Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OMG I just ate 6 chewy chips ahoy cookies

I'm terrified of getting back into my bad habits. I almost wish the Cookies would have made me sick.

Well.. knock it off or you will. Harsh, but true :)

One minute at a time girl. What is done is done and now you have to move on. Remember why you are doing this. Make your next food choice healthy and before you try Cookies again drink some Water first.

Please don't buy cookies!!! If you don't buy them you won't eat them!

Get rid of the package if there are any left. Those go down way to easily for you it sounds like. Just move forward and try not to do it again. If you need something sweet try some fruit or maybe yogurt. Heck even a piece of hard candy would be better. Only one though. =)

good for you for stopping at 6!!!!

Step away! Step away! Once you get started, it's sooo hard to stop. The carbs will take over your mind. Hunger will ensue and you'll graze for everything you shouldn't have. [i got stuck for 2 months!! Lost precious time.]

Do you still have some Cookies? Open bag. Pour bleach over the Cookies, and put them in the trash. Do it now--"Stat!" :-)

Well, six Cookies won't make or break you. And the advice above about removing temptation is a good one.

Here are the questions my counselor would ask me when I feel food cravings (whether I succumb to them or not):

What was happening before and while you ate the Cookies?

What emotions were you feeling? Be as specific as you can.

His take on these events is that for those of us who experience "emotional eating" (and don't we all?) that eating emotionally is a compulsion we have learned (usually at a young age) and since then spent a lifetime practicing and reinforcing.

It takes some work to identify emotional eating and what stimulates it and to replace those compulsions with new behaviors.

I wish you (and all of us) great success in building new relationships with our food.

Edited by VSGAnn2014

Those Cookies are the devils work and so good. I love the 100 calorie chops ahoy. I found them at the 99 cent store this week and as I was loading my cart up I remembered something. There was a time when I could eat the whole box. So my little 100 calorie snack was actually 600 calories. I put them all (5 boxes) back. You learned something very important from all of this. You can't control yourself with them. Think about that the next time you want to buy them. We got this!!

All I can say is get rid of them I've had a bad month and have had sugar but now I've just cut it out

I will give you a bit of reverse psychology here...this worked for my Granddad when he needed to change some of his eating habits due to a heart condition and it worked for me when I tried it not long after surgery on myself.

Eat nothing but cookies! Eat them and eat them and eat them till you are sick of them and you won't want to eat them anymore!

My story...

My Pop loved pickles, (not so bad you would think right? but they are loaded with sodium and that was a big issue for him.) so for Breakfast Nan gave him pickles for lunch pickles dinner yup you guessed it pickles. If he wanted a snack she gave him a pickle. After that he said to her are you trying to kill me?! He never touched another pickle again.

I was having a serious skinny cow ice cream addiction. I was eating it every night not just one but 2 or 3. So one weekend I went out and bought a few boxes and ate nothing but that...ate it and ate it and soon I really didn't want that anymore I wanted "real" food...but I stuck it out and ate nothing but the ice cream. I started to feel sick to my stomach and guess what...no more skinny cow craving or even wanting. I don't have the desire for it, and when I have something I do want it's in moderation and I don't go looking for more because I remember how that sick feeling felt and I have no desire to go through that again with anything else :)

Thanks for the advice everyone. The Cookies were for my kids. They did not taste good enough for how bad I felt emotionally afterwards. I guess if I can't eat just one then I will have none.

Lisacaron, I tried that with beer when I was in college, but it never seemed to worked for very long ;). Drank nothing but beer all weekend...drank it till I puked...didn't want anymore beer come Monday, but by the next weekend there I was, chugging more beer! lol

I have a "break out day" some Sundays, which is also my weigh-in day. On Sundays I will eat something I missed or just be more relaxed about what I eat and drink. This helps me to stay focused the rest of the week. I will tell myself, I can have that on Sunday and then most of the time I'm not in the mood for it anymore anyway, come Sunday ... lol :-)

Throw the Cookies in the trash. Or take them to work and pawn them off on your co-workers. If you do feel snacky, you will have to get in your car or get on the bus or walk to the store to buy them. That is a pain in the ass and keeps me honest. If there are no Cookies around I'm not gonna walk to the Walgreen's and buy a package of them. I have better things to do with my time.

Having said that, what's done is done. No use feeling guilt over it. Every day is another chance to turn things around.