Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Those last pounds won't budge :-(

I am 12 lbs from my goal. I was losing about 8-10 lbs per month and then, suddenly, I've lost nothing for the last month. I understand that stalls happen and things are going to move slowly being this close to goal anyway. However, I expected to at least be losing a few lbs a month. For those who have been through this, how did you manage to get those last 10-15 lbs off? Anyone have any suggestions?

I've hit plateaus where I have been at the same weight for months... what usually helps is a follow up visit with the office, and a fill if warranted. I've I had to up my time on the treadmill just recently, after a fill... that broke the last plateau. I hope it lasts.

Yes, these last few lbs. are the toughest. Do you eat the same things consistantly? Do you do the same exercise routine everyday? Do you eat the same amount of calories every day? My reason for all the questions to encourage you to shake things up if you haven't done so already. I've found this really helps to get things back into the go zone! If you typically swim walk if you typically eat 1200 calories do 1100 one day, 1200 the next, etc. If you eat the same things shelf all of those items for a while and completely change it up. Also another thing that helps me is I do a Water flush so to speak it's 88oz the first day, 96oz the next and 88oz the last day, add in some lemon and this will assist if you're holding onto Water weight. I hope this helps! I know it's frustrating but the scale will start moving again!! It doesn't have a choice:)

Edited by enjoythetime

It took a while for me to get those last few pounds off as well and then it didn't stop until I reached ten pounds under reaching my goal. I had to get a fill and cut out carbs completely and then the plateau was over. You will get there but don't get discouraged if it takes you the next two to six months to lose those last few pounds. Good luck.

I've hit plateaus where I have been at the same weight for months... what usually helps is a follow up visit with the office, and a fill if warranted. I've I had to up my time on the treadmill just recently, after a fill... that broke the last plateau. I hope it lasts.

I don't really think I need another fill. I have 8.25 cc in a 10cc band. I don't feel like I'm overdoing it as far as eating. If anything, I may be eating too little. I need to start weighing and counting everything to see where I'm at. The few times I have measured out portions of Protein since my last fill, I wasn't able to eat more than 3 oz though and the only thing I eat with my Protein is usually veggies and I don't eat a lot of those either. I'm thinking I may try just cutting out the carbs too but I don't eat a lot of carbs either. I'm thinking it's just because I'm so close to goal, my body is just holding onto it more right now. I weighed this morning though and I'm down 1 lb this week so maybe the scale is going to start moving again.

Yes, these last few lbs. are the toughest. Do you eat the same things consistantly? Do you do the same exercise routine everyday? Do you eat the same amount of calories every day? My reason for all the questions to encourage you to shake things up if you haven't done so already. I've found this really helps to get things back into the go zone! If you typically swim walk if you typically eat 1200 calories do 1100 one day, 1200 the next, etc. If you eat the same things shelf all of those items for a while and completely change it up. Also another thing that helps me is I do a Water flush so to speak it's 88oz the first day, 96oz the next and 88oz the last day, add in some lemon and this will assist if you're holding onto Water weight. I hope this helps! I know it's frustrating but the scale will start moving again!! It doesn't have a choice:)

I do have a tendency to eat the same things day in and day out. I am a creature of habit :-( Exercise varies greatly. I don't really count calories so I have no idea but I'm guessing it's pretty close to the same amount each day since I eat a lot of the same foods over and over.

It took a while for me to get those last few pounds off as well and then it didn't stop until I reached ten pounds under reaching my goal. I had to get a fill and cut out carbs completely and then the plateau was over. You will get there but don't get discouraged if it takes you the next two to six months to lose those last few pounds. Good luck.

I did lose 1 lb this week which is not as much as I would like but it's WAY better than losing nothing. I think I'm going to give it a few more days or a week and see if the scale keeps moving. If it does, then I'll just be thrilled! If not, I think I'm going to try cutting out all of the carbs and see how that goes.

Those last pounds will come off but they are the hardest to lose. Think of all the folks you know without the band who want desperately to lose 10 pounds. You will get it off but start thinking in terms of one pound at at time.

Update....I've done NOTHING different. NOTHING. And now, 5 days after I originally posted this, I'm down 5 lbs! Must have been holding onto some Water. Anyway, 7 lbs to goal!

Yay! That's awesome! You go girl!