Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am scheduled for lapband surgery tomorrow April 25. Scared to death but so excited too. I would love to hear from those of you that don't regret your surgery. I think it would encourage me. Thanks.

Hey I'm also a newbie. I can't really give you a lot of long-term advice since I was just banded last Friday. I can tell you this: in the week since I've been banded I've lost nearly fifteen pounds. I'm fully aware that it's mostly Water weight, but there's something really nice about waking up in the morning knowing you'll never be as heavy as you were the day before.

As far as recovery goes, it's not that bad. The worst for me have been the shoulder pains, so keep a heating pad handy and walk, even if you don't feel like it.

Best of luck!

booflu, I'm so excited for you! I know you're nervous right now which is completely normal, if anyone likes having surgery that's when we need to be concerned:-)

I'm 11 months post-op and am thrilled with the decision I made to have the lapband! It's changed my life in more ways than I could have ever imagined!

You're going to do great. Just follow your doctors instructions to the T and you will be successful!

Please keep us posted on how you're doing!

You should be one day out by now and I hope you are doing well. I have no regrets. I'm 11 months out 75 lbs down and my whole life is brighter. It is what you make it. If you're willing to do your part, you will do great. I don't keep a real tight band, so I can eat nearly all the foods, I am training myself to make good choices. I find if I exercise regularly that comes easier too. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress

@@booflu and @@futureformerfattie, Congratulations! I am almost six months out and so happy with this decision. Choosing myself and my health has been very powerful for me. I am feeling really good, much more energy and just so relieved to have the appetite monster off my back. It can take a little while to get the stride with the right fills, etc., and it's a good idea to take measurements as it's quite surprising to see those numbers drop even when there may be a stall on the scale. Best wishes to you both for a lovely healing weekend!

Before I was banded I went to a local support group, ( Fall 2011) they all told me " The only thing I regret is not getting banded sooner !!" Well, 2.4 years later, I say the exact same words. Life is 100 % better, every.single.day. NO REGRETS ! NOT ONE !!! No more sleep apnea or digestive problems, look and feel good, lots more energy, cute size 10 clothes , I run and swim, and life is GOOD!!

I lost 27 lbs as of the day of my surgery. After, I gained two! Today, I was down another for a total of 28. Please tell me it keeps on!

Thanks so much for your encouraging words. Today is my 2nd day out & I'm very very sore but no other complaints at all. No gas pain! I'm so excited to get healed so I can begin the fills!

Boo flu! Lucky you ! The gas pain in my shoulder and neck have been the worst. Today is day five for me. I did take the pain pill before bed and consequently slept through the night. What a gift! No headache waking me up and a full 7 hours of sleep! My incision sites are less sore and I feel so good! My stomach is loud! Lol, but I suppose I will get used to that. Everyone says it continues. No matter how miserable you are today, in just a few you WILL feel better!

Hope you are doing well booflu. If it helps at all, I can tell you that the lapband saved my life. No dramatics here...it really saved me. I was heading towards being in a wheelchair because my arthritis was turning me into a cripple. That's why my forum name is gowalking. That was my dream and I've reached it. No wheelchair, no more cane. I can walk pretty well now...not perfect, not yet...but I'm walking and moving and going up and down stairs...nothing scares me because I can move again. Good luck my friend and let us know how you are doing as you move through your weight loss journey.