small carton of Soup. Then 18.00 a small bowl of pasta or some mashed potatoes and cheese. I would say I am well under 1000 calories. Most of my portions are snack size and a meal in a restaurant lasts me 3 days. I'm such a cheap date now! I still like tea and coffee and am trying to increase my Water intake. I don't regret my operation one little bit. It was the best money I've ever spent. I swim practically every day now and I love it. Am visiting my sister in the States in November so I'll try to pick up some protein drinks then.

I too had really bad eating habits and craved everything sweet & unhealthy. But thanks to the forums And youtube I found ways to have my cake and eat it too. I ate Quest Protein Bars, taste great and have loads of Protein and few carbs. I found a great protein brownie recipe...find ways to enjoy your new lifestyle and don't give up. I track everything in myfitness pal and this keeps me accountable. Nine months out and lost total 100 lbs since I started the weight loss journey. My plan is to educate myself and I have learned a lot along the way. It is not always easy, but you can reward yourself and not feel deprived..it's the only way you will survive the long road ahead. I know you will beat the cookie monster or Pasta monster inside your head..