Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Two Week Milk Diet

Ahhh,

here we are ready for the last stage, before the procedure. All the medical appointments, check. Lost weight to show commitment, check. All the psychologists appointments to show I'm really ready for this, check. Six months of the Weigh Ahead Programme, check. AND, successfully completed said programme, reaching targets, check. Taking regular exercise, check. Bags packed, check........

Am I ready for this? Too right I am.

So, tomorrow is the day for the commencement of the milk diet.

Congratulations, you are almost to the finish line :)

Congratulations, you are almost to the finish line :)

I can't wait now. Almost a year in preparation. Yippeeeeee..... I'm sure I'll be anxious as it gets closer, but I'm ok at the moment. Thank you beelee37.

Edited by luckyknickers57

Breakfast on the first day of the milk diet.

Yummy, a glass of milk, no surprises there, but enjoyed getting my teeth in to my chewable (crunchy) multi Vitamins, then treated myself to my Vitamin D spray, Mmmmmm

Already told husband to SHUT UP!!!!!! Poor man, and only the morning of the first day........

Wonder what's for lunch???????

Cup of Bovril for lunch, followed by more milk in the afternoon, treated myself to some sugar free crushem... For tea I had more milk, in the evening a diet coke and my sugar free jelly, mmmmmm

This morning, milk, and packing my bag for Aqua Aerobics, second time this week, really enjoying it too.

Well.... I enjoyed my exercise yesterday, apart from a rude man shouting at the instructor. It was obviously aimed at me, but I smiled as if I didn't know. Other people were upset for me. In aqua aerobics, because you are exercising in Water, you move a bit from your spot, as anyone who goes would know.... Apart from this chap. After some time, he tried to engage in conversation with me, by saying "I hope you didn't think that was aimed at you?" REALLY, I just smiled sweetly. But, why I mention it is it really didn't bother me. A few weeks ago I would have been so embarrassed, and not gone back. But now, it's my future and a small minded, rude man is not going to change that. I would like to add that I probably worked harder at my undercuts, imagining that I was walloping him!!!

So, to Celebrate the change in me, I came home and had a glass of milk. I must admit I'm struggling a little, this is a real addiction here, no matter what any of the 'experts' tell us. I am also trying my best to drink enough milk, it's not easy and I'm about three pints behind. So, the target for today is, drink more milk.......

Cold and forgetting words!

Well, by 'lunch' time today I'll be one quarter of the way through. Hurray!!!!

The children are being great, they're pretending they're not enjoying their treats and meals, bless them.... My husband has now taken to eating in secret. We take turns in cooking the evening meals, and as soon as it's on the plates, I take myself off for my shower, and then a yummy glass of milk.

I've stopped opening the fridge and looking now, that was just silly. What is horrible is that I'm so COLD, also I find myself half way through a conversation, and then struggling for words. I don't know if anyone else has had these experiences?

Getting ready for my aqua aerobics again, looking forward to it, then a treat of hot Bovril for lunch

Day five, and counting

Really enjoyed my aqua aerobics, she worked us hard.....

Not sooo cold today, and I seem to be getting used to the diet (touch wood), and getting a bit of a routine going on. This is easier on the days I have formal exercise, but getting there on the other days too.

Ohhh, how lovely toast smells!!!!!! I think my sense of smell is increasing, I'm so sure that food never smelled this good before.

Had 'no added sugar' milkshake Syrup to make the milk go down, I can taste the sweeteners in it though, but does make it a bit easier to drink when I'm getting fed up with it. Still look forward to Bovril at lunch time, seems that the savoury taste makes it feel like a meal!

Roll on tomorrow, nearly half way then........

Day Six

What a funny day, was cold, but not so bad. Funny the feeling of being almost empty all the time. Not wanting much in the way of 'food' now, although really looking forward to Bovril still :huh: Maybe it's because it's savoury? Started to feel quite tired, a lack of energy, but pacing myself with my work. If I have to rest for five minutes, then I do. Experimenting with my jelly. Making rainbow jelly, by layering it!!!! Just to make it a bit different, but to by honest, not that bothered if I eat it or not.

Woke up in the middle of the night sneezing, hoping it's a 24 / 48 hour thing, don't want my operation cancelled after coming so far :unsure: :mellow: <_< :(

Day Seven, almost half way

By the time I go to sleep, I'll be half way through, on the downward slop, hurrayyyyyy

Can't believe I've got so far, I really thought it might be a step too far.

Been Aqua Aerobics this morning, and do you know the rude man shouting at the Instructor? Well, he was pulled into the office, with the Centre Manager and the Instructor. And yes, he was aiming his comments at me. I still feel the same, he's the one with the problem, not me. Enjoyed my exercise today, but am I tired? Yes, big time. Not quite so cold today, and still reminding myself to 'eat'. The only time I feel any real hunger is lunch time, and Bovril does it for me, feel fine when I've had that.

The sneezes seem to be almost better today, keeping my fingers crossed though......

Day Eight

On the downward slope, yippeeeee

When I woke this morning I felt a wonderful sense of relief. I have entered the second week, and past the half way mark, what a great feeling. It's strange to think that this time next week I'll be at the hospital, ready for the procedure. Also that there are people having their operation done today (Tuesday is the day for bariatric procedures at our hospital), and others just starting their two week milk diets too. I'm mindful of their feelings and what they have to, or are, going through. I wonder if they are thinking the same?

So, still cold, and again not too bad, the sneezes are still improving, but this tiredness is horrid. But, as I stated, I have to remind myself, I'm on the downward slope. Yessssssssssss :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes::D :D :D

Are you adding something with Protein to the milk, or whatever liquid you're taking in? If you go the Protein powder route, my NUT emphasized looking at the ingredients list for Protein ISOLATE, not protein concentrate. Best wishes!

Are you adding something with Protein to the milk, or whatever liquid you're taking in? If you go the Protein Powder route, my NUT emphasized looking at the ingredients list for Protein ISOLATE, not protein concentrate. Best wishes!

Hi beagleLover

No, we are strictly milk, no added anything. The dietician advises against protein. Our local health authority prefers this route. Did you have to follow the same path, or a low fat and carbohydrate diet? So many different diets preferred by doctors and dieticians!!!!! Thank you for your advice Beagle x

Day Nine

Can't believe I'm saying that, DAY NINE!!!! I have a smile on my face as I'm saying it, WOW, DAY NINE

What a rotten night last night, the family had fish and chips, thinking they were doing me a favour!!!! Grrrrrrr.....

I had to take the rubbish out to the recycle bin, the smell was lingering, air freshener sprayed all around the house. They were sat watching TV, I went into the room with the can and sprayed everywhere, no one said a word, just sat looking at me. I bet they'll be pleased when this diet is over :P

The good news is the sneezes have gone, and to cope with the fatigue I have taken to laying down on the sofa, for just ten minutes at a time when I feel I can't go on. This seems to work, I get up ready to go again, but the cold is unbearable, I've taken to wearing those thermal socks, inside my slippers and a really thick cardigan, it helps.

Getting my bag ready for aqua aerobics, looking forward to it, although probably have to have ten minutes on the sofa afterwards with my hot Bovril, Mmmmmm

Not long to go now. Apart from being sick of the sight of milk lol, how are you feeling?