Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Two Week Milk Diet

Day Ten

Thanks Willow,

Yep, you got it.... sick of the sight of..... milk....... But apart from that OK thank you. And you are so right, not long to go now. Strange to think you know what is in store for me...... I realise that you have tried to share experiences and it is comforting to have this knowledge, but I'm guessing we are all a little different and so are our experiences too. So I may come across things that you haven't prepared me for! But I will let you know!!!!

I enjoyed aqua aerobics yesterday, but after, I would have laid on the sofa for more than ten minutes, probably had a sleep if I'm honest, but had too much to get on with, another manic day today, but maybe that's good. I don't have too much time to worry!

I have Constipation now, but that is a side effect that we were warned about, so off to the pharmacy later. I can see that I have lost some weight, from my tummy area, I'm not going to weigh myself though, I'll wait till the day of the procedure. My husband thinks that I have lost some from my legs too, hope he's not getting any ideas!!!!!! Don't think he's looked at me that closely for years......

Still cold, still tired, still ready......

Edited by luckyknickers57

Don't knock him for noticing lol, too many guys don't see any difference although my hubby seems to be able to guess exactly how much weight I have lost each week lol.
I am still cold most of the time, my husband and son are moaning because I have been insisting they leave the heating on for me while they melt lol. I thankfully have more energy than ever.

So have you got everything ready for your hospital trip? How long does your surgeon plan to keep you in hospital?

You're doing great! Keep it up. It is and will be so worth it. I am almost 5 months post op. Never thought id be here agsin but i am now 89lb lighter. I started at 356 and now 268. I cried the day i hit 299. Keep up the work and be happy you have great support. You will need it in tye months to come. What helps me is I put up my before picture by my fridge and every 6wks i put up a new now picture with it to see where i was and where im going so i never go back. Then i cleaned out my fridge. I have 2,shelves that r just mine so i dont look anywhere else. I also have one cupboard thats just mine too. I cook for my kids and when they want what i cant eat then my daughter cooks and i have a yummy Protein Shake that day. I hope any of this will help u on your journey amd congrats again. Keep the positive attitude!

Day Eleven

Who would have thought it? getting close now, still really busy, thank goodness. I'm sure the anxiety will build quite soon, but OK at the moment. Cancelled my aqua aerobics session this morning, so constipated I can't tell you how bad it is, even after the treatment. Phoning the hospital today, as the have a clinic on Fridays. (Sorry to mention it, but I feel it's important to be honest). The plus side of not going is I can get on with lots of other stuff that was worrying me.

Did any of you write letters, just in case? I read somewhere than some people do when they have operations..... Don't know what to do about that one!

Yes Willow, you are right, I should enjoy my husbands positive comments, I might thank him next time :) I also am driving everyone nuts by having the heating on, oh well, never mind. Because I live on an Island the surgeon wants to keep me in extra time, he advises three nights, although I hate being in hospital, and would want to get home as soon as I can, I will just do as he says. After all, it's in my interest :blush: .

Thank you Kimba, five months and 89lb down, wow, and you were about the same as me before. Blimey, that's inspiring!!! Yes, I do feel positive, and I feel better already having lost some weight, my mobility has improved and I feel happier. Does that sound crazy? I think I might put photos of me around too. My daughter insisted that take some, so I took some the other day, in my SWIMMING COSTUME!!!!! Not a good thing to do for now, but yes good to look back on. Only wish I took some at my heaviest :blink:

So, still cold, still tired, still fed up with milk, still eager to have this done......

Probably from all the milk you are drinking. My 2 week pre-op diet was food. High Protein food I had to buy but it was really good and I lost 23lbs so it worked. You're almost there so keep up the good work and you will get over the poo hump. Lol. Thank goodness I haven't yet had to deal with it. The worst has been 2 days. I think pictures even now are a great idea. They keep you moving on the right path. At least they do for me. Keep going you can do it. Be very proud!!

Edited by kimba6999

You're so right Kimba

Defo the lack of roughage has had an effect.....

Taking so many photos, wish I took more at my heaviest, but you know how it is, avoid the camera at all costs...

Dsy Twelve

Can't believe it, no wayyy, already.

Well telephoned the hospital yesterday, really helpful. Seems I was 'compacted' and they advised Glycerine Suppositories. They have worked and shifted the Rock of Gibraltar. I feel so much better. How embarrassing!!!!

Still so very cold, taken to having a shower every time I think I'm too cold, it's helping. Still wearing loads of layers of clothing, and putting the heating on at night, everyone else is roasting, wearing shorts.

Still forgetting to have my milk, but not my Bovril. So look forward to that, Mmmmmm

Think I may not go to aqua aerobics on Monday, see when I get nearer to the day.

So sad I can't do my hanging baskets, no one else will have time to look after them. But I've thought what is in one year of the gardening calendar, compared to the rest of my life being healthy? Well worth the trade off.

My memory is a little more 'cloudy', hope this is the diet, and temporary :blink:

I have some veggies now when i eat and boy do they taste good and i feel like im eating healthier when i do. Still have to limit it but happy to have fruits and veggies back. I used to hate having my picture taken. Now i cant wait. I look back and think wow, why didnt anyone tell me i looked that bad. Im still over weight but i now like to look at myself, except for the maked part lol. I have so kuch sagging now its yucky! Gotta love spandex material tho, its keeping it all in til the day i hit goal and have it all removed. Im gonna be a hot looking grandma. Lol

Oh btw my second son amd wife are expecting their first child in august. I look forward to being the healthy active 45yr old but feeling 25yr old fun grandma! No regrets!!

Ohhh, congrats Kimba, a new baby!!!! Is this your first Grandchild???

Yeah, I can't wait to get back to veggies and fruit, Mmmmmm, bet you really enjoy and appreciate them. I was 40 when I became a grandma, and quite a lot slimmer that I am now. I used to be able to go to the beach, and walk for miles with my grandchildren, and I'm looking forward to doing that again, as I live on the coast. Yeah, a healthy, active grandma, enjoying our grandchildren. Another thing to look forward to.

Good luck to you having corrective surgery, it is something that I'm going to look into, I love swimming and will need something done to help me keep up with the fitness, rather than stop me. I keep hearing inspirational experiences, where people are kind enough to share with us, they are a motivation to me. Thank you so much.

Congrats on the grand child kimba.

Not long to go now lucky. I felt like a kid waiting on Santa the last week before my op date lol.

Day Thirteen

What a day, woke up with a sore throat, ohhh noooooo. Thought at first that I'd been sleeping with my mouth wide open, not so sure now, hurting in my ears too.

Amazingly there is no information in the pack from the hospital about sore throats. I've looked it up on the internet, and I should turn up and inform the anaesthetist. So, that's what I'm going to do.

Too busy to mention, so much to do before surgery, so, not anxious yet..... What am I going to be like when it hits me?

Honestly i dont think i ever really got anxious or nervous until they were wheeling me down the hall but then i think i was more excitement than nerves. My best advice to you is just do exactly what they tell you. I did and have had not one negative issue. As soon as u can get up and walk, do it! Try not to baby yohrself too much. Work on getting in your Protein right away. The more protein u can get in the faster you will heal. Get in your 15 minute walk every hour and do your breathing in the little machine thing they give you. Just remember that this is the beginning of the rest of your life and the biggest benefit is being there even longer now for your family and all the things that you will now be able to do now with them. Thats what keeps me going!! Good luck to you just in case i dont get to see your next post. Im just smiling big for you right now and so excited for you!!! Congrats.

OMG Kimba

Thank you so much, I just had a phone call from the hospital, they want me in a little early am I'm first on the afternoon's list. Even better, less time to hang about. Do you know I'm so looking forward to eating, and sensibly too, and as you say to live longer, and healthier for our families. I'll try and send a message just before I go down tomorrow.

Excited to hear from u before and after when you're up to writing. So excited for you. You have a great rest of your life in store. Good luck and wish your family well.